fast tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edlox

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
United States
I live in the U.S. & I placed an order back on Sept.12th & just yesterday (Oct.23rd) the tracking changed to "processed thru Hong Kong sort facility"...So, 6 weeks later it still has not even left China!!! The prices can be GREAT on the website but dont order something you need in the next 2 months.
+1

it's best to order and just completely forget about it until it comes....obsessing over tracking number updates is certain to drive one insane.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
While I had not ordered during the last problematic time (China Customs "crack down" and their last holiday) I have generally been pleased with FastTech. Over a dozen orders this year and just mad another one this last Friday. Shipping for me has been from 15 days to 6 days.
Many clones are there, yet they do specify if an item is the real deal (an Evod is a clone, a Kanger Evod is the real deal).

My Friday order had an item the "ships in 3 days" and yesterday was the cut off for that. They had an issue and either received bad items or the items didn't come in. So, today they shipped off everything else in the order and let me know I would have another shipment as soon as the issue was resolved.

I have had to return 1 single item to them, a Kamery eCab. I sent it to the Florida address, and was given store credit for the postage. Most items have a very good warranty through them.

They may be slow compared to many US based suppliers, but the prices are good.

stoot

Sep 21, 2013
UK
Hello
Well here's my honest view. I think it may be controversial!
I have ordered from them twice - they did not let me down. I ordered itastes v3 from them.
They send good emails confirming orders and everything is well packaged. I think it was about 3 weeks for delivery. Also no customs charges.
BUT I honestly think if you can you should try and order from UK sellers or people who are special. We have so many problems with jobs in the UK I really admire all these start-ups we have. I will try and get together a list of my recommendations in the UK later.
You do not pay that much more.

There are some companies that are not in the UK especially Kir Fanis (GT Modders) in Greece and DNV in France (who are always out of stock!!!!!!) - these are special companies because they make beautiful things that you cannot get in the UK. There are also some special companies in the UK making unique things (like my wee boby tank - wish I could remember their name _ I bought two).

I'll stop rambling!!!!!!

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Have used them many many times with no problems -- aside from shipping delays from China which are not the fault of FastTech but of the Chinese and US postal systems... On average their shipping time to me is 10 day - China to Florida, USA... Have had a couple where it's taken longer, but only a couple...

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I have ordered from then 6 times with no problems, delivery within 2 weeks (to Fl. USA) the last order however did get caught in the "shipping issues" and "holiday" times and I am still waiting on some of the items 5 weeks later. The prices are good...the customer service is GREAT and they are honest in what they sell, just make sure you know what you are buying (real or clone, some of the clones are wonderful however) and dont order Li-on batteries at this time...internal batteries like MVP's and eGos are getting past the Hong Kong blockade just fine

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I've been using FT since the start of the year and they have provided an exceptional service....... Until now. I would check out their forum to get the latest on the MANY postage issues they are having at the moment.
Definitely place an order and then forget it (for 44 days..) but don't commit too much until normal service is resumed. IMHO :unsure:

stoot

Sep 21, 2013
UK
They are cheaper, you are right (and in my experience as above reliable and professional) - but if you do get stung with UK duty (the post office charge around £16 before even adding the VAT or something like that - know I have a heart attack!) they work out the same. If you buy locally you get fast service, someone to talk to, maybe some new friends and, .. and whilst I guess this may be a secondary consideration, the knowledge that you are helping someone be employed. Just to pay someone the minimum wage to put an order together and provide customer service probably adds around £10 to the bill alone. Personally, for this and the other benefits, I'll generally order from the UK. Maybe it's just I'm sensitive about this as I was one of the many employment casualties of the global recession and I know how hard it is to get by (I started my own business manufacturing notebooks in the end ...) So yes, FT are good in my experience and cheap (if you avoid import duty) - but IMHO it's worth finding some good local businesses to spread the love :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread