• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

find my perfect juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vainquir

Verified Member
still trying to find the right juice for myself
2 failed attempts to switch to vaping cos i cant find the right taste
currently on next chill or marlboro black menthol
laojiaos any suggestion to help me
i tried menthol, mint, spearmint, double mint, coffee, lime, ry4, caramel, chesse cake, coconut, cured tobacco
but can't stay on any of them and switch back to analogs
and i cough alot when i vape :(

Darth Nite

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
At The End Of The Rainbow
i tried menthol, mint, spearmint, double mint, coffee, lime, ry4, caramel, chesse cake, coconut, cured tobacco

Hiya! I faced the same thing as you when I picked up vaping for the second time earlier this year ( 1st time was back in '09). I know quite a number of ppl who were happy with their basic set ups n a couple of them have actually quit smoking with the help of their Egos n now even completely stopped vaping as well.

But I couldn't find the right taste, the right kind of satisfaction, if you will, till I got my current set up. Although I've said that I'm not looking to quit at all (call me weird but i love the smell n taste of analogs) just to cut down on smoking especially at home but now I find myself reaching for the PV more often than my analogs. I used to smoke 2 packs a day but now less than 10 sticks in a day unless I'm out the whole day.

Getting the right taste, the right amount of nicotine in the juice is as important if not more so than the equipment. I smoke only Marlboro Menthols so I've found that fruity and sweet juices (although i love redbull) just doesn't sit well with me and I've even put menthol crystals in some of the fruity and sweet juices to make them more "mentholy" but still didn't work. Now I've found my perfect set up in both equipment and juices. And my main juices are 18mg menthol and another menthol juice that I've added menthol crystals to give that frosty feel.

Keep at it and I'm sure you'll find something that you like. And like madhero said, make sure you're getting the right amount of nicotine.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
coughing a lot is normal at the start.
it can be harsher then analogs and it does dry you out pretty quick.

like darth nite, i smoke marlboro menthols and i hate the menthol and tobacco flavours i have tried so far.
maybe i just have yet to find a good one.
however, i have found a number of desert flavoured juices which i do enjoy.

right now i only smoke analogs when im overseas and when i drink heavily about once or twice a week.
other then that, i do not touch analogs at all.

like darth nite has said, just keep at it.

good luck man.

vainquir

Verified Member
like darth nite my vaping is actually to reduce my analogs and not to quit tobacco totally
we are alike in ways as i do enjoy a good smoke and to me taste is an important factor
am also into good cigars and mini cigars when the moods comes especially with alcohol
a few good mini cigars and a btl of 18yrs macallan that is a damn fine way to chill

Darth Nite

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
At The End Of The Rainbow
like darth nite my vaping is actually to reduce my analogs and not to quit tobacco totally
we are alike in ways as i do enjoy a good smoke and to me taste is an important factor
am also into good cigars and mini cigars when the moods comes especially with alcohol
a few good mini cigars and a btl of 18yrs macallan that is a damn fine way to chill

Hahahahahaha. A glass of 18yrs macallan with a single ball of ice plus a good Cohiba plus a good book. Heaven

vainquir

Verified Member
Hahahahahaha. A glass of 18yrs macallan with a single ball of ice plus a good Cohiba plus a good book. Heaven

damn cohiba is ex man and i haven't tried the authentic cuban cohiba
now waiting for my next batch of juice
trying out 12mg nic 70/30 Absinthe, earl grey, green tea, Creme de Menthe and menthol

I_am_Ray

Jun 1, 2013
land of no vape
Hi vainquir! I also started with stardust and ego batt when I 1st started. This setup only lasted me a week! 3 days to be exact before I realised its not giving me the "kick"!

Few days later, got my hands on vivi nova and vamo2 setup. This setup drastically cut down my analogs. 1 pack could last me 4 days. If full analog, I smoke 1 pack+ of Marlboro red a day. But then again......within a month, I realised I'm not getting the throat hit and flavor again! And also thanks to my friends, I hoot mech mod n a few ody clones. Now I'm getting heavenly flavour and throat hits! Currently off analogs for a week. Only time I feel like smoiing analogs now is when sitting at coffeeshop drinking kopi!
By the way......most of your juices are not very appetising to me! But its very individual preferences. My current favourite is strawberry! Lol.....who would have thought?

u should try upgrading ur setup. Get some proper attys n mods. They'll give u 10times or more flavour n throat hit to your vape compared to what you are using now! Also, try to vape on the juices for 2-3 days before deciding whether u like it or not. Some juices taste great the 1st time, but make u sick after awhile. Some u find so so, but after awhile, u actually realise u can vape them long term.

Aalleexx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
HongKong Kowloon
Hi vainquir! I also started with stardust and ego batt when I 1st started. This setup only lasted me a week! 3 days to be exact before I realised its not giving me the "kick"!

Few days later, got my hands on vivi nova and vamo2 setup. This setup drastically cut down my analogs. 1 pack could last me 4 days. If full analog, I smoke 1 pack+ of Marlboro red a day. But then again......within a month, I realised I'm not getting the throat hit and flavor again! And also thanks to my friends, I hoot mech mod n a few ody clones. Now I'm getting heavenly flavour and throat hits! Currently off analogs for a week. Only time I feel like smoiing analogs now is when sitting at coffeeshop drinking kopi!
By the way......most of your juices are not very appetising to me! But its very individual preferences. My current favourite is strawberry! Lol.....who would have thought?

u should try upgrading ur setup. Get some proper attys n mods. They'll give u 10times or more flavour n throat hit to your vape compared to what you are using now! Also, try to vape on the juices for 2-3 days before deciding whether u like it or not. Some juices taste great the 1st time, but make u sick after awhile. Some u find so so, but after awhile, u actually realise u can vape them long term.

Actually setup and throat hit is completely different thing. Reliablility setup yes. Depends on wicks,mash genesis or dripping. Some low cost RBa attys also can perform as good comparing to a highend one. It all depends on yr rba skills. TH depends in juices. Anyway just get things which are comfortable to yr wallet. No point getting one and in the end feel worst than a ce5. Practice make perfect. End of the day stopping analogs is ultimatum. Unless ur a collector or take this as a hobby. Cheers vape on.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
finally got my juices i ordered
and i actually like the 70/30 12 mg TPA menthol so far
havent tried out the other flavors i got yet
but apparently i think this juice setup is fine

a friend of mine is sugesting i try out mech mods
hmm gonna to some research on this

Juices. Sometimes its all in the head. Sometimes u may not like it at first try, but it gets better as time passes. Sometimes u vape too much and it becomes a bit tasteless.

Setups. It is what makes your juices taste excellent. Do it right and u will never think about quitting vaping.

Mech mods. It depends on whether u wanna venture into veteran stuff. Some ppl swear by an ego, others turn it into a hobby collection, one like me. Piece of advice, go with what you like, not what others like.

slow_lories

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Where else...

Hi bro,

Marlboro Ice Blast smoker myself. The combi that works wonders for me was an Ego C twist, Kanger protank (Tried Vivi Nova, but experienced weird taste) and 3/4 Liqua Menthol and 1/4 Liqua Mint for juice.

I recommended this to 3 Black Menthol/Ice Blast smokers and all became full-time vapers within a week!

Liqua's juices are highly recommended as they don't have that drastic plasticky/artificial taste like some other brands.

Mint by itself smells good, but doesn't vape well. 1/4 of it mixed with menthol gives that cooling 'axe oil' kinda feeling, which, I believe you as a Black Menthol smoker should know what I'm talking about.

For those, who like me, thought that vaping will never be able to provide the same taste as smoking, I urge you to try the Turkish Tobacco. I guarantee you that it taste exactly like a cigar!

Cheers bro!

poppychua

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
xin jia po
Hi bro,

Marlboro Ice Blast smoker myself. The combi that works wonders for me was an Ego C twist, Kanger protank (Tried Vivi Nova, but experienced weird taste) and 3/4 Liqua Menthol and 1/4 Liqua Mint for juice.

I recommended this to 3 Black Menthol/Ice Blast smokers and all became full-time vapers within a week!

Liqua's juices are highly recommended as they don't have that drastic plasticky/artificial taste like some other brands.

Mint by itself smells good, but doesn't vape well. 1/4 of it mixed with menthol gives that cooling 'axe oil' kinda feeling, which, I believe you as a Black Menthol smoker should know what I'm talking about.

For those, who like me, thought that vaping will never be able to provide the same taste as smoking, I urge you to try the Turkish Tobacco. I guarantee you that it taste exactly like a cigar!

Cheers bro!

hi bro... recently find out that this a juice call ML ice blast (marlboro). i tried n it taste is just like real analog.... but i mix it with methol sensation... n the coldness... i tell u shock......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread