FDA regulations and the Sampler giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm considering re-opening the 5ml sampler giveaway we've run for the past few years wherein we give away two 5ml samples to new potential customers here on ECF. The issue is, in my understanding of the new FDA regulations we're no longer allowed to give away free samples. Is that promotional option just no longer within the realm of possibility? Am I forced to charge a fee for each promotional sample? Is there a minimum charge for the fee?

I've been thinking about adding the promotion directly to the website and charging something incredibly low or something. Is that something you lot would be opposed to?

Am I even allowed to give away hardware at this point as contest prizes? This is making one of my primary methods of marketing impossible.

Reactions: redrebel821

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I'm considering re-opening the 5ml sampler giveaway we've run for the past few years wherein we give away two 5ml samples to new potential customers here on ECF. The issue is, in my understanding of the new FDA regulations we're no longer allowed to give away free samples. Is that promotional option just no longer within the realm of possibility? Am I forced to charge a fee for each promotional sample? Is there a minimum charge for the fee?

I've been thinking about adding the promotion directly to the website and charging something incredibly low or something. Is that something you lot would be opposed to?

Am I even allowed to give away hardware at this point as contest prizes? This is making one of my primary methods of marketing impossible.
You can create a gift card, or a code or charge a penny...lol...or just charge for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread