Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Can't do video's but will try to do some pictures along the way....

Gonna be a slow build as I work the project around other life stuff but here is a picture ...

20140731_150453_zps226e4541.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
What are you using to hold the switches in? Epoxy? or something else? I tried to use JBWeld on mine.. don't think I used enough and the switches pop out.. even after roughing up the aluminum on the inside..

Thanks!

The JBweld I use is the one where you mix the weld from two separate tubes and takes hours to fully set...(knocks on wood) haven't had one pop out yet...

Vap4que

Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Atlanta, ga
Retird, I have built one of these myself and used the Varitube 510 connector. My question is, can i tap the hole for the Varitube 510 since the threads are too short to reach through the case. On the last one, I had to grind out the inside of the box and it was fairly hokie. Seems it would be easier to tap the hole since it seems to be fairly close in diameter? Do you know what threads to look for on a tap?

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
retird,

You may be the person to cause me to finally place a FT order. I want a decent Al box... but I don't want a single battery Hana style one... guess I'll need to waste away a few hours on the FT web site.

[soapbox]We need a good OpenSource movement within vaping. Something with a few big name manufacturers behind it[/soapbox]

Back to your topic though... I'll be watching happily to see you build this :)

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Retird, I have built one of these myself and used the Varitube 510 connector. My question is, can i tap the hole for the Varitube 510 since the threads are too short to reach through the case. On the last one, I had to grind out the inside of the box and it was fairly hokie. Seems it would be easier to tap the hole since it seems to be fairly close in diameter? Do you know what threads to look for on a tap?

Nearly positive the varitube ones are M10 x .5

retird,

You may be the person to cause me to finally place a FT order. I want a decent Al box... but I don't want a single battery Hana style one... guess I'll need to waste away a few hours on the FT web site.

[soapbox]We need a good OpenSource movement within vaping. Something with a few big name manufacturers behind it[/soapbox]

Back to your topic though... I'll be watching happily to see you build this :)

This thread is essentially dead, believe most of the discussion moved over here (still active):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/585616-building-hana-style-mod-fasttech-enclosure-looking-tips-tricks-suggestions.html

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Nearly positive the varitube ones are M10 x .5

This thread is essentially dead, believe most of the discussion moved over here (still active):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/585616-building-hana-style-mod-fasttech-enclosure-looking-tips-tricks-suggestions.html

Yep, this thread was dormant for a while.....was doing other things....gonna complete this build as time allows.... will try to take some pic's to post along the way....hopefully will end up with a DNA40 big screen in a CANA enclosure. The only thing I'll be using in this FT CANA kit will be the enclosure and the battery holder.... The wiring, 510 connector, etc. will be not be used....

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I built two of these with the DNA40 standard screen. I put on the fat daddy 510 (threaded) and a nice fat fire button. The up/down were epoxied in but I will use bondic in the future. They are so simple it really was a 20 minute process. The inside doesn't look like Mike did it, but it vapes and I like em. getting the screen to register right was a pain and I have since ordered a few of the shapeways sleds:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2872222/dna40-cradle-v2.html?materialId=62&li=ostatus

I will be using them on some wood/brass/stainless mods I am working on. Still waiting for the brown truck to bring my the bagged lipos!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I built two of these with the DNA40 standard screen. I put on the fat daddy 510 (threaded) and a nice fat fire button. The up/down were epoxied in but I will use bondic in the future. They are so simple it really was a 20 minute process. The inside doesn't look like Mike did it, but it vapes and I like em. getting the screen to register right was a pain and I have since ordered a few of the shapeways sleds:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2872222/dna40-cradle-v2.html?materialId=62&li=ostatus

I will be using them on some wood/brass/stainless mods I am working on. Still waiting for the brown truck to bring my the bagged lipos!

Yep gonna get some bondic myself...

This looks kinda interesting... http://www.desire-ecig.com/DIY-HANNA-MODZ-BOX-CASE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread