Finally got my EVO, feelings, questions, and concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
Los Angeles
Well, it finally showed up in my mailbox yesterday. The USPS tried to deliver it Monday but I'm never home through the day, and they redelivered it yesterday. Thank god!

I've been reading these forums for a month and have been dying for my first e-cig to arrive. Anyhow, I ordered the EVO because of all the good reviews. I got the kit with the extra battery and ordered an extra atomizer. It's nice that they come charged, because I wouldn't have liked waiting any longer. I also ordered a Pilot from PS with an extra atomizer. That should be on the way soon. I just don't want to have to go back to analogs at all. If my e-cigs go down I know it'll happen

So, I puffed on it a little bit before dinner last night. After I ate was the hardest part. I really wanted a real cig. These things really work pretty well. I got over my after meal craving and still haven't smoked an analog. That's pretty amazing! I used to smoke about a pack a day.

A couple thing I noticed are:

There is definately an odor. Both the carts and the JC juice I got. I was hoping to puff it in the office but I'm not sure now.

I hit the cutoff often. Maybe it's just me getting used to it, but it doesn't seem like 5 sec. Look forward to the Pilot 7 sec.

I only get a decent throat hit when I have a fresh cart or drip on the atomizer.

I'm really impressed so far and can't believe I haven't smoked an analog in almost a day. The only reason I'll go back is if the e-cigs break down or I run out of juice. I plan on stocking up to keep this from happening.

That's all for now...

Did you get that kit from the UK or the US site? I just got hold of an Evo and havent noticed an odor from the vapor, even asked a few non-smoker/vapers if they could smell anything and was told they couldn't. (Got my kit from the UK supplier, diff juice in the US?)

I have noticed that some carts arn't that great, I have gone through the 5 that came with it and found 4 of them to be great with one "not so great" one that didnt last too long and I had to fiddle with a few times to get it puffing again. Maybe try taking out the wool and pushing it back in so the full length of it is stretched down the cart to allow it all to get to the atomizer. Might help get that throat hit more often!

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
Los Angeles
I ordered from the UK site. I've heard really bad things about the US site (intellicigs) They were out of stock when I ordered, so it took a week longer than normal I guess. I originally ordered on Feb 2. Almost 4 weeks, but like I mentioned they were out of stock when I ordered. Probably took 2 1/2 weeks to ship here from UK if you exclude the out of stock time.

Last edited:
I placed my order on the 19th from the UK site and it was in my mailbox in the US on the 27th! I actually tried to cancel my order in favor of a US supplier, but it was already shipped! Worked out much better in the long run. Once my delivery from puresmoker arrives I will be using my evo as my backup.

Opened the box last night around 9pm, had half an analog at 2am.... Its now 3:21pm Saturday and still no analogs! Amazing stuff!

Cant wait to take this thing on the next flight I work...Now I wont have to stand outside to smoke in freezing rain in Iceland!

njdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
TX
intellicigs.com (the US site) is not a authorized dealer or is not affiliated with intellicig.com (the original makers of EVO). John from intellicig.com has mentioned that in one of his posts.

Its best for you to order from the UK site, the only downside is the time it takes to reach you, mine took 28 days to reach. John is very responsive and had promised to send me another one since mine had not reached, if you have any questions you can reach him at john@intellicig.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread