Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I would love to see a pink for female and blue for male dot next to members names when making posts. I have gotten confused a few times when responding to a post, thinking the op was the opposite sex. It causes some embarrassment when it happens. People have animal pics as their avatar and it makes it difficult distinguish. I always try to remain respectful when posting, but it would be easier if I knew the sex of the person I was posting about or to. Just a suggestion if you could make some identifier so people can be addressed properly. Thanks!!!

ahall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
illinois
I would love to see a pink for female and blue for male dot next to members names when making posts. I have gotten confused a few times when responding to a post, thinking the op was the opposite sex. It causes some embarrassment when it happens. People have animal pics as their avatar and it makes it difficult distinguish. I always try to remain respectful when posting, but it would be easier if I knew the sex of the person I was posting about or to. Just a suggestion if you could make some identifier so people can be addressed properly. Thanks!!!

lol good luck!

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
English has the option to talk to someone if you dont know if it is a girl or a boy, I am trying to learn how to use it, I have been flirting to boys thinking they were girls :lol: It was funny after all as Johny says :D
Lis, if you don't know the sex of the person, just refer to that person as "they".

johnnymaestro

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2011
My joking aside though, I don't expect that we would include this option because we want to be careful to not call attention to gender. It could possibly make the people who don't use the option stick out more when they would like to be a bit more ambiguous.

One suggestion, could be to look at their profile. It may give you more information. Or also if referring to someone, just use their name. It can be hard to discern sometimes.

Roly and Sarge look at these threads so your suggestion will definitely be heard :)

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
My joking aside though, I don't expect that we would include this option because we want to be careful to not call attention to gender. It could possibly make the people who don't use the option stick out more when they would like to be a bit more ambiguous.

One suggestion, could be to look at their profile. It may give you more information. Or also if referring to someone, just use their name. It can be hard to discern sometimes.

Roly and Sarge look at these threads so your suggestion will definitely be heard :)

Dont trust profiles :evil:

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
If you are referring to someone, Lis and you don't know the gender of that person, instead of saying "he is" or "she is" and getting it wrong, just say "they are", or like Johnny said, use their forum name.

Just make sure, before you flirt with them. :facepalm: :lol:

I usually use it , its , or the forum name but my error is when i think a him is a her :lol:

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
You can also use 'they' as a singular, Lis. It is especially set up like that in English to confuse continentals.

We don't like all that sex in the language, or all those accents and fancy bits. All that stuff was removed centuries ago. Unnecessary.

What we might do is have a profile setting that says 'Check this box if you are a latin-type continental fella or similar'. Then you would get to see all sorts of additional info about a member who posted. Maybe first name, sex, sexual preference (if any), marital status, religion, car, job, age, color of hair, location, vegetarian or carnivore, country of origin of grandparents, favorite sport / pastime / food / drink, pet hate, political affiliation, criminal record, inside leg measurement, best poker game result, position on alien life forms, believe in zombies yes/no, is it all down to global warming or just the regular glacial cycle, and all that stuff.

I'm sure you would be a lot happier :)

All we have to do is figure out how to persuade Harry the coder to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread