Status
Not open for further replies.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Originally Posted by spradling
Waiting for my manual passthrough to arrive to try this out!

Do you prime the atomizer before doing this or the other way around, blow it dry?
I actually rinse mine off in hot water first to get rid of all the juice. Then I blow them dry with compressed air.

Although we're burning the gunk off the coil, if there's juice in other parts of atomizer it might dry out and clog it up. I think it's better to get rid of it all first.

The whole key to all of this is getting the right amount of electricity to the coil - enough to make it glow red, but not enough to fry it.

I can't comment on the pass-through, I don't have one. I hope Katink or someone else can help.

Good luck
I use a pass-through (manual) to do the burning, so there isn't a shut-off - I can keep burning as long as I want to.
As said though, I do it in bursts of max 20 seconds, then let it cool a bit before a next burst (if needed).

I don't rinse before heating. Hearing Tin Cup that does sound to be possible; but my thoughts on why I don't do it: what I want to achieve are two things: clean the coil as far as possible; but also get rid of the goo (thick syrup stage mostly) that is in the small porcelain-pot around and under the coil (and that is allready too thick to blow it out successfully). I think, that getting rid of this 'syrup' means there will be less gunk around to become the hard shell on the coil (after all this is the inbetween-stage before it ends up on that coil).
Getting that syrup out means a lot of heat is needed... and to stop the mesh covering the coil and pot from deforming and perhaps falling to pieces over a short period, I am happy to start out with still some liquid in that mesh... I see it as protection during the heating-phase.

Of course it mustn't be all too much; if it is, I will start out by blowing out the atomizer before starting to heat (that way still leaving some liquid in the mesh of course).

I'm not sure if this is needed (leaving some liquid in the mesh when starting the burning) - but these were/are my thoughts for doing it this way.
And of course the big trick is, to have all three (coil, pot and mesh) empty of gunk and liquid at the same time - the time you stop heating :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread