firing buttons going sour...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I bought 4 mods since march, and for several reasons each one has gone down. Before you recommend a Provari fan boys, read on

The first to go down was the Sigelei Zmax telescope. The button would misfire or enter menus with just one push. Drove me mad, so I bought an SVD through fasttech. It was going fine until one day I saw eliquid draining down the bottom. But I went on. I use mostly the Vapeonly BCC and the ocasional evod. The second time I found eliquid was when the firing button simply stopped working. I doused the conection and the button with isopropyl alcohol in hope it'll dislodge any remaining liquid. But I'm unhappy.

The most unlikely has held on to the end, the eVic with an 19350. Goes on working like a charm but the 5V limitation is a little tricky (I vape at around 10 to 12 W on 2.5 ohm heads). The Sigelei after a long rest is working so far, at least for the time being.

Do I have to buy a new mod every three months? Preposterous! I know, I'm a heavy vaper, but it's too much.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I bought 4 mods since march, and for several reasons each one has gone down. Before you recommend a Provari fan boys, read on

not sure of the comment but whatev.

Do I have to buy a new mod every three months? Preposterous! I know, I'm a heavy vaper, but it's too much.

the answer is in the first quote but you seem to not want to hear it.

cheap is cheaply made, no offense but it is what it is.

get a mech.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You get what you pay for. You buy cheap, you get cheaply made. Simple concept, really. You're finally experiencing what the "fan boys" have been saying all along. To get quality, durability, dependability, and repairability you have to shell out some bucks.

You already know what you need, but you won't admit to it. ;) Good luck, Susaz.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa

The first to go down was the Sigelei Zmax telescope. The button would misfire or enter menus with just one push. Drove me mad, so I bought an SVD through Fasttech. It was going fine until one day I saw eliquid draining down the bottom. But I went on. I use mostly the Vapeonly BCC and the ocasional evod. The second time I found eliquid was when the firing button simply stopped working. I doused the conection and the button with isopropyl alcohol in hope it'll dislodge any remaining liquid. But I'm unhappy.

The most unlikely has held on to the end, the eVic with an 19350. Goes on working like a charm but the 5V limitation is a little tricky (I vape at around 10 to 12 W on 2.5 ohm heads). The Sigelei after a long rest is working so far, at least for the time being.

If you rely on the features that the SVD and other mods bring to the table then you will have to expect them to fail at some point in time regardless of your behaviors. If you are willing to drop some features like vw/vv, ego cone threading, etc. and are willing to spend an entire month's budget on a single APV, then please buy a Provari because it will never fail you Susaz. Life happens and things go wrong, but what separates Provari's from the more inexpensive featureful APV's popping up is one simple truth -- Provape.

Susaz, I own 3 Proari's beginning on my ECF join date and they behave tthe same as they do now. The problem you face sadely is lack of options. Your nation prohibits sales of electronic cigarettes and juices. When a way is established to guarentee a package will reach you, I will give you a wonderful gift later this year.

RHP

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Provari's fail very less compared to the other mods, Susaz. That's all they're saying. Now the reason I am recommending it to you is because I have not experienced one failure in 11 months! I practically learned to vape with them so they have been flooded, short cicuited, etc. And they keep on working perfectly.

I just had an Innokin iTaste SVD fail on me, and it was my first time experiencing a mod do that. I was slowly falling in Love with it but you cannot put price on, "trust." and I trust my Provari! And don't worry about the cost.

You know RHP, that's your golden-ticket in life now ;)

RHP

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Guys, not everyone can aford a Provari. Every time I complain about a mod, everybody jumps in saying "Get a Provari". Provaris also fail. And living so far, taking it back for repairs can be costly. Not every time something that is expensive is foolproof...
Provari track records for failing are FAR less than the Chinese mods, who as you know offer absolutely no option for repair at all.

How much in total cost were the four mods you have bought since March? Probably more than the $140 which would get you a slightly blemished Provari 2.5 or Provari 2.0, both with full one year warranty.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Provaris also fail
yea but 1 in 1000 isnt exactly failure prone. i know it seems fanboyish but here you are explaining in full detail exactly WHAT it is about the provari that makes them so recommended. you can either go the mech route, keep buying chinese junk. or one provari. i have one here that is over 2 years old now and still works like the day it left provape. even still running the version 1 board.

I really hate being fanboyish and even being percieved as one but the stories are true, with the provari you really do get exactly what you pay for. mine have been absolutely drenched in juice. and fallen so many times i cant count doesnt even have a dent on it

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
You have a new nick name. Hi "Sour Buttons!" :)

I don't know what to tell you kiddo. I'm careful with my stuff I guess because I can even get something like an Ovale V8 to last... forever while they practically self destruct for someone else. I wouldn't dare suggest you use anything I have just because... Well just because.

Did you do the "bag of rice" trick for any of the soggy PV's? You still may have liquid in there that needs to be got out.

Me :( for you.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You have a new nick nick name. Hi "Sour Buttons!" :)

I don't know what to tell you kiddo. I'm careful with my stuff I guess because I can even get something like an Ovale V8 to last... forever while they practically self destruct for someone else. I wouldn't dare suggest you use anything I have just because... Well just because.

Did you do the "bag of rice" trick for any of the soggy PV's? You still may have liquid in there that needs to be got out.

Jammed a paper towel in and it's been sitting for a couple of days. It'll take me two months of zero vaping gear to get a Provari, I don't have a credit card... *sigh*

Instead I'm thinking of getting back to V8. They don't read ohms, but the ones I've got are still working. Or maybe an Itaste... I don't know.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Oh wow - I had no idea you have a V8. That's practically creepy weird. Maybe I should start suggesting you use my PV's. lol

The problem is the paper towel can't act as a desiccant and suck liquid out of where it can't get at. Try the dry rice thing: Put the flaky PV in a plastic bag with some rice, seal it tight, and give it a few days.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Guys, not everyone can aford a Provari. Every time I complain about a mod, everybody jumps in saying "Get a Provari". Provaris also fail. And living so far, taking it back for repairs can be costly. Not every time something that is expensive is foolproof...

If you bought 4 mods, you would have spent less on the ProVari.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

The first to go down was the Sigelei Zmax telescope. The button would misfire or enter menus with just one push. Drove me mad, so I bought an SVD through Fasttech. It was going fine until one day I saw eliquid draining down the bottom. But I went on. I use mostly the Vapeonly BCC and the ocasional evod. The second time I found eliquid was when the firing button simply stopped working. I doused the conection and the button with isopropyl alcohol in hope it'll dislodge any remaining liquid. But I'm unhappy.

If you want a reliable mod - buy a Provari.
I'm not stating this because I'm a fanboy, but because it's true.

Chinese mods are disposable for the most part.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
You have a new nick name. Hi "Sour Buttons!" :)

LOL, I have the same luck, bought a two for the price of one V8 kit at a closeout sale months ago, the extra V8 was the original shiny black that had so many problems, mine is one of my take alongs as I didn't expect it to last, darn is still going strong. The other is black rubberized and it mostly sits on the desk patiently waiting for its time to be put into service.

Susaz, I see your point about the shipping and return time, Argentina isn't exactly located in the free shipping zone for Provape, and I would imagine shipping cost and time would be over the top. Don't know what killed your other devices, but juice getting into the electronics will kill just about anything. I wish I had an easy answer for you, but I don't. Wishing you the best.

Edit, Yeah, now you are back in business, glad to hear it.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
LOL, I have the same luck, bought a two for the price of one V8 kit at a closeout sale months ago, the extra V8 was the original shiny black that had so many problems, mine is one of my take alongs as I didn't expect it to last, darn is still going strong. The other is black rubberized and it mostly sits on the desk patiently waiting for its time to be put into service.

Susaz, I see your point about the shipping and return time, Argentina isn't exactly located in the free shipping zone for Provape, and I would imagine shipping cost and time would be over the top. Don't know what killed your other devices, but juice getting into the electronics will kill just about anything. I wish I had an easy answer for you, but I don't. Wishing you the best.

Edit, Yeah, now you are back in business, glad to hear it.

The Sigelei is the most annoying. The button just went crazy. Sometimes it fires, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it goes into menus by its own. It's maddening finding that the wattage has suddenly gone down for itself, or, the out is off. Mine is a Telemax.

As for the Gripper, I blew the center pin. My hubby fixed it with a retainer, so my attys don't screw all the way down, but at least it makes contact and works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread