few questions from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattooed.mama

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Hello everyone! Ive only been vaping for a short time now. With its grace, Im currently on day 12 of being analog free. Ive been lurking the forums soaking up as much information as I can but have a several questions.

Other than the led indicator, is there a difference between the ego-t and an ego vv? If so, what and which do you recommend?

Has anyone tried the ismoka bbc or vivi nova? Are they easy to rebuild? What rebuildables would you suggest to a newbie? Im considering staying away from pyrex because im super clumsy and afraid Ill break them when dropped. But from what I gather, they are the way to go.

Ive invested in tons of disposible clearos! One for every current flavor that I have, and a couple dozen extra for the huge order of 5ml that I just placed. Do they burn immensely different than rebuildables?

I can easily see this as becoming a hobby! Im super excited to be starting my journey as a nonsmoker and look forward to meeting some amazing people on here. Thank you in advance for any insight!

pianman6954

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
United States
The nova and protank are not technically rebuildables they I think are more on the lines of repairable atomizers. BCC's and the Nova are a great way to evolve from disposable clearos with little effort. Now on the subject of actual rebuildables RBA, RDA, GG, and hybrids the difference in performance can be epic. The difference between a genesis style tank and even a protank can be huge but at that point its a hobby and requires some necessary research and tools.

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
Hello everyone! Ive only been vaping for a short time now. With its grace, Im currently on day 12 of being analog free. Ive been lurking the forums soaking up as much information as I can but have a several questions.

Other than the led indicator, is there a difference between the ego-t and an ego vv? If so, what and which do you recommend?

First, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on quitting analogs!!! :thumbs:

Here is a good video explaining the basics of variable voltage (vv) and variable wattage (vw).
A PBusardo Video - Beginners Guide to E-Cigs and E-Cig Tech - YouTube

Has anyone tried the ismoka bbc or vivi nova? Are they easy to rebuild? What rebuildables would you suggest to a newbie? Im considering staying away from pyrex because im super clumsy and afraid Ill break them when dropped. But from what I gather, they are the way to go.

If you want to get into RBAs (ReBuildable Atomizers) I suggest you try the Genesis style RSST atomizer by Smoketech. It's relatively simple to build and is considered to be a good starter Genesis style atty to work with for new vapers. Attys using a rolled up steel mesh are termed to be Genesis style attys. You will need a few things though. I suggest that you pick up these items:

Butane Torch (try Amazon)
Steel Mesh #500 & #400 (online vape shop or Amazon)
Kanthal A-1 28 awg (online vape shop or Amazon) - Keep away from Nichrome wire.
Ohm Meter (online vape shop)

It all looks very complex but once you build a coil a couple of times you will get very comfortable with doing it. Eventually you will want to try Ecko wool and steel ropes. I'll let you research that yourself. :)

Here's a review and rebuild of the RSST by Phil Busardo (one of my favorite reviewers) on YouTube:
A PBusardo Review - Smoktech RSST Genesis Atomizer - YouTube

Ive invested in tons of disposible clearos! One for every current flavor that I have, and a couple dozen extra for the huge order of 5ml that I just placed. Do they burn immensely different than rebuildables?

Did you mean 50ml? :)

I can easily see this as becoming a hobby! Im super excited to be starting my journey as a nonsmoker and look forward to meeting some amazing people on here. Thank you in advance for any insight!

I know the feeling. I'm in the same boat. Loving this vaping thingee and everything related to it. A hearty welcome to you to the world of vaping.

Good luck to you on your journey. Do let us know how you are doing as you go along so that the rest of us can learn from your experiences too.

tattooed.mama

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Nope, not 50, 5ml. I've yet to find a liquid that I like and don't want to go big just yet. I ordered 15 liquids from ec blends and got a sample from vape dudes from their FB offer. I'm letting them steep for a week or two before trying and HOPEFULLY will find an all day vape! If not, I plan on giving them away to some lucky person that wants to try to quit smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread