• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Favourite set up at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Ontario
Try using SS rope,mesh is out,except i use mesh as a sleeve at the top of the rope for easy wrapping.

Are you saying that you use the SS rope instead of the mesh? That's interesting. I need to look into that for sure. So the rope acts as the wick and you wrap kanthal around the rope? I'll look it up on Youtube but figured I'd ask just to clarify for the thread's sake.

rems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Ontario
Agree with most for the mech and a genesis as being the best experience, my setup for that is a MKB-TS (GGTS clone) with an aga-t2+ twisted 32g kanthal to reach 0.9ohms. using 270 ss mesh.

I saw that people were using a bigger gauge than 32 of kanthal in order to wrap sub-ohm coils. What kind of wrap did you do with the 32 to accomplish the 0.9 ohm coil? I have lots of 32 gauge left and thought I had to order some 27 but now maybe not.

Funny,

The first thing I said when considering buying a PV was "How Is This Going To Work With Fishing?".
Than I discovered lanyards and was sold...... Not cause I wanted to quit smoking but, because I could use it while fishing!
:p

Yes, the twists are nice for their form factor and simplicity. I recently purchased a lanyard so that I can where around my neck when fishing.

mise

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
BC, Canada
I'm rocking a Provari v2.5 w/ AGT-T2 ss mesh @ 1.5 ohms. Its great, awesome flavour, huge clouds. I've been wanting to try ss rope but I haven't gotten around to finding any yet. Not in any rush though as you know the saying, if it ain't broke......

Alternatively, I use a Kanger Protank when I want a change and its been pretty good to me. A lot more "airy" though but quite a few people swear by it. Not a big fan of the permanent drip tip but I hear the Protank II changes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread