FDA comment for banning flavors expires in 6 days, please put in your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangerine3

Jul 20, 2013
lutz, fl
You have the opportunity to submit a comment on why you think banning flavors is harmful, against your rights or however you think. The link is here: Regulations.gov click on the blue button on the right.

It looks like there are over 309,000 comments already! Of course I don't how many might be from people wanting to ban flavors :(

Here is what I wrote:

Banning flavors in adult vaping products is ridiculous. Adults have a right to have access to flavored e liquid just like there are choices for flavors in other public products. A better stance would be to make fair regulations that would prohibit e liquid manufactures from using certain child like product packaging, like you are already doing, and that is as far as it should go. But again adults should have the right to be able to choose flavors if that certainly helps them to stay of cigarettes. I for one would not like vaping with only a tobacco flavored vapor product. Since I and millions of others have not had a real cigarette in over 10 years this is a terrific advancement for all; why try to hinder that?
There are many e liquid manufacturers that do have their product packaging for flavors geared for adults in a tasteful way and not child like I advise you to research some and take advice from them.
The American Cancer Society is now stating that they will provide smokers and the public with clear and accurate information regarding vaping products and the FDA should as well. https://vapenews.com/…/acs-doubles-down-on-support-for-va…/…
I for one think that all vaping products should be taken out of the smoking act since vaping is not smoking! It gives the general public the wrong perception.
It is time to stop this ridiculous war on vaping. Adults have the right to have access to a healthier way of living, by banning flavors you are taking away that right.

I hope you take the time to let your voice be heard.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man, I went to that site and was poking around and saw a lot of "comments not accepted." Are they excluding some, or are they going to accept all comments at the end of the time period, do you know?

Because, I am fairly certain that if my comment is made but they're cherry picking, it wouldn't be worth my time.

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Man, I went to that site and was poking around and saw a lot of "comments not accepted." Are they excluding some, or are they going to accept all comments at the end of the time period, do you know?

Because, I am fairly certain that if my comment is made but they're cherry picking, it wouldn't be worth my time.

Anna

That's the flavor survey we filled out already.

The Flavor Survey itself was a "Comment" on the ANPRM.

Individuals can comment too, but it's not just a regular comment section in a news article. I don't doubt if people are treating it as such that some comments won't be accepted.

tangerine3

Jul 20, 2013
lutz, fl
link click on blue button to the right.
Regulations.gov

why some comments might not be accepted.

* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am a newbie but I don’t see how they can ban flavors since they are used in food products. I can see how they could do it in premixed juices. I am trying to stock up on nicotine since I see them banning that. I plan to diy.

The FDA isn't considering Banning the sale of Food Flavorings.

They are considering Banning the sale of Flavored e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Right, I am pretty sure flavorings will be available due to foods etc. They will a) need to be a process developed to figure out which ones are safe and how to convert them to safe vaping flavors, so I would still get some flavors while you can (I am optimistically hoping for a 2 years shelf life, if not more on the ones I have, guess we'll see).

Also, AZ seems to have "licensing" for everything, I wouldn't be shocked if there was some sort of "food handler's" license to obtain them, quite honestly. If not more. I haven't tried to buy baking flavors yet so I don't really know. I think it's true for many states nowadays.

I am always up for questions.... Unless it's from a cop. LOL. :D

Anna

tangerine3

Jul 20, 2013
lutz, fl
Even if you are a do it yourselfer you should be opposing this ridiculous rule it is just the right thing to do. Not everybody can do it themselves. Like me I do not have the time and even when I did try I could never get the e liquid flavor as good as how they do premixed. Don't lay down and let them walk all over us!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think anyone is saying that. I still advocate for vapers to come, or those that can't DIY.

I'm merely saying what *I* did, and DIY was certainly not easy at first, although I really set myself up for success by doing a lot of research. I understand that not anyone can DIY and there are smokers still to come who MAY want to switch to vaping (if it's available).

Stocking up and advocacy are two completely different things. I just don't see grassroots advocacy working that well against the combined power of the political system, but I still DO it.

And you might be shocked. I mix once a month and it takes about 4 hours, including planning my mixes, although I did dedicate more time at the start, by starting with single flavors.

I mix to my palate, and I don't believe that I could "ever" be "worse" at it than commercial outfits. I can mix to MY palate.

IDK about the time/cost factor, but the way I SEE it, is I can save my dollars now, or I could use them to make DIY work for me (which I did) and then set myself on a rapid plan.

Dying of COPD is very expensive, and I doubt I would have much energy OR time if I'd allowed myself to progress much further.

The choice, as always is yours. :)

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Even if you are a do it yourselfer you should be opposing this ridiculous rule it is just the right thing to do. Not everybody can do it themselves. Like me I do not have the time and even when I did try I could never get the e liquid flavor as good as how they do premixed. Don't lay down and let them walk all over us!

I diy and I commented. I didn’t start vaping in home made juice, I started with commercial juice like everyone else. Just because this doesn’t affect me, personally now does not mean I don’t care.

Nezrend

Jun 2, 2012
Stl, MO
Looks like today is the last day. Please consider commenting if you've not done so already ...

You may submit comments as follows. Please note that late, untimely filed comments will not be considered. Electronic comments must be submitted on or before June 19, 2018. The Regulations.govelectronic filing system will accept comments until midnight Eastern Time at the end of June 19, 2018. Comments received by mail/hand delivery/courier (for written/paper submissions) will be considered timely if they are postmarked or the delivery service acceptance receipt is on or before that date.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread