Falcon King,what mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Carpenter

Dec 9, 2016
Been using the Uwell crown,original,for about four years..I still like it but wanting to try the the falcon King to see if the hype on the mesh coils is for real..I use eleaf 80 watt mods at around 55 watts..Just wonder if the resistance is OK with the eleaf?..They claim down to 0.15..Thanks for any help,Bob

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
That tank with the mesh coil will work famously on that mod. 55 to 65 watts will be good. Im using the vaporesso NRG tank with mesh and its very similar to the falcon in terms of performance. Im vaping a .15 mesh at 55 watts no problem. Try it and you'll see what all the hype about mesh coils is all about. Use the m2 coil on the falcon, its a single coil and i think a single gives best performance.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
The mod is an eleaf i power 80 watt,internal battery,claims resistance to 0.15,guess it's OK to go with what I have..Hope so,I have three of them..One is four years old and still going strong..B.
You should be fine, as most mods have a little wiggle room with regards to how low they can fire. You might run into a coil here or there that is built a little lower than others that MIGHT give you an issue, but overall you should be fine. That mod May be able to run Arctic Fox, but I'm not sure. If so, that may help hitting lower Ohm's.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I just don't like to wriggle in the wrong direction. Also, (I THINK?) the more you redline your mod, the more quickly the battery gives out. I stand ready to be corrected on this, but I'd probably personally not be inclined to play limbo with my mod. I wouldn't use it with the oldest one either, I'm guessing.

What were your usual wattage ranges on your mods? I think that would give more of an indication of how well the will hold up. The wattage you vape it at matters more than the actual resistance on most regulated mods anyway.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, for the love of all that is holy! LOL

Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
IDK I just don't like to wriggle in the wrong direction. Also, (I THINK?) the more you redline your mod, the more quickly the battery gives out. I stand ready to be corrected on this, but I'd probably personally not be inclined to play limbo with my mod. I wouldn't use it with the oldest one either, I'm guessing.

What were your usual wattage ranges on your mods? I think that would give more of an indication of how well the will hold up. The wattage you vape it at matters more than the actual resistance on most regulated mods anyway.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, for the love of all that is holy! LOL

Anna
You're both right, and incorrect. The lower the Ohm's, usually, the more mass it has. The more mass(metal that needs to be heated) the more power it takes to get to temp. So usually, the lower the Ohm's, the quicker the battery will drain. Differences in metal types play a roll too, as nichrome heats faster than stainless steel, which heats faster than kanthal,.

As for wiggle room, thats true of anything that's mass produced. Not all 3000 maH batteries are 3000 maH. Some are 30011, some are 3056, and anything lower than that, gets sold to a company like vapcell that sells it as a 3100 maH.

So as long as OPs mod doesn't say Smok on it, it should hit a factory 0.15 coil, as most of them are probably 0.152-0.157 Ohm's or there about. Most wouldn't be 0.145ohm.

Last edited:

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Been using the Uwell crown,original,for about four years..I still like it but wanting to try the the falcon King to see if the hype on the mesh coils is for real..I use eleaf 80 watt mods at around 55 watts..Just wonder if the resistance is OK with the eleaf?..They claim down to 0.15..Thanks for any help,Bob

I use my Falcon King on a dual 18650 Voopoo Drag 2. When I first got the Falcon King, I put it on my single 18650 Tesla Punk 85 and it wouldn't drive the Falcon King correctly, but the Voopoo Drag 2 works really good with the Falcon King. I vape at 75w with the M-Dual coil.
IMG_2215.jpg

Doesn't work well with Punk 85
D6A085E5-9A47-4FFC-ACDA-76C6A1684FD9.jpeg

Works very well with both Crown IV and Drag 2
Crown lV and Falcon King Reduced.jpg
VooPoo Drag 2 and Falcon King Reduced.jpg

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Thanks for the info...Looks I will need more power than my single batt eleafs..But you say it runs your crown 4 fine?..How does the crown 4 compare to the King?..Silly question...But there are mesh coils for the crown 4 now...B

Good morning Bob. You are welcome, but remember that this is my personal experience with the Falcon King on my single and dual 18650 mods. I am not experienced enough to say whether your single 18650 eleaf i power 80 mods will run the Falcon King correctly. I do agree with stols001 wiggle room statement above. I would prefer to have plenty of power, rather than just enough. My crown IV dual battery mod in the photo above runs the Falcon King with no problem. More than enough power. I do like the Crown IV tank just as well as the Falcon King.

I also have the Freemax Fireluke M 2. Those 3 tanks(Falcon King, Crown IV, and Fireluke M 2) round out my top 3 favorites. Here's a head scratcher for me though. Both the Freemax Fireluke M 2 and Crown IV tanks run just fine on my Tesla Punk 85 single 18650 mod. It's the Falcon King that doesn't do well on the Punk 85 mod. The display on the Punk 85 just blinks on and off when I try the Falcon King on it.

And yes, I am using Uwell UN2 0.23oHm sing mesh coils rated at 60 to 70 watts in my Crown IV tank.

I hope this helps you. I am sure that more experienced folks will chime in. Have a great day Bob.:)

Last edited:

Bob Carpenter

Dec 9, 2016
Well,I jumped in...Bought the Falcon King,Wismec R2/3 mod,Charger and Samsung 25R batteries..I'll try the two coils that come with the Tank before buying more..Got the gear from Vapor Authority..I could get cheaper prices but been buying from them a long time with no problems..When UPS delivered to wrong house they were all over it...I actually got to talk to a real person..Hope this all works for me,as it is I'll be sleeping with the dog a night or two..Thanks for the help,B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread