Finaly made up my mind, went and got one today !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronDog

Feb 18, 2013
Los Angeles
So after days of research and a month of smoking E-cig from blu, I finaly went with Provari Mini, it fits in my pocket and may last me all day at work. I got the Provari mini from "vapor spot" in westwood los angeles for 199.99, 20 dollar more from provape their own website and plus tax. wasnt too happy about paying all that But you do get the goods right the way instead of order online and wait for week.
Vivi nova tank STV is sold out right now so i use vapeonly BCC Mega for now with 2.5ohm on about 3.0 volt, smoke pretty smooth.
So far my first day went pretty well. it makes me feel full, not like blu cig makes you feel like have to puff more to keep up.
I'm pretty sure i made a right choice. Since i got it from Vapor spot, they have starter special juice sampler. i try many of them and picked up 4 bottle of 10ml each. should last me more than a week or two.

so since i'm new to the mod i wonder how to properly use Provari Mini.
can some one tell me how votage match up with different ohm atomizer ?
and what really make provari one of the best mod out there.

IronDog

Feb 18, 2013
Los Angeles
i liked the advice that i got a while back: "Vape for taste". since you have a VV device, go up in voltage each 'hit' until you get the vape you're looking for. on a 2.5ohm my "butter zone" is usually around 4.6-4.8 volts. play around with your new toy!:toast:

Thanks bro
I set it on 4.5 before and i got a heavy throt hit...i was like smoking cigar, i came from marble light so....i went down the votage to 3.1 and now its smooth like butter. but i notice when the votage go up higher and kick more...i dont take as much puff as i need.....so just depends what i am doing at the time, i'm at home for now i set 3.1, if i'm at work i might set 3.5 to 3.8 just to get a heavier hit so the feeling can last longer instead of the need to keep puffing. Its nice that i can adjust and fun.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The best, simplist explanation that I have found concerning resistance rating, voltage, wattage, etc is in this article, written by the creator of the safe vaping power chart. It is meant to be used as a general guideline. This chart is at the end of the article. You'll find that an ohm rating of 2.5 - 3.0 ohm will provide you with the widest range of vaping on the Provari.

Guide to Safe Vaping - E-Cigarette Safety | Ecig Advanced Community Blog

The adjust to taste is a wise method to use with each flavor that you vape. Start low, work your way up in increments until the juice tastes a little burnt, then back down a couple of increments. This should be the "sweet spot" for that particular flavor.

My own juices, I find the fruit flavors to taste best 3.4-3.7 volts; coffee flavors 4.2 - 4.6 volts. A couple of my cinnamon flavors best 4.5 - 5.5 volts depending on my mood. Just as an example.

I have found that the Provari is rather sensitive to its battery conduction. Any dirt or corrosion build up on the battery ends, or the inner positive battery connection will cause the Provari to "act up". Cleanse these with isopropal alcohol at least monthly. Also get some Noalox either from Provape or your local hardware supply (I found mine in the electrical section at Home Depot.). This will not only keep the bare stainless steel threading of the endcap "buttery", but the black oxidation that can build up in the threads can cause electrical conduction issues with the Provari.

Keep the top connector clean with a alcohol swabbed Q-tip. Juice can accumulate there and cause electrical conduction issues with the juice delivery device.

The Provari's surface is extremely durable, but should you decide to protect it, SerenityGear Leather makes excellent leather sleeves and holsters for the Provari.

You are going to love the Provari. It is one of the most consistant and accurate and safest PV's on the market. The Accuset techology in the military grade processor will give you the precise voltage you set from the beginning of the battery until it is drained.

Not only does it have a great warranty and customer service by Provape, but the company will continue to service it (should it require it) even after the warranty has expired for already known fees. No Chinese made mod can offer that security. The Provari is a mod for the long term.

Last edited:

IronDog

Feb 18, 2013
Los Angeles
The best, simplist explanation that I have found concerning resistance rating, voltage, wattage, etc is in this article, written by the creator of the safe vaping power chart. It is meant to be used as a general guideline. This chart is at the end of the article. You'll find that an ohm rating of 2.5 - 3.0 ohm will provide you with the widest range of vaping on the Provari.

Guide to Safe Vaping - E-Cigarette Safety | Ecig Advanced Community Blog

The adjust to taste is a wise method to use with each flavor that you vape. Start low, work your way up in increments until the juice tastes a little burnt, then back down a couple of increments. This should be the "sweet spot" for that particular flavor.

My own juices, I find the fruit flavors to taste best 3.4-3.7 volts; coffee flavors 4.2 - 4.6 volts. A couple of my cinnamon flavors best 4.5 - 5.5 volts depending on my mood. Just as an example.

I have found that the Provari is rather sensitive to its battery conduction. Any dirt or corrosion build up on the battery ends, or the inner positive battery connection will cause the Provari to "act up". Cleanse these with isopropal alcohol at least monthly. Also get some Noalox either from Provape or your local hardware supply (I found mine in the electrical section at Home Depot.). This will not only keep the bare stainless steel threading of the endcap "buttery", but the black oxidation that can build up in the threads can cause electrical conduction issue with the Provari.

Keep the top connector clean with a alcohol swabbed Q-tip. Juice can accumulate there and cause electrical conduction issues with the juice delivery device.

The Provari's surface is extremely durable, but should you decide to protect it, SerenityGear Leather makes excellent leather sleeves and holsters for the Provari.

You are going to love the Provari. It is one of the most consistant and accurate and safest PV's on the market. The Accuset techology in the military grade processor will give you the precise voltage you set from the beginning of the battery until it is drained.

Not only does it have a great warranty and customer service by Provape, but the company will continue to service it (should it require it) even after the warranty has expired for already known fees. No Chinese made mod can offer that security. The Provari is a mod for the long term.

Thanks man, i learn something today :) now i'm waitting for Vivinova STV tank to be instock and also a holster i can clip on my belt. thanks !!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Provari_Lil Mama.jpg

Somebody shared a pic today of their brand new satin black Mini Provari with a Big Daddy Vapor's Lil Moma metal cartotank today. I think this looks BAD *ssed.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
My advice, so you don't get caught up in useless math

Start out with 2V higher than your measured resistance and adjust from there...

So, for example, if your resistance measures out at 2.5 Ohms, start with a voltage of 4.5V... If it's too warm, tone it down a couple of thenths, or vice versa, too cool kick it up a couple of tenths... You should be very close using the +2 thumb rule though.

It's served me well :)

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
And to add to what Baditude mentioned, I can say I have noticed improved battery life over other mods. My 18490 batteries in my ProVari last as long as an 18650 with twice the mAh in my Vamo. And the 18650 in my ProVari will last for 2 days... In the Vamo I could only get one day out of it.

This could be voodoo magic and not worth anything at all... But my observation tells me that the ProVari circuit is very efficient, and uses the battery much more conservatively than its standard list of competitors...

You should really enjoy it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread