FatDaddy BF Attachment Kit and BF Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

OthatGuy

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Westcoast
I agree, I can't believe there isn't a well done 510 connector. - I soldiered a brass bar onto the bottom of the 510 pin then drilled a hole in it and fed a 17.5ga, I believe, needle up thru it on another feeder I made. Works great.

Fd told me that I couldn't put the hollow bf pins in the v3 and then use his bf needle kit. So I'm using a hollow "vented" screw on my new one, it seems to work for a bunch of others.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I agree, I can't believe there isn't a well done 510 connector. - I soldiered a brass bar onto the bottom of the 510 pin then drilled a hole in it and fed a 17.5ga, I believe, needle up thru it on another feeder I made. Works great.

Fd told me that I couldn't put the hollow bf pins in the v3 and then use his bf needle kit. So I'm using a hollow "vented" screw on my new one, it seems to work for a bunch of others.

Yep, using the FD feeder needle AS the pin works great.

OthatGuy

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Westcoast
yes wire will be attached directly to the needle, needle gives power directly to the atty. yeah the silicone holds the head of the needle up, then the seat pressure will be pretty high with an atty fully seated so it will make a good connection no problem and no way it could leak, the silicone won't leak like this even before it is compressed with an atty attached, once the atty is tightened then it'll be even more compressed, probably hold +100 psi without leaking with an atty screwed down onto it :)

silicone is much more heat resistant than the delrin even, won't be an issue with heat

heres a cross section of what I did and the alternative that doesn't require drilling

20141007_183128_zps935e0bdc.jpg
That's a what I thought about the needle replacing the pin but I couldn't get him to confirm that.... Thanks!

caveat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
United States
well I came up with a way to make these 510 connectors work great. I came up with a few different alternatives but the best one required me to drill out the plastic insulator to 3/16". was easy to do little by little with the drill bit by hand with no drill, I then inserted a 3/16" OD silicone hose into the barrel of the plastic insulator bottomed to the bottom stop. this silicone bushing is all that's needed, get the length right and just slip the needle in. the silicone has enough give that it allows the head of the needle to sit high enough to contact an atty before it is fully seated and allow the needle to compress and let any atty sit flush and absorb any discrepancies in length from different atties.

the silicone bushing is substantial and there is no chance of leaking as it's a snug enough fit to the outer wall of the insulator drilled to 3/16" and the 1/16" ID is perfect for the needle to slide through with just enough resistance that it can move yet is fully sealed too. I lubed it with vg as I assembled it and it works perfect, should be perfect and durable

I had this hose because this is the hose I use in all my bottom feeder builds as my feed tubes, it's also great to make soft insulators from. what I did was make the main silicone insert be slightly shorter than protruding from the top of the plastic insulator and then cut another small ring to use on the needle to bring it to final length... this allows me to insert the needle and check final adjustment that I can fine tune by simply removing the ring and making the final ring fatter or thinner until i get the right thickness that it works on several atties. once you trim it right it should work on all of your atties

heres a few pics

20141006_214535_zps57bddccc.jpg

20141006_214624_zps64c66550.jpg

this is approx how high the final results will be, actually it's slightly less than this but to fine tune the length to perfect without having to keep removing and installing the main insert of this tube I cut it short of this and then add a ring that can be fine tuned easily as it will just slip in and out easily with the needle

20141006_214721_zps9d9a0404.jpg

cut short of the top so it has room to give for the separate adjusting ring

20141006_220333_zps98ff3ac3.jpg

this is the size ring that works for me with the main insert cut as shown above

20141006_220410_zps46b34eae.jpg

this thing will now make great contact with all my atties yet still let all my atties sit completely flush too and def no chance of leaks

this is the hose I used... this is enough to do well over 100 of these but it is good to have as feed tube hose and for insulators and stuff too. I use this hose all the time for insulating as well as feeding

White SiliconeTubing, 1/16"ID, 3/16"OD, 1/16" Wall, 10' Length: Industrial Rubber Tubing: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
That's using the needles from fatdaddy or did you find some elsewhere?

OthatGuy

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Westcoast
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Evading forum filters

TyCreek

Another Vaper
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Treasure Valley
Personally I've had nothing but good luck with FD orders and parts! He sticks his neck out to supply mod'ers with parts they ask for. He provides a parts platform to work with that's much better than ... well ... any place I've seen. He gets them and offers them for sale at decent prices. Shoot, I like the service he provides and hope he can continue improving combinations that we can all contribute to with constructive suggestions and solutions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread