• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Vamo Order - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey y'all,

I finally decided to pick up a Vamo from fasttech... But I am a bit lost. A few questions if anyone can help me:
1) What are the differences between the Vamo 5-in-1, Vamo 6-in-1, and Vamo V3 6-in-1 options?
2) What is the difference between nitecore and trustfire?
3) Will this work with my EVODs or do I need an adapater?

Thanks!

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
If you are getting the Vamo from FT.. I suggest the SKU 1395801 (put the sku number in the Search All field) (V3, Stainless, Nitecore charger and panny batteriers). The V2 is great also using SKU 1359402 (same as V3, only a V2).
Nitecore is a better charger than the Trustfire.. simple..
Evods will work, you should not need an adapter, BUT, it is always a good Idea to have a few around. SKU 1284600

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Works with Evods, get the set with the Panasonic batteries and nitecore charger.
V3 is latest version. The one just labelled Vamo is the V2 both use the same chipset, I think the difference is appearance.
With FT 5 in 1 is a set that contains 5 bits; 6 in 1 has 6 bits etc. just compare both on the website to see what the extra piece in the set is.

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
1) Vamo V3 is the latest version. 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 indicate the parts or accessories that come with it.
2) Nitecore refers to the included battery charger. Some would say it's better quality charnger than the basic.
3) EVODs will only fit on a Vamo V3, You would need to pickup adaptors for older Vamos to work.

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
This isn't true anymore. The revised V2 (which is the one Fasttech sell) can take an EVOD, T3 / MT3 etc now.

I stand corrected!

I picked the Stainless Steel, V3 5-in-1 with the cheap charger, because I wanted 2x 18350s. but I guess the 2x18650s was better deal and I could have picked up 18350s after the fact. Oh well, hindsight...

chrisbru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you are getting the Vamo from FT.. I suggest the SKU 1395801 (put the sku number in the Search All field) (V3, Stainless, Nitecore charger and panny batteriers). The V2 is great also using SKU 1359402 (same as V3, only a V2).
Evods will work, you should not need an adapter, BUT, it is always a good Idea to have a few around. SKU 1284600

Thanks for the help everyone. So if I want a black one, with 18650 batteries, hate the V3 design, and don't need an atty..., Is this the correct sku? Would this be considered the V2?

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
I would still recommend getting a V3. With all the updates It has compared to the V2, I find it hard to hate the V3 based on the fact it has swirl patterns. The reason they added the swirls was to increase grip as people did complain that the Vamo/Vamo V2 slipped out of their hands, it was too slippery. *Shrugs* never owned one. But with the OLED screen (a much better looking screen) and removable top ring (V2 can't remove the top ring) it would be a hard sell getting me to buy a V2. Heck if it was $20 bucks like my eGo batteries then perhaps!

Well that's just opinion. -- But yes I guess that's the SKU you would want for a V2, Black with 18650s and a better charger.

Radargh

Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
MV,IN,US

I agree fully, I got the V2 in this package myself. Now I want the SS v3 :)

chrisbru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just be aware that there are reports that the finish on the black one rubs / wears off in just a few weeks. Because of this I previously ordered the stainless that Supplydaddy linked to in his post.

I hadn't heard this, thanks! I'll go ahead and get the stainless one then. And I think you've talked me into a V3 too, everyone. That went from $43 to $58 really quickly :p

chrisbru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
LOL, yes but you're getting good batteries, a good quality charger and a V3 in stainless. I think you'll be very happy with the purchase.

Now this is where fasttech become slow-tech while you wait...

:D Luckily I have enough gear that I'm not really waiting on it. I already enjoy my experience. So, for the time being, I'm still happy... Until I get something better, then I'll never go back!

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
Now this is where fasttech become slow-tech while you wait...

My V3 which I ordered a week ago still only says "INFORMATION RECEIVED" on the Singapore Post tracking page, which usually means they've bought the shipping label online but haven't dropped it at the post office yet... I hope it's just poor tracking updates, and not actually sitting at the FastTech warehouse still..

Interesting, they actually take a picture of the package. Though it's almost too blurry to make out the text on the label.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Yeah, I always cancel my orders before they are shipped. I will find something that I want more and decide to spend $100 elsewhere! Anyways it would being kinda good. My first Vamo arrived DOA, so I got a new one much quicker than if I had to send it back to China!

The address for US returns is Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread