Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have 4 orders placed and have received notice from our bank that there might be extra tariff or customs duties owed. I won't actually know until each order hits customs state side. One order has cleared customs in China and no indication China paid there tariff part so,I really would not worry until you are charged.

I still have not found any info. On vape items are in the tariff though?

• Useful
Reactions: charlie1465

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have 4 orders placed and have received notice from our bank that there might be extra tariff or customs duties owed. I won't actually know until each order hits customs state side. One order has cleared customs in China and no indication China paid there tariff part so,I really would not worry until you are charged.

I still have not found any info. On vape items are in the tariff though?
My memory is that if you’re talking about the federal tariff war between the US and China, it seems to apply to specific things, and apply to each differently. It seems to be a tit for tat thing. Tires go up so chicken feet go up, etc.. Haven’t heard about one for vape gear. Chances are your bank doesn’t know what you’re ordering so it sent out a general warning.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Tariffs would be collected on the US side (customs).
    You don't think we would trust China to sent us the $.
    t8kiteasy got a notice, but he payed through CC.
    So far I haven't read of anyone else having an issue, but who knows what's in the future?
    There has been an issue of packages being returned and resent on CN side, but I don't think it's tariff related.
    If I order anymore from China, I will order multiple small orders.

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    If I order anymore from China, I will order multiple small orders.
    That's exactly what I've been doing. A box of coils here, a box there. I ordered one vape and ordered it by itself. Now I'm waiting to see if I get it. The coils all made it fine.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Fasttech will no doubt not add tariff charge to anything. It is up to the importer to pay tariff. When individuals order, it is up to the shipper to collect the tariff.

USPS doesn't seem to bother with them at least when the customs form on the package is low value and sent via USPS, they just deliver it.

FedEx, DHL, etc...Pay the fees and collect them from receiver on small shipments and also add their own customs fee. Sometimes they collect when delivering the item or they will send you a bill for the customs clearance and tariff.

The United States Postal service for Dutiable mail is supposed to collect a $5.50 processing fee, the duty due and a $6 handling fee per package on delivery. This only applies to mail determined to require payment of duties of tariffs. So if it made it thru customs without the an orange Treasury department envelope attached and got delivered to you....You are home free on the tariff

Postal Service Process for Handling Customs Duties and Fees | USPS Office of Inspector General

712 Customs Clearance and Delivery Fee | Postal Explorer
    712.11 Collecting Postal Service Fees
    Post Office facilities must collect a Postal Service fee from the addressee for each item on which customs duty or Internal Revenue tax is collected. The Postal Service fee is authorized by international postal agreements to reimburse the Postal Service for costs it incurs clearing items through customs and collecting customs duties at the time of delivery.

712.12 Collecting Postal Service Fee for Each Package
    The Postal Service collects the fee on each package bearing CBP Form 3419ALT. When a single mail entry form covers several packages, the Postal Service collects the fee only on the package bearing CBP Form 3419ALT.

The CBP Form 3419ALT is enclosed in an orange adhesive-backed Treasury Department envelope attached to the outside wrapper or envelope. The form indicates the tariff item number, rate of duty, and amount of duty to be collected plus a customs processing fee, which is assessed on all dutiable mail shipments.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread