First Custom Mix (Almond Pastry) Just Arrived...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
i know, i know... i should wait and review after a week or so cause it'll be better, right?

BUT IT'S SO FREAKIN GOOD NOW. :lol:

oh. my. god. this may just... may just kick AC out of my top spot. and just so you guys know how amazing it is, please treat yourself to my very vague and unhelpful description of what i wanted:

The Amaretto/Bavarian Creme/Cinnamon mix: Lighter on the amaretto than the bc/cinn. And if you think plain almond would blend better than the amaretto, please feel free to substitute. Or even if you think the buttercream or a vanilla would work better than the Bavarian creme, that's fine. I just want a creamy, cinnamony, almondy *SWEET* vape. (And I don't mind if you add sweetener, either). Something -kinda- like the Bananas Foster, but almondy instead of bananas? If you guys think it won't come out right, please don't hesitate to call, I'll just substitute with something standard.

i spoke to mrs. tv (i think. it definitely wasn't geoff, unless he has a very sweet, lilting voice, lol) before it was mixed and explained that it was basically a flavor from my childhood. 'some kind of almond pastry we used to get a bakery that doesn't exist anymore.'

as you can see, i was incredibly helpful. :rolleyes:

i wasn't too worried cause i figured whatever i got would be good, and offered all the leeway i could.

but it's not only good, it's amazing. it's a very lightly spiced, sweet, smooth, creme filling taste spiked with almond. i can't put it down. i don't know if i'll have any left at the end of the week to review the 'after aging' version. :lol:

& this being the first time i ordered a custom mix, as soon as i tasted it, i panicked wondering how to order it again since the clustermuck description i gave in my original order clearly wouldn't do. but the formula is posted on my account page! (news to me, i'm sure not to some of you longer-term fans.)

love love love love it.

THANK YOU MR & MRS TASTY VAPOR!

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
scheherezade (love your username btw)--i'll pm you the formula if you want to request it on a custom order. i don't know that it'd be popular enough to be a 'premium' flavor but it's dang good. i'd post it here but i have no idea what the etiquette for that is. :oops: anyone who wants the formula to request geoff to make it for them, pm me.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Michelle and I had worked out that recipe (almond pastry). We both knew what you were shooting for. In fact, we're thinking of making it a Premium Flavor.

Along with that one, we're working on a Baklava recipe.

I know a lot of you have been waiting for Kretek. It will not only be on the site on Friday (if everything goes well with the host switch), but it will be the Flavor Of The Week.

Hope that stirs some interest.

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
Michelle and I had worked out that recipe (almond pastry). We both knew what you were shooting for. In fact, we're thinking of making it a Premium Flavor.
Sounds really good...

...as does this! Beginning to think Geoff & I have the same taste in desserts & sweets.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Adpeig-- I had it at 20% VG and 24mg, so 35% & 36 mg isn't a big leap--and I find, personally, that lightly spicy flavors are the best at adapting well to higher nicotine strength.

:D That's awesome! You guys really did hit the bullseye. I cannot put this stuff down--and as a mixer with some of my other favorite flavors--GCC, Spiced Rum--it's fantastic.

Oh, and I am all over that.

I know a lot of you have been waiting for Kretek. It will not only be on the site on Friday (if everything goes well with the host switch), but it will be the Flavor Of The Week.

Hope that stirs some interest.

Friday... Flavor of the Week...

Stir some interest? STIR SOME INTEREST? Are you the master of the understatement? :lol: Oh man oh man oh man. Friday's the day! *bounces* Time to go debate on what I'm going to buy in addition to Kretek...

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
A couple of questions I have for Geoff on all this...

--If we want to order what Belletrist ordered, should we just cut-and-paste her entire description into the comments section? Or could we just order it as "Almond Belletrist"?

--Can't wait for the Kretek! But have you ever tried mixing a bit of Spicy Rum with it? Just curious, cuz they taste great together, IMO.

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I'm thinking since it was labelled "Almond Pastry" you can go with that, Karl, :lol: But I will PM you the formula added to my order account after the masters mixed it, if you'd like to use that instead. ;)

O Belle... you're most assuredly one of the jewels of the TV Cult... erm... I meant Community... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread