Batteries removed from orders through Fasttech to Uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member and a new and enthused vapehead!!!

Started on an ego style battery which I got from VIP for an absurd price and wanted to upgrade to a MOD. Having spent most evenings involved in recon through youtube and forums I decided on a VAMO V3 to commence my move to MOD vaping.

Found fasttech (unbelievably cheap) and realised how fleeced I had been at VIP so ordered a V3 Vamo and a variety of new clearomizers/cartomizers including Kanger Pro Tank & mini, Evods and fasttechs own Protank2 and mini (just to compare). (only used ce4/ce5 previously)

I ordered some 18650 samsung batteries and a charger, however the batteries were removed from the order due to shipping regulations and in fear that my package would get delayed by Chinese Customs.

I decided to order my batteries from Vibrant Vapours and got 2 x efest 18650 2250mah High Drain Batteries for £14 including delivery. Although it is considerably more expensive than buy from fast tech I couldn't take the chance ordering more from Chinese vendors if customs are a problem.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get around it as I would like to buy some batteries in bulk but don't want to pay in blood

Last edited:

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
yes. many of us have. both on and off the forums and around the world. check here and Fasttechs own post

still better off ordering local as the only way they will ship batteries now is by slow boat/non-air. not sure about UK though. people that still try to place orders for batteries knowingly are just hindering the shipping process for everyone else.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
New member and a new and enthused vapehead!!!

Started on an ego style battery which I got from VIP for an absurd price and wanted to upgrade to a MOD. Having spent most evenings involved in recon through youtube and forums I decided on a VAMO V3 to commence my move to MOD vaping.

Found Fasttech (unbelievably cheap) and realised how fleeced I had been at VIP so ordered a V3 Vamo and a variety of new clearomizers/cartomizers including Kanger Pro Tank & mini, Evods and fasttechs own Protank2 and mini (just to compare). (only used ce4/ce5 previously)

I ordered some 18650 samsung batteries and a charger, however the batteries were removed from the order due to shipping regulations and in fear that my package would get delayed by Chinese Customs.

I decided to order my batteries from Vibrant Vapours and got 2 x efest 18650 2250mah High Drain Batteries for £14 including delivery. Although it is considerably more expensive than buy from fast tech I couldn't take the chance ordering more from Chinese vendors if customs are a problem.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get around it as I would like to buy some batteries in bulk but don't want to pay in blood

Have you looked on Amazon UK? So far I've bought most of my batteries through Amazon US, and have found their prices to be be quite fair. Also, check out the UK sub-section of this forum, or some UK-only forums (don't know what to suggest as I have no knowledge of the "good" UK-related vaping forums).

As to the battery fracas going on at Fasttech, I honestly could only suggest avoiding them for battery purchases, at least for the near future. I think it may be a while before the mess gets sorted out.

Thanks for the reply guys, my batteries arrived next day, I think I will always go for local suppliers with regards to batteries from now on.
Amazon is good but most suppliers are international even on UK site.

A mess ha ha, its a joke. I've been reading through the threads on the fast tech forum and people are going crazy! I'm not surprised, I can't wait to get some decent gear to vape with as my current setup is giving me ball ache!! Burnt taste even after cleaning and my ce4/ce5 are only lasting a few days/refills. Using some thick e liquid 50/50 and some thinner 80/20 PG/VG.

I have been waiting almost a week and my order hasn't even been register at HK post. CS advised an estimated wait time on my order of 3 - 4 weeks so will only be using fast tech for less immediate supplies

sleepygirl

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
SF Bay Area
How strange - I ordered a Vamo V3 kit, which included 2 Sony 18650 batteries, from Fastech within the last couple months. While it took weeks for them to ship the order, it did get to me quicker than a "slow boat to China" (sorry - couldn't help myself). It was sent through the U.S. Postal Service so maybe the U.K. has different regulations. Seems in "the free world" you should be able to get batteries shipped to you if you want.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thanks for the reply guys, my batteries arrived next day, I think I will always go for local suppliers with regards to batteries from now on.
Amazon is good but most suppliers are international even on UK site.

A mess ha ha, its a joke. I've been reading through the threads on the fast tech forum and people are going crazy! I'm not surprised, I can't wait to get some decent gear to vape with as my current setup is giving me ball ache!! Burnt taste even after cleaning and my ce4/ce5 are only lasting a few days/refills. Using some thick e liquid 50/50 and some thinner 80/20 PG/VG.

I have been waiting almost a week and my order hasn't even been register at HK post. CS advised an estimated wait time on my order of 3 - 4 weeks so will only be using fast tech for less immediate supplies

I wouldn't be too concerned at this point, more so because of the SNAFU that seems to be the order of the day with shipments at HKP/etc..

And if it makes you feel any better, my last shipped order "disappeared" at HKP for 9 days before it showed up again.

How strange - I ordered a Vamo V3 kit, which included 2 Sony 18650 batteries, from Fastech within the last couple months. While it took weeks for them to ship the order, it did get to me quicker than a "slow boat to China" (sorry - couldn't help myself). It was sent through the U.S. Postal Service so maybe the U.K. has different regulations. Seems in "the free world" you should be able to get batteries shipped to you if you want.

I agree, I think a lot of this is overreaction to a safety concern by authorities that know little or nothing beyond hearing that some batteries may be hazardous under certain conditions.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

It's a lot more complicated than self centered "gimme what I want!" consumerism. The whole DreamLiner, Li-On batteries used to run planes, burning and smoking and grounding planes didn't help. That, and practically every country has different import & shipping regulations (or outright bans) regarding Li-On batteries. Moving Li-On batteries around can be a very complicated matter. (Have you ever tried to comprehend just the USPS regulations regarding mailing of batteries?) FT and/or China Post got their hand slapped somewhere along the line and what should have been considered fairly normal shipping times to get stuff from China is now what most countries are finally experiencing with FT orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread