Filling a Carto Couldn't Be Easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYFlyer67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
Ky
I've seen a number of posts that reference the difficulty of filling cartomizers. Who wants to carry around a syringe just to refill your carto, etc, etc. Also, I've seen a number of references to the "condom method" of refilling cartomizers. Honestly I've never looked up the condom method, so I have no idea what it is. I've never looked it up because the method I use couldn't be easier. Sorry - I sound like a know-it-all, I know. But seriously, just look at the pics in order. I can refill a carto blindfolded, while driving, in a tree, while juggling (if I could juggle), whatever...

By the way, the little bottle (made of actual glass mind you) is one of several you get with the Johnson Creek sampler pack. And, no, I'm not on commission with Johnson Creek. Just a very happy customer. :)

Attachments

• The Bottle.jpg
    The Bottle.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 132
  • The Cartomizer.jpg
    The Cartomizer.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 104
  • TheSolution.jpg
    TheSolution.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 120

Skruf

Jul 26, 2010
San Francisco
I take the rubbery ends off, I fill the rubbery end with about 3/4 juice and put the carto back into the rubbery end. It soaks into the carto perfect. If it squirts through the top, it's filled. I refill the same way when it gets low. NO mess, no missing and makes the carto last longer.

That's the way my sis taught me to do it. Condom method from bottom is so much better and quick, too.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I take off the tip and drip down the sides onto the fluff. I try to steer clear of the center.

I think that is exactly how most people do it that don't use the condom method. If you do that with the taryn spin you will get alot more juice into the carto.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Which drip tips fits your cartos?.. all my drip tips cant fit.. (regular 510 driptips from heaven-gifts)

+ when using the condom method - Atty goes to juice or other side - the white part goes first?..

I use KR808 cartos and a 901 drip tip from either Madvapes or Nhaler.
I dunno what fits a 501 carto.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Which drip tips fits your cartos?.. all my drip tips cant fit.. (regular 510 driptips from heaven-gifts)

+ when using the condom method - Atty goes to juice or other side - the white part goes first?..

The white or soft/hard caped mouth piece end in goes in the liquid first. The threaded end never touches the liquid and will never get any juice on it using the condom method if you start from the mouth piece end, I use it regularly and have never got juice on the threads.

Slowly move the carto into the condom/carto cap until you see a hint of liquid starting to show through the battery hole. If you back it off and remove the carto at that point the liquid will retract from the hole and stay in the carto. Very clean, efficient and consistent method.

YouTube - A double demo! The Cartomizer Condom Filling Method, and the Taryn Spin.

Last edited:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
The white or soft/hard caped mouth piece end in goes in the liquid first. The threaded end never touches the liquid and will never get any juice on it using the condom method if you start from the mouth piece end, I use it regularly and have never got juice on the threads.

Even in the video you linked they wipe off the threaded end and then have to wipe the mouthpeice end too. I had only seen this vid though which only showed the threaded end. Either way, still too messy for my taste, but whatever works for you is the right way.

YouTube - A Great Way To Fill Cartomizers

I don't really get the point of the condom fill if it's so easy to just pop off the mouthpiece cap and drip it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread