Finding the perfect vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
After spending a ton of time trying to find out where the voltage sweet spot is it finally occurred to me (yes, I really am that slow) that the reason no one voltage works for each atty is because each atty model can vary so dramatically in resistance and ultimately power drawn.

I did a few mods using adjustable voltage via a pot on an adjustable regulator but it turned out in practice to be too hard to find the good spot..basically too much effort.

The new idea that I'm going to test on this next mod is to have a 3 way switch that will toggle between 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0v with 4.0 for the 510, 4.5 for the 901 and 5.0 for the 801.

I assumed 2.4ohm resistance for the average 510, 3.0ohm for the 901 and 3.5ohm for the 801. This will give 6.7w of power to the 510, 6.7w to the 901 and 7.1w to the 801 which in theory should make each atty function at near peak.

Any other ideas on refining voltage control to find that perfect and consistent vape?

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Nice, if its to any consolation, I used an 801 from May to August running at 6 volts without any burnt tastes or difficulties.

You're my idol iken. :shock:

Nuck,

I really don't have the knowledge to help you out on this, but I did some experimenting with a variable pot also and still couldn't get what I wanted.

Your new approach is much better I think, because I find myself changing mods several times during a day depending on what I feel like at the time.

After trying so many things, I am convinced that there is no such sweet spot because not only the atomizers vary, but we do as well.

So having all in one mod might be the best way to go.

I am really interested on what you will come up with. :)

--

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread