Evod is pulling really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I've had my evod about a week and a half now. I noticed lately the pull on it has gone from light and airy to hard. I tried changing coils, loosening and tightening the coils to different levels, and barely screwing it on the battery. Even when it's not on the battery it has a real hard pull. I have no idea what's causing this but I'm not enjoying this evod now nearly as much as I was. Vapor production is lacking as well. Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I did just clean my batteries and their threads. Mine must be a knock off, it only has 2 holes. I read the thread on how to tell if it's a legit evod or not and mine doesn't seem to fit any of them. The holes are placed in the same spot as the real deal, but there's only 2 of them. I will see if I can find something small enough to go into the holes.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Well I just did what you guys recommended and it didn't seem to make a difference. This has really got me stumped. Today's been a bad vaping day. I can't use my evod, a battery took a crap on me (button broke). Do you think it's possible the center tube is getting blocked or clogged up from thick juice? Maybe I should vape it empty and then clean it with some hot water.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Try pulling out the bottom positive pin of the head a tiny bit and pull the rubber insulator down and squeeze the insulator with your fingernails to reround it a bit. Since you have the head out wipe the bottom clean and blow gently backwards from the bottom of the head, you also could have a carbon chunkie blocking the airway inside the head.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
So I took it all apart and cleaned it well and put it back together and it still didn't feel right. So I took a pin and put it up through the middle air hole of the coil and ran in through a few times and that seems to have fixed it. The draw feels much better now and not nearly as tight. I filled it up and am letting it sit for a few minutes to soak the wicks then I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice everyone! I love this place!

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Well I thought I had it all sorted out but now after using it for a few mins it's pulling really tight it feels like. I really liked this evod too. I'm stumped. I was thinking maybe I've just gotten used to my other devices but I remember thinking at first this thing was really airy and had an easy draw which I grew to kind of like.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
So I took it all apart and cleaned it well and put it back together and it still didn't feel right. So I took a pin and put it up through the middle air hole of the coil and ran in through a few times and that seems to have fixed it. The draw feels much better now and not nearly as tight. I filled it up and am letting it sit for a few minutes to soak the wicks then I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice everyone! I love this place!

I made a stupid mistake. I just realized that the wicks run over top of the middle hole and by running a pin through it I probably ruined the wicks. I'll have to pick up a new coil on Friday and see if that helps. I really liked the amount of vapor this thing produced.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Well the draw seems back to normal but even with the new coil this evod is just not putting out the vapor it did when I first got it. I'm using the same exact juice in it too. The only thing is I don't know what ohm the replacement coil I got for it is. I'm running a fixed 3.3v ego battery. Maybe the original coil was like a 1.8 and the replacement I bought at the local vapor lounge is 2.2 or 2.5 or something? I don't know but when I first got it I remember thinking wow this thing really puts out some vapor. Not so much anymore!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
If you're buying the heads at a B&M are you sure they're authentic? If I were you I would order a box of 1.8 resistance ones for vaping at 3.3 volts from a vendor who carries Kanger brand-name heads which would be ProTank ones now since Kanger quit making exclusively EVOD ones. Two that come to mind off the top of my head that I know are okay as I've bought from them are litecigusa and rocky mountain vapor. It just sounds to me like you're getting some poor heads as, in any case, EVOD or ProTank heads should last longer than yours are before diminishing performance starts or before petering out totally. And, btw, if you're using a thick or pretty opaque juice, you sould be rinsing in hot (at least tap hot) every day or at least every few days. Try an overnight soak in vodka before throwing away the ones not performing well. Sorry if you've already said. I can't remember your OP and can't see it from here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread