Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Let me preface this by saying that I am not usually a lucky person :D.

I've been using clearomizers exclusively for at least 2.5 months and while I have killed a couple ;), I had the first unassisted death of a clearomizer today. It was fairly new, only a week or so of use. I had re-tubed it last night and it was working fine. This morning I noticed the vapor wasn't as warm as it usually is and switched batts. This gave me warm vapor for about an hour, then the warmth started dropping off again. I use a Puck batt mod, so I checked the batt voltage and it was reading 5.3V unloaded and 4.9 volts loaded. This was strange, cause usually loaded voltage is around 4.7-4.8 with fresh batts (5.6V). I checked the ohms of the clearo (should have been 3.2) and it was reading 11.1 ohms! Has anyone else seen this with a carto/atty? I pulled the seals off to have a look at the coil and when I hit the button on my PV, nothing, dead clearo.

With all the stories out there about clearos; I'll take 1 dying at this rate and vape happily. Hell, even if I get a week out of each one, I'd still be happy. I have three others in rotation that I've been using for well over a month. As stated at the beginning, I don't consider myself lucky; but if some of this clearo luck would just slide over to my Powerball tickets, I could live wit' dat! :lol:

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Let preface this by saying that I am not usually a lucky person :D.

I've been using clearomizers exclusively for at least 2.5 months and while I have killed a couple ;), I had the first unassisted death of a clearomizer today. It was fairly new, only a week or so of use. I had re-tubed it last night and it was working fine. This morning I noticed the vapor wasn't as warm as it usually is and switched batts. This gave me warm vapor for about an hour, then the warmth started dropping off again. I use a Puck batt mod, so I checked the batt voltage and it was reading 5.3V unloaded and 4.9 volts loaded. This was strange, cause usually loaded voltage is around 4.7-4.8 with fresh batts (5.6V). I checked the ohms of the clearo (should have been 3.2) and it was reading 11.1 ohms! Has anyone else seen this with a carto/atty? I pulled the seals off to have a look at the coil and when I hit the button on my PV, nothing, dead clearo.

With all the stories out there about clearos; I'll take 1 dying at this rate and vape happily. Hell, even if I get a week out of each one, I'd still be happy. I have three others in rotation that I've been using for well over a month. As stated at the beginning, I don't consider myself lucky; but if some of this clearo luck would just slide over to my Powerball tickets, I could live wit' dat! :lol:

Perhaps this will explain what may have happened when you disturbed the coil while replacing the tube:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iew-tips-info-help-video-549.html#post3345756

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread