First DIY supply order... advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
About to place my first DIY mixing order. I vape 12mg VG/Distilled water only. My order will be:

-500ml VG
-120ml 12mg nic solution
-A basketful of flavors
-Some luer lock syringe needles (14 and 18 ga)
-1ml and 5ml syringes for flavor and nic
-A 120ml Amber glass bottle to mix base

Is there anything I am missing? I don't want to use PG, and I already keep my flavors in glass, so I have enough small bottles for that.

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
Have fun! You can get some sweetener or sour flavor if you like, but that's all there is to it. Start mixing small amounts only; things get real complicated real fast if you mix mixes of a mix with a few drops of that mix .... ya know? Been doing it 6 months now and I hardly ever waste any juice at all, now that I know what I like. Took me a while to figure that out, that was the hardest. Tons and tons and tons of flavors to play with out there.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
On a very first order I would tread lightly on the VG, nic base and flavors. Each company has it's differences on those three things and there's no point in getting 500 ml's of VG only to find you don't like something about it. Same goes for flavors. Until you nail down your likes and dislikes for flavor manufacturers don't go nutz there on your first order either.

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
I have not placed the order yet, so I can change everything if need be. I will up the nic level so I have room to mix it down.

I was going with Wizard Labs, as I have seen lots of positive stuff about them, the prices are fair and they carry decent flavorings from what I can tell from lurking in the DIY threads. I honestly didn't know that there was a difference in VG base, I thought it was all pretty standard fare.

What are the variances in VG that I might come across???

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I think your making a good decision going with WL. I think for the most part what he was saying about the VG is some isn't as thick as others. Some has been thinned. I haven't run into it but from what I've read some have. I don't think you will run into that with WL however. My Nic from them has always been top notch, flavorings great. On top of that there packaging is second to none. Good luck with your DIY adventure! :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
By the way if your going with plain VG and want to flavor along with adding a little DW, I would suggest going with 36mg/ml Nic. It's still relatively safe to deal with and will give you plenty of room to experiment with flavoring and DW along with adding some plain VG (might be a little more economical as well). I'm not telling you what to do, just making a suggestion. You could still above 12mg by simply going to 18mg as well. Good Luck

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Not sure if you already downloaded a juice calculator but this is the one I use (EJuice Me Up). You can download free here. It also has recipes already built in.
http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

Last edited:

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
Um.. you're right! I feel dumb, dumb, dumb. 12mg is 12mg. I will get stronger nic so that I can maximize the VG. I have seen all the threads with the math, and it all makes sense. I love to cook and bake, so I know the finesse with exact measurements, as well as flavor blending. So I'm not too worried about those kinds of hiccups.... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread