Not open for further replies.

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Date Price Item shop Notes
Jun-18 $39.99 Joye eGo-T Kit Stainless myPVshop.com Electronic Cigarettes - Buy online from our retail shop Fast Shipping
Jun-19 $10.00 Joye eGo-T Low Resistance Atomizer Type B Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store. Fast Shipping

etc. etc. etc........

July-9 $11.50 Gourmet Vanilla E-juice mstsbakery.com Pending
$11.50 Snickerdoodle Cookies E-juice mstsbakery.com Pending
$5.00 Strawberry Shortcake E-Juice mstsbakery.com Pending
$11.50 Tangerine E-Juice mstsbakery.com Pending

TOTAL $616.32
Did I miss anything? Anything else I should buy? Am I spending to muchs? I am eyeing the Darwin, but it's never in stock. I hope my spending will settle down :(

My Signature should say I'm -416.82 in the hole :)

wow...serious sampling and everything!!! it's been a while for me, still sampling and not even a quarter of that spent when I first started (bought over a dozen samples and my Roughstack)... :evil:

Last edited:

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
Yeah i can sympathize with this massively... whilst i do genuinely believe Vaping can and will save you money over a carton of analogues a day... to start off with its probably going to incur quite a lot. it should start to pay for itself though once you have a setup and juice you consider your 'all day Vape'.

I think, unlike cigarettes vaping provides the end user with a huge mountain of choice and control. its much more hobby like then cigarettes which were for me, purely a habbit, an addiction.

You could argue can you really put a price on your health though? if your enjoying it and your off the death sticks does really matter what its costing you?

demon72

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
california
Wow! You make me feel better about how much I've spent! If you want a variable volt mod, consider Redskymods. Gorgeous bottemfeeders and a really great guy!

Thanks for that.....Ima look in to it as I want to try a VV and a bottom feeder, but dont wanna spend a gripa money just shooting in the dark.

Drak

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Maryland
I feel very fortunate to have found vaping, I'm sure it has extended my life expectancy, but I don't believe in uncontrolled or 'want-driven' spending either, for any reason, for any appliance or toy.

I am not 'wealthy' and I have other hobbies, interests, and bills that require my attention and a budget to make everything work harmoniously together.

I hit $650.00 in my first month and put the brakes on. Hard.

And I felt as relieved and happy the day I did that as the day I started vaping, the decision to stop the spending made me instantly feel much, much better.

I needed to spend what I did in that first month to 'get comfortable' with my setup, but I -am- comfortable now, there is no valid reason I can give myself for continuing to throw money at this thing beyond standard maintenance buys, just like I would with analogs.

And it has been tough to bring it to a halt.
I have caught myself with shopping carts full of juices and things several times only to dump them and click-out. I didn't need them, and still don't. Every time I click-out of a cart, I look at how much I just saved myself and smile.

Just me, obviously others' experience and wants will vary, but I felt very relieved the day I called 'enough'.

demon72

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
california
Geez Drak.... thats alot of cash.... Ive spent over half that (but I lie cause I dont include what I spent on my first overpriced kit at the mall) else its pretty close. Being that you and I joined ECF the same day I assume you quite analogs thereabouts as well. I am looking to chill out on the spending too, I have so much juice I dont know what to do with it. Most I dont like enough to vape it all up, but I guess thats what the classifieds are for huh. If I include the mall kit its like $750 'tween me and my ol' lady ( most me, as I forked out for our initial kits) I guess I needa become a recovering spendaholic like I am a recovering smokeaholic }:)>

Drak

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Maryland
I don't feel 'bad' about any of it, between PV's, juices, cartos, it all adds up.

And I kept every single receipt that was related to vaping and had them all together,
and one day added it all up.
So maybe if you were 100% straight-up with yourself about every penny you put to vaping...
...maybe not so far off? haha! :laugh:

But now it's different.
I have what I need now.
I always try to differentiate between what I want and what I need.
As the saying goes, 'My wants are many, my needs are few'.
Now it's time to enjoy it even more as I do it in a fiscally positive way and come out ahead as long as I know when enough is enough.
...And beat analogs in Round Two too! :headbang:

Last edited:

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
Do you guys make your own liquid or buy them already made? I'm in Canada the price seems to be higher for everything. I spend $18 on a bottle of 30ml plus $8 shipping. Is that around the range you guys are paying?

I make my own and buy juice........$18 for a 30mil is a bit steep but if its a great juice and your enjoying it then its worth it.. I buy 30 mil of Dekang for $8.99 at Mike and Carols internet store here... E-Liquid DEKANG
They sell 70mil for $18.99

demon72

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
california
I don't feel 'bad' about any of it, between PV's, juices, cartos, it all adds up.

And I kept every single receipt that was related to vaping and had them all together,
and one day added it all up.
So maybe if you were 100% straight-up with yourself about every penny you put to vaping...
...maybe not so far off? haha! :laugh:

But now it's different.
I have what I need now.
I always try to differentiate between what I want and what I need.
As the saying goes, 'My wants are many, my needs are few'.
Now it's time to enjoy it even more as I do it in a fiscally positive way and come out ahead as long as I know when enough is enough.
...And beat analogs in Round Two too! :headbang:

Yea I dont need to keep reciepts as everything that I have bought thus far is filtered thru one credit card.... Thing with me is that whenever I undertake a new hobby I go balls out till Ive had enough, then I stop.... done it that way for years... right now I feel that Im getting close to it, so I know I dont have much further to go.... maybe one mod that I like then just maintenence, plus recovery of a portion of funds spent riding myself of juices that are unapealing to me. There is a reason why I havent purchased a nice mod yet and that is couse I only want to buy one and I havent figured out which one yet.

Drak

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Maryland
I spend $18 on a bottle of 30ml plus $8 shipping.
Is that around the range you guys are paying?

It depends on whether it's a really Quality-1 juice or just average.

That's a -little- high for a run-of-the-mill juice,
but pretty much on target for a really top-notch juice.

That's one thing I've learned is quality over quantity for me, I would rather have a smaller selection/larger quantity containers of juices I LOVE to vape as opposed to countless smaller bottles of really average juice that just take up space, but that's the way you find out what you like and what you don't.

The trick is to not keep buying all those sampler bottles once you get a stable of winners!

Last edited:

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
ok so I am over paying a little. Thanks for the site link DM. Luckily I dont live too far from the states so maybe I can just order liquid from the states and have it shipped to my dads house in Seattle. If someone knows any canadian vendors that sell liquid cheap please pm me a list!!!
Mike does ship to your location and from what I understand it's no that expensive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread