FINALLY got a Nautilus and I'm in love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnes Black

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
STL, MO
Went to the vape shop to pick up some Protank 3 coils and they got the nautilus back in stock -- I got the last one they had for sale -- and the last pak of 1.6 ohm coils too! Now if my custom leather MVP 2.0 case would arrive (methinks it may be lost in the mail :( awwww shucks) I'd be a happy camper -- but I'll settle for the Nautilus atop my mod for now. Oh yeah, and the 50ml bottle of Captivape White Grape that'll be delivered tomorrow -- gotta love vape mail <3

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
The only thing that is shying me away from trying the Nautilus is I have always noticed muted flavor on tanks over 2.5ml. And the price of the heads is a turn-off too. Especially if you get a few bum heads that only last a week or two. But I found them for $24.95 so I may just cave and give one a shot. Worst case scenario I hate it and I will just sell it.

A17kawboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
Northern BC, Canada
I've been using the Nautilus exclusively for the last three days. Overall I really like it. The build quality is so-so but the flavor is excellent! Occasional slight flooding issues, probably because I forget and draw too hard on it. With the AFC the flooding is cleared quickly by opening up the intake and drawing lightly a few times. Definitely a step up from the Vivi Novas I've been using for the last year or so.

Agnes Black

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
STL, MO
I find it to be worth the cost. The Protank 3 leaks on my MVP 2.0 threads, which will dismiss its lifetime. The Nautilus leaves no juice residue behind and I think it's less of a juice hog tbh, which means less $ spent on juice. The coils I've found $15 for a 5 pak, so yes the coils aren't rebuildable and cost more, but it's not using as much juice as the Protank 3. AND it doesn't spit juice into my mouth at random like the Protank does either. It's $10 more than an aero tank and I feel is worth every penny. In fact I ordered a 2nd one ;)

Agnes Black

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
STL, MO
It does make my box mod look kinda small, BUT I don't have to refill but 1x per day. The throat hit is more satisfying and I'm not chain vaping like I was before -- which is also helping me use less juice. I gave my Protank minis to family/friends and use the Nautilus 90% of the time, Protank about 7% of the time, and my iClear 30's the other 3% LOL

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
I was already a fan, its easily the best tank I've tried, i even prefer it to my carto tanks (let the flaming begin). I was paranoid about dropping it so only used it at home and aerotanks on the go since the metal tops made them seem sturdier until I saw this. A stainless tank. now its clumsy me proof and looks great. it holds so much juice that I don't have to worry about running dry, just check it in the morning and its good to go all day
photo-2.jpg

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Hated mine. 4 heads, 1 of which didn't even have the center post punched with an air hole, 5 tank fills, still worked like crap. Constant gurgle, always flooding, if it wasn't doing that there was no vapor production, and If it had good vapor production with gurgle it's tastes like burnt turd. Glad you got a better experience then I did. It just sits in a box now here. Trying to decide if I want to sell, pif it, trade, or trash. Hate to pass it along though if it's gonna give the next person trouble.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
In my experience, the Nautilus has been the best of times, the worst of times.

On the plus side, the vapor and flavour has been there, it holds a goodly amount of juice (great for out and about all day), and the airflow control actually works.

On the negative side, the heads degrade in performance after about a week and are expensive, as well as out of stock most places.

The cost and supply issues are likely to go away over time - prices tend to go down and inventory will catch up. The real issue for me is that they really drop off in performance (poor vapor, very muted flavour) too quickly. The same juice in either a protank 2 (single coil), protank 3, or aerotank does not gunk up the heads nearly as quickly.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
Hard to say what it is. When I get a round to I will do a rebuild on a head a see how it goes. There was thread a while back about hole placement in the larger cylinder part as the head being to blame. Seemed to March my issues, but not entirely. It's Ben a week or two now, so I may giver another go shortly. Definitely had Mr madder then a one legged midget running the 110 hurdles, that's for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread