FDA makes there move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Musktrz

Mar 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
The only funny thing to me in all this fox news article is when the claim that NO scientific evidence proves that e-cigs can help to stop or to smoke less analogs. They just need to spend a day in a vape shop talking to hundreds of citizens on how their cigarette addiction is since they're vaping. I work in a vape shop and the "facts" are in my face. It's a 100% clear to me that they are effective to quit smoking. I know that it's no scientific evidence but surely a social evidence.

Antoine.

TyrannyUnleashed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Mid-South
Seriously...

Fox News is what your comments are on with this story?

Fox is not the FDA, nor did they have a hand in any decisions. they just put out an article on a subject. They like all other media sources got the story from somewhere else and added their bits to it to make it their own.

The real problem is that you (supid voters) keep electing the same asshats as your elected officials year after year. :( Just keep telling yourself that your guy (State and Federal) in power is good, while all the others are the problem.

Everyone of us could change the way this country has been basterdized by voting every current elected official out of office at all levels of government. Why will it never happen, you ask... Because you are to lazy to learn about other people trying to run for elected positions, and your guy has all the money and a name recognition.

But that's okay. Keep blaming all your problems on Fox News and other people's politicians. Your guy is just swell. ;)

***Side note***
Oh and take a look at the states that are trying to ban or restrict ecigs....Most (not all) of them are blue or purple. what does that tell us...But my guy is good and honest, right?!?!

LarryDb

Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
United States
. They just need to spend a day in a vape shop talking to hundreds of citizens on how their cigarette addiction is since they're vaping. I work in a vape shop and the "facts" are in my face. It's a 100% clear to me that they are effective to quit smoking. I know that it's no scientific evidence but surely a social evidence.

Antoine.
yep i smoked 2-3 packs a day for 45 year tried all the other "aids" to quit no luck, I vaped 10 days before elimating analog cigs. It has been 54 days since i could say "no I don't smoke"!

Gators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Virginia, USA
Fox is not the FDA, nor did they have a hand in any decisions. they just put out an article on a subject. They like all other media sources got the story from somewhere else and added their bits to it to make it their own.

This would have been more than sufficient.

3Musktrz

Mar 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Hmmmm ... when did this become a thread about politics ... ? Especially considering the fact that I live in canada. I'm really unwilling to start an argument on politics of a country that is not mine. But saying people are dumb for voting for the person they think suits their ways to think isn't a democratic way to think IMO. And I would like to say that I did not attack Fox News. Only said it was kinda funny.

Have a great day and keep on vaping.

Antoine.

Seriously...

The real problem is that you (supid voters) keep electing the same asshats as your elected officials year after year. :( Just keep telling yourself that your guy (State and Federal) in power is good, while all the others are the problem.

Everyone of us could change the way this country has been basterdized by voting every current elected official out of office at all levels of government. Why will it never happen, you ask... Because you are to lazy to learn about other people trying to run for elected positions, and your guy has all the money and a name recognition.

But that's okay. Keep blaming all your problems on Fox News and other people's politicians. Your guy is just swell. ;)

***Side note***
Oh and take a look at the states that are trying to ban or restrict ecigs....Most (not all) of them are blue or purple. what does that tell us...But my guy is good and honest, right?!?!

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
It's easy to comment on something they really don't know that much about. Typical FOX news. We all are in the know who have quit smoking analogs because of ecigs. Let FOX news let a journalist who quit smoking via vaping and then I'll read that lol.

WRONG. I started vaping after seeing THREE extremely positive reports on the benefits of vaping... on Fox News. Fox seems to be the only news outlet covering this movement in a positive way. They even vape on the air!

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Queens, New York, United States
WRONG. I started vaping after seeing THREE extremely positive reports on the benefits of vaping... on Fox News. Fox seems to be the only news outlet covering this movement in a positive way. They even vape on the air!

Yea, you're probably right when it comes to vaping. I just hate all news media equally.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Yea, you're probably right when it comes to vaping. I just hate all news media equally.

Can't argue with that. Still, it's good to have at least one news outlet that advocates for vaping. Fox actually does that. I've seen about 6 reports where they do just that and actually vape on the broadcast right in the studio. It's pretty surprising. This government report is troubling but we all knew it was coming. Sucks.

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Queens, New York, United States
Can't argue with that. Still, it's good to have at least one news outlet that advocates for vaping. Fox actually does that. I've seen about 6 reports where they do just that and really vape on the broadcast right in the studio. It's pretty surprising.

It's great to have something positive in the media about vaping. Most of what I have seen is pretty much negative or undecided. A couple were so left field I literally thought "Who the F wrote this and they can't be serious can they LOL?"

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
It's great to have something positive in the media about vaping. Most of what I have seen is pretty much negative or undecided. A couple were so left field I literally thought "Who the F wrote this and they can't be serious can they LOL?"

Not having, any, some, partial, or incorrect facts never dissuaded any news agency from creating a "story". The same is true for legislators creating legislatiion.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I have to say, it could've been a whole lot worse. Warning labels, ingredient disclosure, company registration, and 2 full years to comply while the FDA investigates the risks and benefits... that's just about as good a way that this could have gone down. Hopefully the states don't ban vaping on their own.

Edit: Fox is about to report on this. I'll watch and see if they bash vaping or just report on the new regulations.

Edit 2: I thought it was interesting that instead of having an interview with an anti-ecig advocate on to respond to this they had an ecig shop owner on who made the point that ecigs vendors should be allowed to advertise on the health benefits of e-liquids having a lot less chemicals than tobacco. I personally think it's more responsible to wait until research proves or disproves possible health benefits one way or another. In the meantime the government needs to let consumers decide for themselves if vaping is right for them or not.

Last edited:

OBF_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have to say, it could've been a whole lot worse. Warning labels, ingredient disclosure, company registration, and 2 full years to comply while the FDA investigates the risks and benefits... that's just about as good a way that this could have gone down. Hopefully the states don't ban vaping on their own.

Edit: Fox is about to report on this. I'll watch and see if they bash vaping or just report on the new regulations.

Edit 2: I thought it was interesting that instead of having an interview with an anti ecig advocate on to respond on this they had an ecig shop owner on who made the point that ecigs should be allowed to advertise on the health benefits of e-liquids having a lot less chemicals than tobacco. I personally think it's more responsible to wait until research proves or disproves possible health benefits one way or another. In the meantime the government needs to let consumers decide for themselves if vaping is right for them or not.

Edit: CorallineAlgae This opening line isn't aimed at you in any way.

First of all every news outlet is running the same exact story so the source of the animosity towards any "news outlet" is misguided. Greg Gutfeld (of Fox) has been more vocal than anyone on TV about the fact that the Govt should stay away from vaping restrictions.

Gutfeld: The stupidity of banning e-cigarettes| Latest News Videos | Fox News

I am about 3/4 through reading this and there is little to no impact on us. NT is already in compliance with their labeling guidelines. Age restrictions are fine. Mail order suppliers like NT can just require age requirement signature delivery (this would be a small increase in the price of the juice).

The one issue is that after this is done future restrictions can be fast tracked, that is where we need to be on our toes.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
Seriously...

***Side note***

I 100% agree with everything you said. It really is our fault, regardless of party affiliation.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
We're not at all surprised by the pending FDA regulation - in fact, it's more lenient than we expected... we were anticipating having as little as 12 months to come into full compliance, 24 months is a pleasant surprise.

With regard to the labeling requirements - we're more than happy to print "This product may contain Nicotine and Nicotine is known to be highly addictive." To me, it roughly equates to stating that "the contents of this coffee cup might be hot" - we're more than happy to state the obvious.

We have stated repeatedly that our products are intended for COMMITTED ADULT SMOKERS. We do not target children. We do not target the wider population of non-smokers. eCigs are a harm-reduction tool - we have made no statements, express or implied, that they are harmless. We can't even say how much safer they are than cigarettes - we just don't know? That said #improof - the increase in lung function, the fact that I am not coughing up blood/phlegm every morning, how I feel - everything indicates that transitioning from a 1.5 PAD smoking habit to vaping was a GOOD CHOICE.

Listing ingredients is a non-issue... all vendors should be doing this, anyway. We don't list it on the bottles because we felt like there was more pertinent information to put on the bottle itself (IE, DO NOT SWALLOW, OR, CONSULT A DOCTOR IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR MIGHT BECOME PREGNANT)... instead, we opted to list the ingredients on the product page of the website.

In case anyone is curious...

USP GRADE Propylene Glycol
USP GRADE Vegetable Glycerine
USP GRADE, FEMA/GRAS Approved Flavoring (with the notable exception of the tobacco vapes, which include Naturally Extracted Tobacco Flavoring)
99.7% pure nicotine
Artificial Sweetener

Overall, I would close by saying the following...

With regard to Nicoticket specifically - in as much as we're tempted to capitalize on the resulting "panic" of the FDA release, there is absolutely NO REASON to be concerned about long term availability of Nicoticket eLiquid. We're already well on our way to positioning ourselves to thrive in the post regulatory environment.

It's time to pick a player, or players, and support them. Small vendors and companies will need significant capital to wade through the inevitable mess of regulatory red-tape. Every time you make a purchase, you effectively vote for "who do you want to exist in 2 years." A significant portion of the supply side of the eLiquid industry will not make it through this transition - pick your horses well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread