Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
As for the Provari, nothing can be said that hasn't been said before, great choice. The AGA+ will most likely require some tinkering and trial and error, especially if you are new to Genesis Style Attys but once you find your way with it you'll know why they get so much attention. There is a AGA thread in the rebuildable section that will give you lots of great info.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Since you're going to use a Provari, you might want to grab a small washer to put between your tightening nuts on the positive post to help with the top hot spot many people get with the AGA.

I would recommend 28 gauge or twisted 32 awg but you might have to do more coil wraps to get the resistance high enough for the Provari to fire. I know twisted 32 gauge has completely eliminated any hot spots for me (0.8 ohm coil)... and I run at 22 watts. Might be able to get away with a 5 wrap 28 gauge though ...

Grats on the ProV!

Last edited:

EvilOne

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Los Angeles
Had mine for a week now, knew it had to be good after I noticed the people who smoked more than me had all picked these up in the last month. Probably saw 10 provaris in a 48 hour time span lol. So I decided to take the plunge and I am glad I did. No more cigarettes...however now I still am waiting on a glass tank and cartos. So spending the money elsewhere lol.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
After contemplating for weeks finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Provari Blem for $140 . Hope its worth it . Also ordered a Aga - T + . Wanted to ask if its too difficult to setup the aga T + ?

You'll realize the Provari is worth it once you unwrap the bubble wrap and just hold it in your hands for the first time. It's a great piece of mechanical craftmanship, and vapes even better.

I just set up my first rebuildable last night, the same AGA T+ you ordered. I got it up and running without too much difficulty.

(The first coil I made a few days ago had a short according to the Provari, so while making adjustments to the coil it broke. There's not enough wire included in the kit to make a new coil so I was forced to wait on delivery for more.)

My first coil reads out at 1.3 volts according to the Provari. I'm running it at 3.4 volts on the Provari and 3.7 volts on my Silver Bullet. The vapor is the most of any delivery device that I've ever had. :D The flavor is ok, not great and not bad. I understand that these need to "season" with a tankfull or two of juice, so overall I'm happy.

Watch the Zen video on YouTube for the ZAP, very well photographed and good explanations for the Genesis setup. Also a great thread on the AGA in the rebuildable sub-forum. I recommend to go ahead and order more wire and mesh now so if you run into the same problem I did you have backup supplies on hand.

Good luck with your new setup. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread