Falcon King not performing

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1m330910

Jan 23, 2020
So I recently brought myself a new Falcon King tank after hearing really good things and getting pretty annoyed at buying coils week for my smok.
Now the thing is every coil I have put through the Falcon has tasted real bad. I've tried priming for 20 minutes and 1 hour plus breaking in from 30w. I can never get good flavour, in fact half the time I'm getting dry hits even though my coil is saturated an the cotton is not burned. I'm using it with a Smok R-Kiss. I cant really tell where I'm going wrong I and if it's the mod or the tank.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So I recently brought myself a new Falcon King tank after hearing really good things and getting pretty annoyed at buying coils week for my Smok.
Now the thing is every coil I have put through the Falcon has tasted real bad. I've tried priming for 20 minutes and 1 hour plus breaking in from 30w. I can never get good flavour, in fact half the time I'm getting dry hits even though my coil is saturated an the cotton is not burned. I'm using it with a Smok R-Kiss. I cant really tell where I'm going wrong I and if it's the mod or the tank.
Hi and welcome,
How much power are you feeding a "broken in" coil?
How is your air flow adjusted?
What is the nicotine content of the juice you are using?
What is the brand and flavor you are using? PG/VG content?

If you are not drawing hard enough, the mesh coil may not feed liquid efficiently nor be cooled properly.
Are you taking hard strong 3-4 second pulls or are you trying to vape it like a cigarette or with a "normal" breath type inhale?

Cheers
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for the reply,
So I normally go up from 30 in 10 watt increments every 5 puffs until I reach 60 then 5 watts till I reach 75 with airflow open which is the recommended wattage.my juice is always 3mg and at the moment I'm using Wild Roots blueberry/cherry/lemon at 70/30pg and yes I take long draws.
Thanks.
Close the air flow down about half way and suck just a bit harder.
Search youtube for some reviews of the tank and mimic the reviewers draw strength and speed using a similar wattage.
If you prefer longer, more relaxed draws; this may not be the tank for you.
You mentioned having similar issues with the Smok unit. Perhaps a tank with a more restrictive, MTL type draw is a better choice for you.
Do you have a vape shop close to you?

Cheers
I

• Useful

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I recently brought myself a new Falcon King tank after hearing really good things and getting pretty annoyed at buying coils week for my Smok.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to re ask your question in this forum below (the "New Member forum" is used basically as a polite way of saying hello to all ECF members). Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the appropriate forum.
Ref:"falcon 2 vs free max mesh pro" subjects are handled in the Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils forum.
Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks so much for all advice,
Very few of us will unlikely see your appreciation reply above because we do not get any followup notifications. You can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon, or other icons, at bottom right hand corner (of this post thumbs up symbol) ditto for each reply. This action will notify the poster(s) of your chosen noted response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread