Not open for further replies.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Per ECF Rules found Here
Affiliate advertising is not allowed on ECF forums, either directly or indirectly. This includes, but is not limited to, affiliate links, discount codes with an affiliate code, or clickable signature banners. This also includes links to external web pages with these codes/links/banners.

There has been a Lot of this going on, recently many of you received a Rule reminder over this.
ECF rules apply in all the forums including supplier sub-forums. It's very simple NO affiliate banners.

It would be a great idea to start policing yourselves on this matter. It's not as pretty when ECF mods have to do it.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Last edited:

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
I made my sig generator generate code to link to itself.
(There is an affiliate link on my siggen page, but that's not the propose of the page, the purpose of the page is to make the sigs.)
Users of the generated sigs can use the link provided with it or remove it. or change it to whatever they like.
I believe this is all acceptable.

I'm not actually around on the forums much anymore myself, and my sig generator is used for other places than this forum, but it has been changed to follow the rules with it's default generated code I believe.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Our V4L Banners cannot say V4L anymore?

They can.
There's an obscure rule that some of us missed, relating to the actual formation of the link wrapped around the banner, which I'd added an affiliate link to to help cover the cost of maintaining the SigGen service. They have a rule against it and I got a message about it this morning, and fixed it within about an hour of that.
If you're doing anything wrong it's the mods job to let you know, so unless you have a PM or email from an ECF mod saying you're doing something wrong and to change it, don't worry about it.

Chesterwiz

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
nowhere
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: Knock it off.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I like lezzbieans, is that ok?
Maybe I'm an idiot, but how is a signature linking to a supplier, that already has a link in their forum on ECF to their webpage, breaking the rules?
Seems we would need to remove the links to all the suppliers in the suppliers sub forums to meet this criteria?
I'm confused.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
It's not direct linking to a supplier thats the issue.
It's putting coding into the link, that allows the "owner" of that code to receive a kick back($$$) off anything purchased from the suppliers site.

To be blunt Dash up there was using V4L "family" to make money all while having you break ECF rules, and whole lotta folks got in trouble for it before we figured out who was behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread