Farewell to The ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
To Tropical Bob, and The Founding Members of this ONCE Diplomatic & Open Forum...I want to express my EXTREME GRATITUDE!!! I have been a Member of this Forum for close to 4 Years, & I have made incredible connections with people who have changed my life in such amazing & indescribable ways...

Unfortunately, Cultish Followings & The Undeniable presence of Commerce have closed this once fulfilling chapter of my life. There are Court Jesters posing as Wizards, & I cannot be a part of FALSE accusations which are unfounded & without direct communication. I have been targeted with pointed arrows, and have found it time to remove myself from an environment which is as Toxic as Smoking EVER was. This once was a place, where people who shared one common interest (to be free from the grips of BIG tobacco) could converse freely and help each other further enjoy the blessings of contributing to a rising REVOLUTION!

I feel it better to respond to Individual attacks & take it to this Public Forum (at least I hope this is still as such) to address accusations without calling on any particular Parties. I have indeed Traded, Given, Helped, Received and have now been SLANDERED by ORGANIZATIONS posing as Heros. I have made a life long friend/brother on this Forum from half way around the World. He too, has been subjected to the same demeaning treatment as I, & is responsible for giving this community the idea (without ANY monetary compensation mind you) of a punched Carto. in a tank idea!!! There are Contributors, and then there are Thieves...I, have a clear refection without ripple in my reflected Mirror. I have for the 1st time in four years "BROKE EVEN" with my Investments, in Items that did not live up to my expectations. I have NOT attacked, nor slandered any Vendor(s) (though I have MUCH to dispel) & have subsequently received derogatory & insulting attacks by such Individuals. If products released through promotion of this Forum are subject to discipline and scrutiny by Members, Moderators & General Public Alike, then Freedom of Speech & Free Trade should be left to the Public at Large...I have NEVER under any false pretense profited off of ANYTHING on this Forum that wasn't of FREE WILL. If a person "DESIRES" something prior to it being available, then a premium charge will be established. I was hoping a "Certain Product" would live up to it's expectations, paid $700 for those Products intended as "Gifts For High Profile Friends" & decided they were NOT up to par with my expectations. In lieu of Selling/Trading/or "Scalping" items on The ECF, I went through alternative routes to secure alternate options to protect my investment(s). Through this decision, I have been assassinated (with unfounded merit) as to "my behavior" from such previously mentioned Jesters. I myself, am waiting on Lists & if opportunity presents itself will pay a "V.I.P. Premium" to get what I want, when I want it, and have it working without FLAWS!!!...WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

So rather than RANT, again I offer my gratitude for all the good this Forum has provided & the positivity it has brought into my Life! Outside of that, I simply urge all the Newbies & Members alike to know "JUST WHAT YOU'RE SUCKING ON"!!!

All the Best, Much Love & Happy vaping - mre5674 aka Eric ;)

Last edited:

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
So rather than RANT, again I offer my gratitude for all the good this Forum has provided & the positivity it has brought into my Life! Outside of that, I simply urge all the Newbies & Members alike to know "JUST WHAT YOU'RE SUCKING ON"!!!

All the Best, Much Love & Happy Vaping - mre5674 aka Eric ;)

I hate to point this out, but you did in fact rant. You ranted in public but did not address the particular party you were ranting about, so your rant will do no good for the community because we have no idea what you're talking about.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry to hear you go. I’m sorry to hear about Anyone leaving.

The ECF has Changed. But in some ways, the ECF is just like it Always was. There are People Helping People. People with Ideas. People Socializing with Friends. And there are Assclowns.

The ECF was Smaller when I joined. But now is that the ECF has become Bigger. Much, Much Bigger.

My Father (who grew up in a Small Rural Area) told me once that if 1% of the Population are Scum Balls (Not His Exact Words) and you live in a town that has 100 people in it, then there is Only One Bad Person in your town. But if 1% are Scum Balls and you live in a City of 100,000, well then, there are a Lot of Bad People.

I see that here. More members means more Scum Balls. I don’t think the Percentage has Changed, just the Sheer Numbers. But the Good, Honest and Helpful People FAR OUTWEIGH the 1%-ers here on the ECF.

(My Little Rant)

Something that I see More and More of that I don’t like are the Paid Reviewers using U-Tube as a Platform to Shill Products for the Vendors who pay them or Shower them with Free Products. And Slam Products of Companies who don’t. Not to say that All reviewers are in someone’s Pocket. Many Aren’t and put out Subjective Reviews. It’s just a shame that we can’t go back to when All reviews were done by Members who had Nothing to gain Monetarily in the “Carto Wars”.

(End of Rant)

So like I said, Sorry to see you go. And I’m Sorry that you can’t stay to Enjoy/Benefit the 99% of the People on the ECF who are Nice, Honest People who just want to Help Others, Socialize and Share their Experiences Using e-Cigarettes.

Take Care and Best of Luck to You.

locke2121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Da South!
"He too, has been subjected to the same demeaning treatment as I, & is responsible for giving this community the idea (without ANY monetary compensation mind you) of a punched Carto. in a Tank idea!!! "

So? This is a fast-paced world! If you'll look back through some of my really old posts, you'll set a couple of pictures where I designed a tank, but with clearo innards. Some time afterwards guess what I saw? The Stone Vision tank...almost exactly as I pictured it. Did it make me angry? No...and I'll tell you why. I gave that idea freely. I told anyone who could to run with it. This is a community that comes together to make our way of life easier and more enjoyable. If you want to patent or market an idea...you don't tell people until you're ready. Once you describe something for anyone to see or read...it becomes a race to the finish line.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
To Tropical Bob, and The Founding Members of this ONCE Diplomatic & Open Forum...I want to express my EXTREME GRATITUDE!!! I have been a Member of this Forum for close to 4 Years, & I have made incredible connections with people who have changed my life in such amazing & indescribable ways...

Unfortunately, Cultish Followings & The Undeniable presence of Commerce have closed this once fulfilling chapter of my life. There are Court Jesters posing as Wizards, & I cannot be a part of FALSE accusations which are unfounded & without direct communication. I have been targeted with pointed arrows, and have found it time to remove myself from an environment which is as Toxic as Smoking EVER was. This once was a place, where people who shared one common interest (to be free from the grips of BIG TOBACCO) could converse freely and help each other further enjoy the blessings of contributing to a rising REVOLUTION!

I feel it better to respond to Individual attacks & take it to this Public Forum (at least I hope this is still as such) to address accusations without calling on any particular Parties. I have indeed Traded, Given, Helped, Received and have now been SLANDERED by ORGANIZATIONS posing as Heros. I have made a life long friend/brother on this Forum from half way around the World. He too, has been subjected to the same demeaning treatment as I, & is responsible for giving this community the idea (without ANY monetary compensation mind you) of a punched Carto. in a Tank idea!!! There are Contributors, and then there are Thieves...I, have a clear refection without ripple in my reflected Mirror. I have for the 1st time in four years "BROKE EVEN" with my Investments, in Items that did not live up to my expectations. I have NOT attacked, nor slandered any Vendor(s) (though I have MUCH to dispel) & have subsequently received derogatory & insulting attacks by such Individuals. If products released through promotion of this Forum are subject to discipline and scrutiny by Members, Moderators & General Public Alike, then Freedom of Speech & Free Trade should be left to the Public at Large...I have NEVER under any false pretense profited off of ANYTHING on this Forum that wasn't of FREE WILL. If a person "DESIRES" something prior to it being available, then a premium charge will be established. I was hoping a "Certain Product" would live up to it's expectations, paid $700 for those Products intended as "Gifts For High Profile Friends" & decided they were NOT up to par with my expectations. In lieu of Selling/Trading/or "Scalping" items on The ECF, I went through alternative routes to secure alternate options to protect my investment(s). Through this decision, I have been assassinated (with unfounded merit) as to "my behavior" from such previously mentioned Jesters. I myself, am waiting on Lists & if opportunity presents itself will pay a "V.I.P. Premium" to get what I want, when I want it, and have it working without FLAWS!!!...WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

All the Best, Much Love & Happy Vaping - mre5674 aka Eric ;)

Stanislavski?

Or The Method?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Worlds+Smallest+Violin.jpg

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
Who was that fella a rantin' away? I guess I'm a hypocrit cause I tell all newbies to read everything on this site and I don't recognize him. I don't seek positive strokes and don't do well with praise so I'm kinda lost in all that. Anywho, business is business; a bit cutthroat at times and that's why I'll never do retail work even though my motivation would be to help folks find some tasty juice and reliable equipment. Probably go down in flames huh? oh well, see ya, or maybe not since I missed ya the first time around. The ECF is one of the best things that I've ever used and it would take a serious .... whoopin' to keep me away.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Ignore the people you don't enjoy talking to and find people that you do enjoy.

+100

Like any community, there will be people who mesh and others who don't.

"I want credit for this" seems a misplaced concept on an internet forum of thousands of people, simply because it's a collaborative medium.

If you require attribution, then consider a newletter or your own website, where you can unveil ideas, as well as date and time-stamp your renderings/drawings/technical specs/text.

Otherwise, members give freely, whether in-depth technical stuff or simply welcoming or congratulating a newbie on quitting analogs.

Both are equally useful, IMHO.

I don't share anything I don't want to share, because of self-honesty. Doing other wise just causes regret and bitterness and then, swan-songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread