Status
Not open for further replies.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
So here goes! As some of you know, I just got a REO recently and I was so excited because I dreamed about it for a long time! I know this will be a shocker and not make any sense to most of you, but I just didn't love it. It had nothing to do with not liking making coils or making perfect cotton wicks, because if I say so myself, I did an excellent job! I just can't pin point what it was, but I just knew it was not what I needed. So as of today, my REO mini 2.1 is on its way to a new loving home, where it will be loved and cherished as it should be!

So my journey will continue and I welcome any suggestions my NT family might have! I absolutely love my MVP and will be looking into making it better. I am definitely a tank type gal and am no longer afraid of making coils, after all I have all the equipment now!
So please don't tar and feather me! Although I might look great in some peacock feather! I am really looking for options to give me a better vaping experience on my MVPs.

Please forgive me and let me stay in the family because I Love it here!

Signed,
Fallen REOnot :(

REDFISHIN

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Rockport, Texas
Sorry the Reo didn't work out for you, but only you know what you like. Hey at least you tried it, and now you don't have to wonder anymore. You say you prefer tanks, and if you don't mind the rebuilding aspect, you could always try a kayfun with your MVP. Good luck with finding your vaping sweet spot and keep us posted on how your hunt goes.

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Before the Reo squad comes in, I'm just going to get on your side and give you some support.

I don't love mine either. My primary mod is still my Provari with KFL+.

I dunno, I just don't like the incessant squonking, find it to be a PITA, especially with those tiny windows and not-so-easy-to-squonk bottles. Oh, and fingernails. I do like the form factor of the mini, though. But it's not enough to make me love it.

Keeping them for now to keep alternative flavors on hand. Might end up getting rid of the grand.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Before the Reo squad comes in, I'm just going to get on your side and give you some support.

I don't love mine either. My primary mod is still my Provari with KFL+.

I dunno, I just don't like the incessant squonking, find it to be a PITA, especially with those tiny windows and not-so-easy-to-squonk bottles. Oh, and fingernails. I do like the form factor of the mini, though. But it's not enough to make me love it.

Keeping them for now to keep alternative flavors on hand. Might end up getting rid of the grand.

OMG the nails! I felt like I was going to poke a hole in the bottle! I'm glad to know I'm not losing my mind because I just like pushing the button on my MVP and vaping! I loved the size of the mini REO and it would be awesome if they made a mini MVP! Having the REO was like dating, sometimes it's a match and sometimes you know it's not a forever kind of love! My heart just didn't flutter!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Thanks for the awesome deal on the Reo, Chili! It's my first one and I'm looking forward to loving it for a long time to come. You guys here in the NT family have welcomed me in a way I could've never imagined. I can't wait to further my NT experience with the compliments of the Reo! Chili, you rock!!

Thanks for being willing to give REO mini a good home! And I forgot to mention it likes to be rocked to sleep at night and lullabys are a must! And it especially likes a bottle filled with ACB and Wakonda! You're ready to roll when it arrives!

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Psh, 57CC, no worries! Nothing is for EVERYBODY. I mean there are bound to be at least two people on the planet that don't like REO and we just found one! :D

Different strokes and all that. Hey, you gotta be honest with yourself and use what works best for YOU right? And now you have coils and wick under your belt, many many many cool tank options available to you.

Soooo, have ya considered a Kayfun style tank yet? :D They are very NICE and tend to have wonderful flavor.

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Thanks for the awesome deal on the Reo, Chili! It's my first one and I'm looking forward to loving it for a long time to come. You guys here in the NT family have welcomed me in a way I could've never imagined. I can't wait to further my NT experience with the compliments of the Reo! Chili, you rock!!

Congrats Joe! Hope you love it like most of us :) And Chili, as others said, the best vaping device is what works best for YOU! Some people don't like the squonking. I don't mind it. My baby is just so purty, I don't take her out of the house. I have been wanting to get a beat up Provari perhaps, for out and about. Either way, we are all a loving family here! :D

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Psh, 57CC, no worries! Nothing is for EVERYBODY. I mean there are bound to be at least two people on the planet that don't like REO and we just found one! :D

Different strokes and all that. Hey, you gotta be honest with yourself and use what works best for YOU right? And now you have coils and wick under your belt, many many many cool tank options available to you.

Soooo, have ya considered a Kayfun style tank yet? :D They are very NICE and tend to have wonderful flavor.

I just got a gift certificate from my son for one of the local vape shops and I am going to look at a Kayfun tomorrow! And wow! I am special, one of two on the planet! I always wanted to be in the top five of something in my life! Also been looking at provari but I have a lot of research to do!

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
I just got a gift certificate from my son for one of the local vape shops and I am going to look at a Kayfun tomorrow! And wow! I am special, one of two on the planet! I always wanted to be in the top five of something in my life! Also been looking at provari but I have a lot of research to do!
I think you will like it, the builds are wicked easy and the flavor is great. I found about 1.6 Ohms or so to be *my* sweet spot on them. Good luck on your quest!

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS

If you prefer VV devices then a Provari is the way to go. Its basically the REO of VV devices. Theyre getting ready to release a new one sometime soon so you may want to wait. Alot of Provaris have been popping up on the classies lately because of the impending new version.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
57 chilicat I will also add that the Nautilus tank running the bvc coils could be what you are looking for-fabulous is all I can say.

With that, I have my first REO coming today and I'm excited. Got a LP Grande But, I imagine that I will still give my Provaris and Hana Modz plenty of love. I will likely have the REO as an at home rig to play around with and I'm looking forward to learning coil building. Been watching vids and have stocked up on coil building supplies.

But as the rest said-whatever works is what matters to keep us all off the stinkies! :)

PS You may like the Hana Modz if a box mod is what you like. I love mine! They were recently on sale. Just go to the Hana website and it lists the approved dealers.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Goes to show, to each their own. I love squonking and hate tanks, you love tanks and hate squonking. It doesn't at all matter so long as you use what you prefer and don't let anybody ever give ya heck for it either. The only thing that REALLY matters is to vape on and not smoke cigs. Whatever does that for you is what counts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread