Finally took the plunge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgerrick

Aug 8, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Hey y'all! I've been researching VP starter kits for some time, and only stumbled upon your fair site this morning; My life has officially been revolutionized! I learned more in a few hours on this forum than I did in listening to friends and reading other sites for over a month. I'm currently a 10-15 cig/day gal, and I have been talking about quitting for at least a year. I've found it difficult to quit not because of the nicotine, but because my ADHD self LOVES the act of smoking!

I ordered my first VP from Smokeless Image - I got the basic kit with the manual battery, and I'm REALLY looking forward to my first bonding experience with my new toy/smoking buddy. I'm a college student, and a huge reason I've wanted to quit is because cigs in AZ are SUPER pricey and I hate paying $7-8/pack, even in cartons.

Thanks for all your helpful posts filled with experience and research - you made my day, and possibly my life :laugh:

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I'm college myself, one reason why I decided to get a nice PV as the old looked like an 87 rusted pink mazda. I didn't know it was the knock off pos I had that was holding me up on fully dropping anologs. Haven't had one from the minute my 901 came in the mail! I've have read good things on the Volt & hope it suits you well. From one noobie to another, welcome to ECF! :)

rpgerrick

Aug 8, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Well, I'm a little less than a week in! Smokeless Image was really prompt with shipping the PV, and it arrived in two days. As I unpacked the sky blue battery and components, I noticed on the packing slip that because they hadn't enclosed a box (I would have NEVER noticed that), they included a coupon code (I'm not super sure what it's for yet - but I'll be finding out later today) as an apology. I charged my new toy, screwed on the Vanilla cart that they included, and started my journey.

My first inhale caused a serious bit of coughing, and a rather uncomfortable feeling in my throat and chest - so I changed my smoking approach from a straight inhale to a mouth inhale that leads to a deeper chest inhale - MUCH better. The pull is a little different and takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm really enjoying it now.

Today is my first day without analogs, so I'll definitely be thankful for the 12mg nicotine carts. I'm really enjoying it so far, especially since I can "smoke" at my desk, and no one knows or cares, and my co-worker who has serious sensitivity to smoke doesn't have to deal with it anymore.

Thanks for all your support, folks. It makes the transition so much easier to have others along on the same journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread