Filling or refilling cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandma Marcia

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Faribault Minnesota
I am wondering about filling blank cartomizers or refilling prefilled cartomizers. There is the soft cap and also a small o ring in side. I have watched videos on how to fill them, but I did not see any where about the smaller o ring plastic piece on the inside. Does anyone know if that is to be put back in or not? Also if any one has any more knowledge on filling them. I just purchased the Lux and got some cartomizers but have never used them before. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Marcia

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Hi, Marcia. If you're taking the caps out, you're obviously not filling them via the "condom method". I don't either. I do as you did and remove the cap and o ring. It appears the o ring is meant to make sure the filler stays in place without leakage, but this seems unnecessary. I haven't been putting the o ring back. In fact I don't even put the cap back on. I replaced it with one of the 902 caps. This makes it longer but more comfortable to me and much easier to remove for refilling.

Grandma Marcia

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Faribault Minnesota
Thanks Nightseer and Garnoch. Since I have put it back in the cartomizer I am using I am going to try the next one without. How do you fill your Cartomizers? Also do you use blue foam in your regular carts? Tony sent me an email from one of his customers that does and I had a computer issue and deleted it by mistake. I emailed Tony and asked him to resend it but I have not heard back from him yet. Thanks to all of you helpful people.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
You're welcome.

For how I'm filling the cartos, check out my other thread here. If fact, here's a link.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modernvapor/133275-902-cartomizer-impressions.html

Once in a blue moon Tony's email screws up so send him another. Yes I use blue foam. I felt it made a world of difference. Basically cut the foam a hair wider and a hair shorter than the inner cart and trim and that poke out.

Feel free to check out an old thread of mine from New Members as well and here's that link....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/64815-two-weeks-experience-novel.html

One thing I learned about cartomizers is to make sure the little hole in the center of the filling is lined up with the hole at the bottom of the atomizer end. Hold it up and make sure you can see daylight through the whole way, and if you can't, take a toothpick and gently push the wadding until it is back like it is supposed to be. If it isn't lined up right, it won't draw, or the draw will be very difficult.

And when filling, tilt the cartomizer to the side and drop down the edge of the metal in one spot, then for the last drop or two, turn it around and drop on the opposite side, where there will be a dry-looking place. This will keep the juice from running through the cartomizer and out the atomizer end.

I do not see that there is any appreciable difference with or without the little inside washer doolie. Seriously--if there is a difference, it isn't enough to make it worth fooling with the washer.

I put the flat-tip shipping mouthpiece from an old 510 atty in the end, too. I like flat-tips, and the flat-tipped cartridges I have are too long to fit nicely. Not sure what kind of shipping piece is on a 902, but if it is one you like, switch that out for the little rubber plug and you will be a lot happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread