Excited to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
Hey guys and gals, new member here. My name is Mark, I'm 26, and I currently live in Canton, OH. Relatively new still to the e-cig market tbh. Started with gas station e-cigs earlier this year, then went to an local ecig shop where they hooked me up with the Evod 2. I consider that my first real good e-cig experience (despite the leaking of e-juice of course haha). It' what has got me to this point. I recently bought my first mod, an eleaf istick 30w w/ a kanger subtank mini. So far it has been nice without nearly as many issues as I had w/ the Evod 2, for obvious reasons. However, I'm looking to start building my own RBAs and that's what lead me here. I'm not a big fan of the 0.5 resistance or 1.2 resistance atomizers that I'm able to purchase easily right now. I'm thinking my sweet spot would be somewhere in between, perhaps around 0.9 or 1.0. I'm not really picky on e-juice tbh, there's some flavors that I like that are a pg/vg mix, where as there are others that are simply 100% VG. It really just depends on my mood at the time what I want to buy. So I'm curious to see your opinions. What gauge of kanthal wire would be good for me to go with my istick 30w w/ the subtank mini? Mind you, I'm looking for resistance somewhere between 0.5 and 1.2. If you have any other suggestions on how to enhance my vaping experience, I'm open to any suggestions you all may have. Thanks for reading this and I apologize for how long this message is.

Reactions: Romano Cheese

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi @MarkCM and welcome to the forums! The subtank is a good one, I have a couple. As for rebuilding you will need an Ohm meter to accurately measure the resistance, iSticks only read to the .x and round up or down, you want a real Ohm meter than will give you .xx for more accuracy. Ceramic tweezers are also a good thing to have for pinching and manipulating the coil once it's built. Some wire cutters/scissors (or even nail clippers) to trim your leads. Lastly you will need some wicking material - I prefer Organic Japanese Cotton, but there are other options. It will take you a few builds to get your sweet spot, the .5Ω OCC coils that come with it are okay, but a .5Ω build in the RBA will vape differently. Most prefer the RBA over the stock coils (in price and vapor quality). PG/VG are a personal choice, everyone likes different mixes - and flavors - the more VG you have the more cloudy vapor you will get, the PG is the flavor carrier. As for Kanthal wire, I would recommend 28 or 26 gauge to start with. I would also recommend watching some YouTube videos on rebuilding the SubTank.

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
I knew some of that already, but you gave me even more information that I hadn't even thought of or considered. Thank you. Also, to go along with my first post, I stopped smoking analogs the day before Thanksgiving in 2014, due to my son (first child of mine) about to be born just weeks later. Was on the gum for the 12 week program and when it was all over, I had to switch to something and thats when I started again with ecigs (tried for like a month or two a few years ago but didn't last long cause I didn't know anything about them). But now, I've been smoke free since last year and the cravings for analogs are no longer there, even when around others who are smoking them (especially at work where half the people smoke analogs). I also prefer the organic Japanese cotton myself. I've found that to be the easiest to use in the very few I've put together so far. But yes, looks like I'll be making a trip tomorrow to get some tweezers, wire, more cotton, and perhaps a meter as well. Happy to be here and thanks again for your insight! :)

Reactions: Romano Cheese
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread