Failure rate on the chuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
I have had my little chuck for almost a year and I have had to send it in only once for a new switch. I have had my big chuck for about 5 months with absolutely no problems. These things are bullet proof. If you can afford two of them, do it. The chances of both of them failing at the same time is small and you will always have a back up chuck just in case. Good luck and you would be hard pressed to find anyone with better customer service.

frazzledglispa

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Denver, CO
Heh heh, you said upchuck.

I have had my chuck for about 10 months and it still works great. I recently stopped using it as I have been having some trouble with small objects causing pain and tingling in my fingertips (not just the button on the Chuck.) This is no fault of the device, however. I have had other people test it out and they agree that it works fine (and doesn't cause them pain.)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
frazzled, I primarily use my left hand for vaping. That hand tends to go to sleep if I grip anything too long (long phone calls are a treat.) As a result, I try to vary the way I hold my Chuck and press the button. If you turn the button to the bottom, it's very comfortable to hit it with your thumb right about at the joint.

If you miss your Chuck you might try this.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Hello all,

I've been searching for the right mod for me for 6 months now. There are a lot of options to consider. I just have one question about the Chuck.

What kind of failure rate do these have? I've heard the warranty is the best in the business, but I hate sending stuff back for repairs.

I can only afford 1 mod at this time, so I want to make sure this is a reliable mod before I commit to ordering one. I know many of y'all probably own 2 or more, but is that because the switch goes out all the time and you need to send one back and have another as a backup?

Also, I'm going to be using V4L cartomizers, so will I need to get an adapter or is this already compatible?

Any help in this is much appreciated, and I hope to be able to order in the next few days.

Thanks,
Darrigaaz

then you shoulda bought a Prodigy V3.

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Hi gr8dane, long time no see. My German Shepherds no better than to mess with my Chuck, I AM the alpha male around here. (at least that is what I tell myself). Hey Bassthumper, just in case you didn't notice, this is the forum for Chuck users and soon to be Chuck users. I'd put my Chuck up against a Prodigy any day of the week. One year, one replaced switch which Jeff replaced immediately. Pretty good stats anywhere.

Afubar

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Oregon
I've had my 2 Chucks for over a year - no problems what so ever. Well except for the one I loaned someone and they got in a wreck and lost it. ( it was in thier camper when it disintegrated, no one but my Chuck was hurt) They replaced it, just got it back and it's gonna stay in it's stable unless it's with me, no more loaning my Chuck to anyone. Poor little Walking Horse Chuck. Thanks Jeff, you do awesome work. Yoy've kept me off cigarettes for over 14 months now. You are the BEST!!!

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Well, it seems I have figured it out, it is a switch problem...if I press the switch hard it works everytime.

I went through that with mine. A q-tip with a bit of rubbing alcohol, wipe down the switch. I really suspect I got some tiny bit of e-juice in it. I went through a short phase with a stubborn switch but now they work like champs.

On a sad not, my gunsmoke chuck hit the driveway real good. I damaged the graphics, the coating blistered and is cracked in a few spots and he has a few dings on him. However, he still works like a champ so there ya go. It was a heck of a fall and yep, takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

BigDaddyRog

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Slidell, LA
www.facebook.com
I think that 90% of the reported switch problems are all the same....pouring rubbing alcohol into the chuck and blowing it out so that the alcohol shoots out of the button works like magic. I have sent my chuck in 3 times for button problems...hadI known about the alcohol cleaning method...Id have only needed to send it in once.....I love my chuck so much that I just ordered a 2nd one...if my place ever catches on fire(which is much more unlikely since Ive quit smoking analogs), the chucks and juice will be the first things I grab, then maybe a pair of underwear....the neighbors HATE it when I vape nude in the streets!!! ;)

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I think that 90% of the reported switch problems are all the same....pouring rubbing alcohol into the chuck and blowing it out so that the alcohol shoots out of the button works like magic. I have sent my chuck in 3 times for button problems...hadI known about the alcohol cleaning method...Id have only needed to send it in once.....I love my chuck so much that I just ordered a 2nd one...if my place ever catches on fire(which is much more unlikely since Ive quit smoking analogs), the chucks and juice will be the first things I grab, then maybe a pair of underwear....the neighbors HATE it when I vape nude in the streets!!! ;)

Well BDR, if you found yourself nekkid you could just use the chuck for cover! LOL!!!!

You don't have to use a ton of alcohol, just a wee bit and once you do it, you shouldn't have to really repeat often though I think some of that has to do with the fact that I can refill with out making a mess. I just refill more often and use less cause I never have a drip rag handy when I flood out the carto and then need to remove it, clean out my connector and blow out my carto. Months and months of practice.

Glad this all got reposted here and the finger cheese thread died. I gave the horses a real good mane and tail grooming after months of neglect and I made sure to leave my chuck to the side and wash my hands up well to avoid such issues. I don't think rubbing alcohol would have saved me from the stuff I ended up with all over my hands when I was finished. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread