Extra door color opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelley cerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
NOLA
So I got my hands on a VV Grand thanks to Spunky and I decided to try to get some extra doors for it before they all disappear. Currently, it is the painted black finish all around with a very bright pink door. I'm quite a girly-girl, but sometimes I want something a little more low key. Also, if I ever wind up swapping this for a different Reo, I figure having a more universal color might come in handy. Oh, and I just ordered an Igo from Rob to go with it because I've got an RM2 and wanted to try the Igo since much as I love the RM2, I don't like having a threaded cap - I find it hard to remove the cap without removing the deck portion.

Of the following options, which would you get and why? Bonus points if you have a pic of the combo. (RWIW, I may well wind up getting two, since I do sort of want a purple door since purple is my thing.)

white
purple
silver vein
gold
hammer tone silver
black wrinkle

shelley cerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
NOLA
Raynman, you are correct - the ones I listed are the colors Rob has on hand for the VV Grand. I figured I would get some before he runs out!

Thanks everyone for the opinions - the hammertone silver was the one I had my eye on, I just didn't know if it would look weird with the painted black block because the textures are so different. I'm also thinking maybe instead of purple I might get white... but I really want the purple =)

ETA: Jugband - do you think the hammer tone will look ok with the smooth black?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Raynman, you are correct - the ones I listed are the colors Rob has on hand for the VV Grand. I figured I would get some before he runs out!

Thanks everyone for the opinions - the hammertone silver was the one I had my eye on, I just didn't know if it would look weird with the painted black block because the textures are so different. I'm also thinking maybe instead of purple I might get white... but I really want the purple =)

ETA: Jugband - do you think the hammer tone will look ok with the smooth black?

The Hammer Tone will look great! I also have the Silver Vein, Black Wrinkle, and Purple doors that I use with the Black body. The Black Wrinkle will not stand out near as much. But it is my favorite texture.

The Silver Vein compliments the Black well. The Purple looks good with it's contrast just a tad less than the pink.

The textured doors add something to the black body in a good way! I love changing out the doors!

Check out the pictures of any of the styles on reosmods. You will find combinations there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread