Favorite Halo Flavour(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Thought id copy and paste my post from last nite in the contest thread for others to view here.

Hmmm sat down and re-visited the sampler pack + the southern classic tonite. And for not wanting to like tobacco flavors, i have to say im impressed. So i wanted to give a little better review of them for those that are wondering. The kid likes most of these too but his favorite is Torque56. I knew it would be. Ive already bought him a big bottle cuz he burned through the sampler.

Now everyones palette is different so please dont take this as the end all beat all of reviews. Always try things for yourself if you are curious. What i love, others may hate and vice versa!!

1. Turkish TOB
Very subtle across the board which i really like. Smooth, medium throat hit with a sweet flavor that i cant put my finger on.

2. Tribeca
I definitely taste the vanilla and caramel on the exhale. Good tobacco flavor, not potent. "creamy" if that makes sense.

3. Voodoo
Sweet, Sweet, Sweet. The plum is much more prominent now. Undertones of the black currants on the exhale. Not so much the grape though. And some vanilla in there but ever so slight. I like it with a good red wine.

4. Midnight Apple
Still cant get behind it. Too perfumy still for my liking. its been a couple weeks and its subsided some. I maybe biased since double apple is my all day all nite juice of choice but im just not liking it. menthol aftertaste maybe part of it. i dunno.

5. Longhorn
Tobacco, flavorful to the point of a mild cigar. Would be good after a steak and some wine or a good stout beer. I didnt like this first time around but i do now.

6. Torque56
Closest to a marlboro ive found(although i havent looked much ) Good tobacco hit to the throat and good flavor on exhale.

7. Prime15
Prime was not as potent as Torque, had some citrus undertones in my opinion which i kind of liked, the kid didnt.

At last but not least
8. Southern Classic
Im gonna let this one steep another week or 2 and come back to it. It tasted like a more stronger cigar with a flavor or 2 i couldnt put my finger on. I want to say southern comfort whisky but im not sure. So back in the steep cabinet it goes. Ill revisit it later.

I hope this helps some of yall lookin for good tobacco flavors cuz Halo definitely has them!!!

Thanks again Halo and Cinder for the great prize package. You guys rock and you will continue to have my business. FYI the kid loves vaping Torque and hasnt had a cig in a couple weeks!!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Not to be mean, but Im a newbie and with my starter, I bought the sampler pack and was really disappointed. Everything kinda tasted like burnt, nutty undertone on exhale. I can tolerate the voodoo, and was switching malibu and kringle for all day. The coffees , shamrock, and the prefilled i got (prime) make me gag.. not what I expected. When I switched from halo flavors, my vape mouth subsidded too! Maybe its their blnd, or my newbie tastebuds! But, I discovered I like sweet better!

Melis, I was the same as you when I first tried Cafe Mocha. I almost threw my entire Triton/eliquids away it was so bad!!!!! I got the advise, on here, to shake the sample bottle and the take the cap off and let it sit open (steep) for about 24-48 hours. Periodically, putting the cap back on and shaking it again. The difference in smell AND taste was day and night!!!!!!!!

Also not sure what PV you use, but I also on a new tank/coil tried 3-5 quick puffs, like smoking a cigar, to get the juice flowing and wicks wet. Sometimes with new wicks, if they are too dry, you will taste burnt or a foul taste. Not sure if "priming" a PV is normal but it worked for me. Midnight Apple is my addiction which is so shocking to me since I usually don't like fruit flavors or apples. Both it's super smooth taste to me! Everyone is different tho!

My husband and I both really like the Sub-Zero with a little Kringles Curse mixed in. Personally I like a little sweetener with mine.

We have received several of the sample bottles of the Southern Classic, going to have to trade those off...blech. Wish they would let you pick your free sample.

The Shamrock, I wouldn't even trade with someone, made my stomach lurch to even clean out the mini tank. Tried twice, first time I tried in a blank carto, 3 weeks later in a tank. Horrid.

kittybite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Portland, OR
I like to alternate between Turkish and Prime 15 for my ADV. To mix it up, my go to is Malibu. The others I sample when the mood strikes are Torque 56 and Southern Classic, with the occasional puff on Belgian Cocoa. Next order I'm going to get another sample of Tribeca to revisit (after a disappointing foray into another vendor's juices). My partner lives on Prime 15 and Belgian Cocoa :)

PS, tried Freedom and it was way too cig-like for my taste, but that's just me!

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
for my "tobacco" fix, Tribecca.

for my flavored needs: Kringle's Curse. Seriously, how is something so delicious when there's no bacon or pie in it? The two most awesomest things evar. trufax.

I should have some Prime15 on the way, looking forward to that. just tried Blegian Cocao, and it is surprisingly good, barring a future discovery, i'm thinking it will be my go to when i need a choco-fix.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm newer and picky with flavors I have found out by trial and lots of errors. Halo has so far been my favorite juices and in the Halo line up, my favorites:
1) Torque 56
2) Midnight Apple-this one shocked me. I don't like fruit or apple but love this stuff!!!!!
3) Tribeca

Wow just read my favs from last month. Taste buds are coming back because I don't care for Tribeca at all now.

1.)VOODOO
2.)Prime and Prime mixed w/Fusion
3) Midnight Apple

Brian_Clouser

Aug 21, 2013
Chicago
I have 3 halo juices freedom ,longhorn and southern classic.

Freedom and longhorn hate them both taste like a cigar mixed with potpourri.

Southern stinks smells like feet. I've had this one sitting for 2 weeks with the cap off. Probably just throw it away.

I'm hoping I'll find a halo favorite soon .

The halo gear is great . I'm done in my search for the perfect ecig for me and the upgrade from V2 cigs is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I have 3 halo juices freedom ,longhorn and southern classic.

Freedom and longhorn hate them both taste like a cigar mixed with potpourri.

Southern stinks smells like feet. I've had this one sitting for 2 weeks with the cap off. Probably just throw it away.

I'm hoping I'll find a halo favorite soon .

The halo gear is great . I'm done in my search for the perfect ecig for me and the upgrade from V2 cigs is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

But what do you really think? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread