Favorite Halo Flavour(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I have 3 halo juices freedom ,longhorn and southern classic.

Freedom and longhorn hate them both taste like a cigar mixed with potpourri.

Southern stinks smells like feet. I've had this one sitting for 2 weeks with the cap off. Probably just throw it away.

I'm hoping I'll find a halo favorite soon .

The halo gear is great . I'm done in my search for the perfect ecig for me and the upgrade from V2 cigs is amazing.

Do you use the Triton or the G6 for those flavors? I'm just curious, because for what it's worth, I find that the tobacco-like flavors work much better in cartos than they do in tanks; the flavor's too strong for me when I use a tank.

That said, Turkish is by far the most consistently pleasant flavor I've found overall; it works as a tobacco-replacement sort of flavor out of a carto, and it works as a mild toffeeish/amaretto flavor out of a tank. To me, Turkish doesn't taste like tobacco out of the tank; it's better than that.

The closest I've found to a mild-tobacco flavor out of the tank is Torque56. I doubt I could vape it all day, though. Tastes will vary.

Anyway, I'm glad you like your gear. Hopefully you'll find your all-day-vape flavor soon, whether at Halo or elsewhere. Based on my reading of ECF, you're not the only one who's had trouble with that initial search.

(NB - All of the juices I've sampled so far have been @ 24mg of nicotine. Can't say how I'd feel about any particular juice at lower strength.)

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I have 3 halo juices freedom ,longhorn and southern classic.

Freedom and longhorn hate them both taste like a cigar mixed with potpourri.

Southern stinks smells like feet. I've had this one sitting for 2 weeks with the cap off. Probably just throw it away.

I'm hoping I'll find a halo favorite soon .

The halo gear is great . I'm done in my search for the perfect ecig for me and the upgrade from V2 cigs is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Sounds like you and I have the same kind of "taste profile". Southern Classic's smell alone turned me off. I steeped it for over 3 weeks and still no success. I'm like you..I'm not going to vape anything I don't like the smell of. Longhorn was slightly better, but still no dice for me. Same with Turkish and Tribeca..something about certain sweet tobaccos i cant stand. Maybe the Carmel flavoring smells/tastes weird to me..not sure. Never bought Freedom. Like what was mentioned, try the Halo swap in this forum and maybe someone wants to try what you have. In the EFC forum, there is the PIF section to swap and you can try there too.

If you want a straight out, no fluff tobacco, Torque is it. Has lots of TH too and great for nic fits. If you want a smoother, ADV tobacco, go Prime. It is smooth as silk. I taste a small nut flavor on exhale but I guess it's suppose to be cocoa?? I don't know or care, I love it.

I HIGHLY recommend to try Voodoo, unless you hate cinnamon. That juice is just awesome. Also, if you want a vape to take a break from all flavors, get some Fusion from Halo. It's non flavored and kind of cleanses the palate. I actually at times do Fusion with like 4-5 drops of Prime and that too is in my ADV rotation. Fusion gives off more vapor..it's kinda fun ;)

Seriously don't give up on Halo juices, they are some of the best! Tobacco in general is hard to find good flavors but Torque and Prime got me off of analogs!! Good luck!

Last edited:

Brian_Clouser

Aug 21, 2013
Chicago
Do you use the Triton or the G6 for those flavors? I'm just curious, because for what it's worth, I find that the tobacco-like flavors work much better in cartos than they do in tanks; the flavor's too strong for me when I use a tank.

That said, Turkish is by far the most consistently pleasant flavor I've found overall; it works as a tobacco-replacement sort of flavor out of a carto, and it works as a mild toffeeish/amaretto flavor out of a tank. To me, Turkish doesn't taste like tobacco out of the tank; it's better than that.

The closest I've found to a mild-tobacco flavor out of the tank is Torque56. I doubt I could vape it all day, though. Tastes will vary.

Anyway, I'm glad you like your gear. Hopefully you'll find your all-day-vape flavor soon, whether at Halo or elsewhere. Based on my reading of ECF, you're not the only one who's had trouble with that initial search.

(NB - All of the juices I've sampled so far have been @ 24mg of nicotine. Can't say how I'd feel about any particular juice at lower strength.)

I do have a reg flavor . Just trying to find a halo flavor that I like and can order At the same time I buy gear.

Last edited:

Brian_Clouser

Aug 21, 2013
Chicago
Sounds like you and I have the same kind of "taste profile". Southern Classic's smell alone turned me off. I steeped it for over 3 weeks and still no success. I'm like you..I'm not going to vape anything I don't like the smell of. Longhorn was slightly better, but still no dice for me. Same with Turkish and Tribeca..something about certain sweet tobaccos i cant stand. Maybe the Carmel flavoring smells/tastes weird to me..not sure. Never bought Freedom. Like what was mentioned, try the Halo swap in this forum and maybe someone wants to try what you have. In the EFC forum, there is the PIF section to swap and you can try there too.

If you want a straight out, no fluff tobacco, Torque is it. Has lots of TH too and great for nic fits. If you want a smoother, ADV tobacco, go Prime. It is smooth as silk. I taste a small nut flavor on exhale but I guess it's suppose to be cocoa?? I don't know or care, I love it.

I HIGHLY recommend to try Voodoo, unless you hate cinnamon. That juice is just awesome. Also, if you want a vape to take a break from all flavors, get some Fusion from Halo. It's non flavored and kind of cleanses the palate. I actually at times do Fusion with like 4-5 drops of Prime and that too is in my ADV rotation. Fusion gives off more vapor..it's kinda fun ;)

Seriously don't give up on Halo juices, they are some of the best! Tobacco in general is hard to find good flavors but Torque and Prime got me off of analogs!! Good luck!

I'll have to try torque and prime. I placed and order on Sunday for tribeca along with a triton tank to go with it.
I'll post when it arrives my take on the flavor.

I have a regular vape. It's just not a halo brand it's Johnsoncreek. I was just looking for a halo juice that I like so when I buy extra tanks or batts I can order juice at the same time.

Not a fan of cinnamon so I guess voodoo is out.

I might try coolmist . I like being able to switch between tobacco and a light menthol flavor. I'm not into any gourmet flavors either.

I just don't like accumulating a ton of different bottles laying around half full. It makes me feel like a junky

Thanks for the advice.

Imprint

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Icy Tower, USA
I can't put down Twisted Java lately.
For the past week, at least (maybe more? two weeks? it's all a blur?), and until today, I have been unable to vape anything else.
I'm forcing myself to vape something different at the moment, Tribeca, which is also tasting great (none of my other favs have tempted me away).
But secretly I can't -wait- to use Twisted again.
I have a metric puckton of Halo 30s, and I'm feeling panicked because the Twisted is already half empty and it's only been one or two, possibly even three weeks of obsessive favoritism.

pulp

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
Nice. It's in the mail.

chesty said:

I don't know how Halo does it.... but my juice gets across the border, to me (Carp, Ottawa-west) within 4-5 days max. Voodoo for Xmas!!! :vapor:

2cypno7.jpg

:matrix:

Last edited:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I don't know how Halo does it.... but my juice gets across the border, to me (Carp, Ottawa-west) within 4-5 days max. Voodoo for Xmas!!! :vapor:

:matrix:

I don't know either: I though Canada customs was pretty thorough in intercepting nicotine products, since their import is banned.

Not a lot of vendors know how to ship to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread