The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fasttech questions

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by j3000, Jun 27, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. j3000

j3000 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2012
    Michigan
    I shop alot on fasttech but when the new tax regulations went into effect, I stopped has anyone ever had a problem with the new tax codes. Costing them more money.

• Like Like x 2
  2. j3000

Aug 27, 2012
    Michigan
    Tax code I ment to say tariffs I didn't know how to spell it. Please don't laugh

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I haven't really noticed any difference in price. But I only ordered one big thing. The coils were the same price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Haven’t ordered anything in a while, so I’m not familiar but I am curious. This a state or federal thing?

• Like Like x 1
  5. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I have 4 orders placed and have received notice from our bank that there might be extra tariff or customs duties owed. I won't actually know until each order hits customs state side. One order has cleared customs in China and no indication China paid there tariff part so,I really would not worry until you are charged.

I still have not found any info. On vape items are in the tariff though?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    My memory is that if you’re talking about the federal tariff war between the US and China, it seems to apply to specific things, and apply to each differently. It seems to be a tit for tat thing. Tires go up so chicken feet go up, etc.. Haven’t heard about one for vape gear. Chances are your bank doesn’t know what you’re ordering so it sent out a general warning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    Be smart. Buy your chicken feet local.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. j3000

Aug 27, 2012
    Michigan
    Just wondering, I was thinking about doing a big order by the end of next month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    The only thing I've noticed are some mod prices seem to be higher than last year, but then again, I ordered most of mine when they were low price when they released last year. Everything else seems normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I haven't noticed any change in FT prices pre or post the trade war and everyone knows I order at least once a week from somewhere :)

I'm in France though so obviously no tarifs to pay here apart from the usual restrictions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Tariffs would be collected on the US side (customs).
    You don't think we would trust China to sent us the $.
    t8kiteasy got a notice, but he payed through CC.
    So far I haven't read of anyone else having an issue, but who knows what's in the future?
    There has been an issue of packages being returned and resent on CN side, but I don't think it's tariff related.
    If I order anymore from China, I will order multiple small orders.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    That's exactly what I've been doing. A box of coils here, a box there. I ordered one vape and ordered it by itself. Now I'm waiting to see if I get it. The coils all made it fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Fasttech will no doubt not add tariff charge to anything. It is up to the importer to pay tariff. When individuals order, it is up to the shipper to collect the tariff.

USPS doesn't seem to bother with them at least when the customs form on the package is low value and sent via USPS, they just deliver it.

FedEx, DHL, etc...Pay the fees and collect them from receiver on small shipments and also add their own customs fee. Sometimes they collect when delivering the item or they will send you a bill for the customs clearance and tariff.

The United States Postal service for Dutiable mail is supposed to collect a $5.50 processing fee, the duty due and a $6 handling fee per package on delivery. This only applies to mail determined to require payment of duties of tariffs. So if it made it thru customs without the an orange Treasury department envelope attached and got delivered to you....You are home free on the tariff

Postal Service Process for Handling Customs Duties and Fees | USPS Office of Inspector General

712 Customs Clearance and Delivery Fee | Postal Explorer
    712.11 Collecting Postal Service Fees
    Post Office facilities must collect a Postal Service fee from the addressee for each item on which customs duty or Internal Revenue tax is collected. The Postal Service fee is authorized by international postal agreements to reimburse the Postal Service for costs it incurs clearing items through customs and collecting customs duties at the time of delivery.

712.12 Collecting Postal Service Fee for Each Package
    The Postal Service collects the fee on each package bearing CBP Form 3419ALT. When a single mail entry form covers several packages, the Postal Service collects the fee only on the package bearing CBP Form 3419ALT.

The CBP Form 3419ALT is enclosed in an orange adhesive-backed Treasury Department envelope attached to the outside wrapper or envelope. The form indicates the tariff item number, rate of duty, and amount of duty to be collected plus a customs processing fee, which is assessed on all dutiable mail shipments.

• Informative Informative x 3