experimental build technique. the M-coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
mcoils.jpg.jpg

so basically i wanted to make a coil that was easier to stack. the traditional coil is awkward to stack so i came up with this. first i form a hard angle in the wire. wrap it around a screw driver to make a hook in it. next i put my wick in the hook and wrap it up one side at a time. a properly wrapped m-coil is the same as a standard 3/4 wrap. I made a quad coil build in a smoktech rda with 2 coils stacked on either side.. here is a link to a video of me vaping it. m-coils vape test - YouTube

I would really like to see someone else play with this idea.

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
what are the benefits of this type of coil? just to put on on top of another?

yes.. pretty much just to stack. when i tried to do 8 coils in a nimbus or 4 on an RDA it was difficult to adjust the tension to make sure all the coils were firing evenly. with this coil it is much easier. there are very few innovations lately.. i think the last big thing was ekowool and before that SS cable.. really im just trying new stuff.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
has anyone tried "wrapping" the other direction?

when i saw "M" coil, I thought maybe this is what you were describing...

OK, how do i describe this...

imagine your hard angle... but you do it every 1" or so on the wire... maybe 3 of them... and the bend is much more severe

so you have:

/\/\/

then instead of wraping it around the wick running like horizontal:

++++

you wrap it around like vertical:

+
+
+
+

I got the idea from a antique style light bulb....

Edison_Nostalgic_Bulb.jpg__90301.1349735030.1280.1280.jpg

I'll build it one day, if i get bored.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
wow, that looks intriguing. i hate the way my coils end up always tilting funny in my helios (there doesn't seem to be a lot of room in there), so i'll have to try it to see if this will get them to sit right.

not today, though, today i'm trying to rebuild my aga-t2, which is even more of a PITA than i remember it being...

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
I use a bolt to wrap my coils, you just wind the wire through the threads. It makes it easy to straighten out the coil after you tighten down the screws (Helios) because you can bend/move the entire coil and keep it's shape if you keep the bolt in there.
This also helps you get a "perfect" coil everytime and makes multiple coil builds a lot easier because your coils will be exactly the same.
wow, that looks intriguing. i hate the way my coils end up always tilting funny in my helios (there doesn't seem to be a lot of room in there), so i'll have to try it to see if this will get them to sit right.

not today, though, today i'm trying to rebuild my aga-t2, which is even more of a PITA than i remember it being...

Last edited:

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
would maybe make changing just a wick easier, just pull up a little on the point and slide a new one in, cool looking idea.

Thank you very much Thrasher. and that is all it really is.. an idea. this is certainly not gonna revolutionize anything.. all i want to do is encourage other people to try to think outside the box and show people that it can be done. =]

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
It certainly looks like a good build for what you're doing with it... like my friend the Vapeliscious Orangutang here said, some of us are using them in micro format with cotton on our REOs... I haven't tried one yet, but heard great things about them.

"Give a man a Dibby crack, he'll vape on it for a week, give him a Claw, he'll cook a fish on it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread