Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
never considered it... the idea of introducing yeastie beasties into an enviroment like that may lead to more than just a loss of sugar.... filtering out all of the yeast poo would be something to consider. Plus when fermenting stuff, a general prerequisite before adding yeast is to have the fluid pasturized ( bacteria free).

I use PGA ( everclear ) to do my extractions with since PGA doesnt dissolve sugars well...

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I'd rolled this idea around my head, trying to figure out how to get rid of natural sugars in a fruit extract. I couldn't come up with a DIY way to get rid of the yeast leftovers (products of yeast metabolism and dead yeast, basically). I imagine burning yeast carcasses would gunk up a coil just as bad, or worse than sugars.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I am not sure exactly what it is comprised of but a lot of stuff seems to settle out of suspension if you let the NET sit undisturbed for a while. I draw off the translucent layer and reserve that for use, the now out of suspension layer is used to lubricate the trash can liner.

Maurice

Ive got about 8 oz of a VG based extract of a Chocolate Pipe tobacco that has been sitting untouched on the shelf of my bookcase and its till dark as tar, no clearing has occurred near the upper levels of the container... kinda wondering if thermal convection flows are keeping the stuff in suspension???!!?

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Ive got about 8 oz of a VG based extract of a Chocolate Pipe tobacco that has been sitting untouched on the shelf of my bookcase and its till dark as tar, no clearing has occurred near the upper levels of the container... kinda wondering if thermal convection flows are keeping the stuff in suspension???!!?

Mine is a PG extraction, that may well play a part in how much of what is extracted in the first place and how much will settle out.

I keep mine in a cool location where thermal differences are minimal and thus any flow created by a difference in temperature from top to bottom are likely minimal.

In my own NET a layer of wax like material accumulates at the bottom of the container, it it highly viscous and remains for a duration when the container is tilted. This is also apparent in my second PGA wash of the original already PG extracted batch of tobacco.

You may not realize similar settling if you highly filtered your NET.

Maurice

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread