First DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenpaw

Jan 16, 2013
salem Oregon
so I just completed my first batch of DIY juice. i made 10ml and i was shooting for a strawberry lemonade here's what i used:
3.3 ml of a 48mg/ml 50/50 base
4.7 ml vg
2.0 ml flavoring (30 drops Lorann lemonade and 10 drops lorann Strawberry)

i gave my bridge-less atomizer a dry burn then put 3 drops in popped the cap on first thing i noticed was how thick it turned out maybe i need something to thin this out so that it will wick proper in a tank or clearo like pg or water id like to stay away from pg as it does irritate my throat (or at least i think its the culprit). next thing the flavor it turned out kind of like a lemon pez candy. not a bad flavor but not at all what i was going for. next was vapor production at first i got very little vapor after i let it sit for a few minutes then took another puff got very nice vapor production this could be because of how thick it is. although i found it odd because i am using a bridge-less atty and dripping straight onto the coil. any hoot help me out DIYers any body got a good strawberry lemonade recipe that they could share or maybe a place to find several recipes. (i want to make waffle, rootbeer float, pina colada, cherry limeade). also what the heck is going on with the vapor production here?:confused:

boxley

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Wichita, KS
Ditto on the ejuicemeup program. I don't have a Strawberry Lemonade recipe, but you might search the forum to see if you can find a recipe that you can alter to what you're looking for, like this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/164904-grape-lemonade.html

Also, I almost always mix up a 1ml sample of a flavor I want to try, without the nicotine, and tweak it until i have the flavor right before I add my precious poison.

Happy vaping and good luck with your DIY!

boxley

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Wichita, KS
This site is full of such awesome people u guys rock!:thumbs: That program is awesome but one thing when i run the recipes included they all call for some pg added. i do not have any pg and would prefer to stay away from it if possible.

Yep, I had a similar problem. First, be aware that many flavorings contain PG. It is a small amount but something you should know if your aversion to it is severe.

Outside of that, just adjust your desired PG/VG ratio of the recipe to 100% VG and that should fix it for you

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston
Yep, I had a similar problem. First, be aware that many flavorings contain PG. It is a small amount but something you should know if your aversion to it is severe.

Outside of that, just adjust your desired PG/VG ratio of the recipe to 100% VG and that should fix it for you

just about all flavors are pg base.. I count all flavoring as 100 percent pg in my diy calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread