First impression, a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razloz

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Lasting impression, a good one. Been talking with Eric and the problem has been resolved. It was simply an issue with the messaging system on the website, and a mistake on my part not being able to find his email address. Feel kinda dumb now that I know where it is. In any case he has shown excellent customer service and I will be frequenting his shop in the future.

Original Post:
So someone recommended I try out DV because the prices are good and while this is true I am very disappointed with the service. I placed an order on 9/2/12, it took 2 days for my order to ship out. So I thought ok that happens and was anxiously awaiting my vape mail for the next few days. After about 5 more days I started getting a little irritated and worried, checked the tracking number and it hadn't been updated for 4 days. It's been 9 days now (since order was shipped) and still no update on the tracking number and still haven't received my order. Every attempt I've made to contact DV has been ignored. So basically just threw my money away, how is that saving money? I don't know how they're shipping their stuff but I've never had this problem with a vendor before. I've had delays in orders before but I always got a quick response letting me know what's going on.

Last edited:

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I've never had an issue either. 2 days to FL. Heck, I even try to consolidate my order monthly thinking I would be running the guy ragged with keeping him on his toes with minor orders. Maybe he finally went to sleep. I wouldn't even be as prompt as he has been. The place where I work does some mail order stuff. I helped put labels and stickers on priority boxes one day. What a pain in the ... with keeping the invoices with the right labels together etc and that was only for about 10 packages. I can't even imagine 100 or so at a time. I'd be nuts.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
as mentioned you ordered on a holiday weekend. everyone deserves a day or two off, right?
as far as the tracking number, that is a post office issue, not a vendor issue. the PO isn't that good at updating tracking numbers. my PO told me that it's not really even a tracking number, its a confirmation number and it might get updated and it might not. I would probably contact the PO too.
and just a hint, it's a good idea to be NICE when you contact a vendor with a problem (and I'm not saying you were not nice) hopefully your package will show up

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
I just got back into vaping after a 2 year hiatus. My order from them that I placed on 9/2 arrived on 9/6 (shipped to Georgia). I ordered a massive amount of varying clearos to see what would fit my style and didn't receive one dud.

It was tough for me to figure out after 2 years and the mass explosion of vendors I had never heard of (I only used one or two back then), so I get where you're coming from. Just wanted to share my experience, which was positive.

Razloz

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Well like I said I understand the delay in the actual shipping out and that wasn't a problem. The problem is it's going on 2 weeks now since I placed my order and I haven't got it and doesn't look like I will. Obviously he has no control once it's shipped out I'm just upset that I can't get any reply or feedback. There's a few other things I had my eye on and was planning on purchasing, but now I'm not so sure.

vexxygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Wenatchee Washington, USA
I live clear out here in Washington State, I personally have ordered from Eric, emailed him questions regarding some items I was planning on getting and did get, making sure I got everything I needed, and HE has gone above and beyond with his customer service, he even sent an attachment that I would need as his web page said it was out of stock and he happened to have a couple laying around and shipped them to me. I ordered my items on a friday, and they were IN my mail box No LATER than tuesday!! I have sent many to him as well and they are ALL extremely happy with how quickly they get their items and the personal note he sends on your invoice thanking you for your order! I am sorry you are having a bad experience because I haven't ever had a problem (and I ALWAYS) seem to be the problem child! (brand new to vaping myself so ALL of this is greek still) I hope this gets resolved for you quickly!!
Well like I said I understand the delay in the actual shipping out and that wasn't a problem. The problem is it's going on 2 weeks now since I placed my order and I haven't got it and doesn't look like I will. Obviously he has no control once it's shipped out I'm just upset that I can't get any reply or feedback. There's a few other things I had my eye on and was planning on purchasing, but now I'm not so sure.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
So someone recommended I try out DV because the prices are good and while this is true I am very disappointed with the service. I placed an order on 9/2/12, it took 2 days for my order to ship out. So I thought ok that happens and was anxiously awaiting my vape mail for the next few days. After about 5 more days I started getting a little irritated and worried, checked the tracking number and it hadn't been updated for 4 days. It's been 9 days now (since order was shipped) and still no update on the tracking number and still haven't received my order. Every attempt I've made to contact DV has been ignored. So basically just threw my money away, how is that saving money? I don't know how they're shipping their stuff but I've never had this problem with a vendor before. I've had delays in orders before but I always got a quick response letting me know what's going on.

Hi
first I apologize for not getting back to you on this thread, I don't monitor these threads as much as I should.

>>Every attempt I've made to contact DV has been ignored.
Can you tell me how you have tried to contact me? I am pretty accessible and while I do miss an occasional email, I am pretty much on top of things.

As far as me ignoring you, that isn't happening, never will. It's much more likely that you either have the wrong email address or it is in a spam filter of some sort, I use Gmail so it's pretty good but it can happen. if you PM me your details we can straighten this out. I looked in my inbox and my PM's and do not see anything. :(

On to the order, because I do not know who you are specifically I cannot really give you any information.

>>I placed an order on 9/2/12, it took 2 days for my order to ship out. So I thought ok that happens
09/02/2012 was a Sunday
09/03/2012 was Labor day

I am not trying to be antagonistic, but USPS does not ship on Sundays or Holidays so I am not entirely sure what you were expecting? Or how this could in any way be construed as a delay?

It went out according to you on the 4th, which is the next available day for shipping. You also have tracking and you are saying tracking isn't updating, this generally means there is a problem with USPS, not us. That's unfortunate but does happen, it looks like we just have a complete failure here on multiple levels and I apologize for my part in this, but there is not a chance I am ignoring you or that you are out any money.

please contact me at eric at gormly dot com and we will get this straightened out.

Razloz

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Hello Eric,
I have been using the message system built into your website and to be honest started thinking it might not be working right. If this is the case I do apologize for being a bit hasty with my judgments and I do appreciate you getting back to me on here. I couldn't find anything regarding your email address on the website, I may just be blind though. I'm going to PM you on here with my details so we can communicate a little easier.

Hi
first I apologize for not getting back to you on this thread, I don't monitor these threads as much as I should.

>>Every attempt I've made to contact DV has been ignored.
Can you tell me how you have tried to contact me? I am pretty accessible and while I do miss an occasional email, I am pretty much on top of things.

As far as me ignoring you, that isn't happening, never will. It's much more likely that you either have the wrong email address or it is in a spam filter of some sort, I use Gmail so it's pretty good but it can happen. if you PM me your details we can straighten this out. I looked in my inbox and my PM's and do not see anything. :(

On to the order, because I do not know who you are specifically I cannot really give you any information.

>>I placed an order on 9/2/12, it took 2 days for my order to ship out. So I thought ok that happens
09/02/2012 was a Sunday
09/03/2012 was Labor day

I am not trying to be antagonistic, but USPS does not ship on Sundays or Holidays so I am not entirely sure what you were expecting? Or how this could in any way be construed as a delay?

It went out according to you on the 4th, which is the next available day for shipping. You also have tracking and you are saying tracking isn't updating, this generally means there is a problem with USPS, not us. That's unfortunate but does happen, it looks like we just have a complete failure here on multiple levels and I apologize for my part in this, but there is not a chance I am ignoring you or that you are out any money.

please contact me at eric at gormly dot com and we will get this straightened out.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hello Eric,
I have been using the message system built into your website and to be honest started thinking it might not be working right. If this is the case I do apologize for being a bit hasty with my judgments and I do appreciate you getting back to me on here. I couldn't find anything regarding your email address on the website, I may just be blind though. I'm going to PM you on here with my details so we can communicate a little easier.

You might just want to email him at the address he shared above (eric at gormly dot com), as I know from personal experience that he responds to those quickly. Plus, he specifically states in his signature:

Please do not contact me via ECF's PM system, please use email or the website contact form :)

So maybe his contact form is having problems, but I know that he's stated problems earlier in this thread with the PM system on his end. Hope this helps! :)

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
Lasting impression, a good one. Been talking with Eric and the problem has been resolved. It was simply an issue with the messaging system on the website, and a mistake on my part not being able to find his email address. Feel kinda dumb now that I know where it is. In any case he has shown excellent customer service and I will be frequenting his shop in the future.

No reason to feel dumb at all! The most important thing is that it got resolved, and that you now have a relationship with a vendor you are happy with. :D

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
Now if only those clowns at USPS could get their act together...

Tell me about it. USPS is sometimes fantastic and other times just downright terrible. I ordered from you Tuesday night and you shipped it out Wednesday. The tracking/confirmation number showed expected delivery by 9/14 which was Friday. So I figured it would be in my mailbox when I got home from my work trip to RI. Not there. So I figured it missed my mail carriers departure from the PO. Ok, I figured Saturday is ok to get my vaping stash. Nope, not there. Called the PO and they see the same info I saw. Departed Kearny, NJ on the 13th and expected delivery on the 14th. Well, now when I look, it finally reached Trenton, NJ which means I should have it tomorrow the 17th. Normally I get Eric's shipments 2 days after he ships them using First Class mail. CT to NJ that quick I was thinking he puts it in my mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread