First experience with a Joye 510 LR atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarsawNan

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Indiana-USA
www.maggiemadeit.com
Bumping this up for you, Jeff, in hopes someone with more experience will answer.

I'm still a bit confused myself as to the difference between LR, SR, and HR attys. But from what I've read on other threads, it has something to do with what voltage battery you're using with it. For now I'm simply sticking with the SR attys.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I'll try to break it down as best as I can without getting into the physics of it all (partly because I don't get that part of it myself!):

LR = Low Resistance - the coil has a lower resistance, meaning it's capable of producing more heat on a 3.7v battery. If you use a battery that is higher voltage than that, the coil cannot take much, and will probably pop. The benefit? It produces warmer and fuller vapor since the coil is hotter, which simulates a high-voltage experience, but doesn't burn through as much juice

SR = Standard resistance - Middle of the road in terms of what the coil creates - Best suited for 3.7v to 6v, although sometimes 6v is too much for certain juices to handle at the moderate amount of heat the SR atty throws off

HR = High Resistance (some times these atomizers are referred to as high voltage) - Doesn't produce as much heat as SR - generally you need at least 5v to get it to work. 3.7v won't even heat the thing - This is for use really at 6v or 7.4v - creates VERY warm vapor, but will typically leave you without much flavor as it still will burn very hot at the coil

Now, to get back to the OP's question, it may need to be broken in. Also, if you've been using atomizers that are SR, they typically run at 2.5ohm to 3ohm resistance. An LR may be 2ohm, which isn't low enough to really get a juice vaping like a higher voltage device. Typically, LR's are 1.5 to 2.0 ohm. I like 1.5ohm the best fo rmy LR's. Your atomizer may need some break-in, especially if it was very primer coated when you received it.

The only real way to know how much lower the resistance is requires the use of a multimeter.

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
i also switched to lr attys' on my 900mah ego, ive tried the 306's but they just werent working well for me, flavor wasnt to hot after break in either, it seems if you buy lr's some of them are not as good as other imo, ive bought them from rocky mountain vapes, janty, and from nhaler, some of them also have a problem with the disk in the bottom falling down over time and blocking the holes, some people have managed to push it back up somehow but i have like 5 that are like that and i cant get them to work, overall they are awesome th and vapor production, just wish i could get some consistency with them.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just started using LRs and love it,I tried using my standered attys and just cant do it.I love the throat hit and vapor production with the LRs to go back to standard ones,now I want to try the cisco 306 LRs.

Ditto - Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread