First impressions and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merus

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NC, USA
I have known for some time that a large part of smoking for me is the habit, as opposed to the addiction to nicotine. So, when I first heard of the e-cigarette, I was interested. No tar, no flame, no ashes, no butts, no tobacco, but all the nicotine to satisfy the cravings. They seemed to eliminate the harmful aspects of smoking, yet maintain the habit, the "ritual" of cigarette smoking, the need to do something with my hands, etc. I could "smoke" without smoking.

After considerable research, I ordered a DSE901 and cartridges from LiteCig USA, and atomizers and juice from PureSmoker. The order with the DSE901 arrived yesterday, so I immediately put the second battery on charge and started examining my new gadget, and discovered the battery had a charge. Also, a cartridge was installed, rather than a bare mouth piece, as if it had been "used", but I figured it was a result of testing before shipment.

After a few attempts, I discovered how to get vapor, and there was plenty of it, however I was surprized when I tried to inhale and triggered a coughing fit, much like when I first attempted smoking so many years ago. So I switched to the "no" strength cartridge that came with it, thinking maybe I was getting too much nicotine.

No noticable change, and I still got the gurgling I had experienced previously, and I was getting juice with the vapor. I removed the atomizer and blew out a drop or two of juice, and re-assembled the ecig. Re-assembly broke loose the brass fitting from the wall of the atomiser and I broke one of the connections, rendering the atomizer useless. I guess I'll need to return the faulty atomizer, but fortunately I have 2 coming from PureSmoker.

So, my first experience was dissappointing, but I prepared for equipment failures by ordering extra atomizers.

BTW: The gurgling is still there. :confused:

Questions ....

Is this gurgling normal?
Is it normal to have trouble inhaling the vapor?

Merus

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Hi Merus and wecome!

Sounds like you having some early problems :(

I have never known the cartridges to come fitted with one already on the e-cig? Perhaps someone else can confirm this? Usually it just a blank mouthpiece, unless as you suggest they test them but it not very hygenic and would question this with where you got it from?

Your gurgling atomizer can be quite normal for a new atomiser until it beds in and even then they gurgle when get too much juice in them ( a lot of people quite like the noise?)

As for vapour inhalation that too is nothing out of ordinary it something new for your lungs to cope with ha-ha! Some people do though have a bad reaction to the PG vapour and have to switch to a vegetable based glycerine (do a search for allergic reactions) I had a bad chest and felt lousy for a couple of weeks then was fine, so see how you go hopefully will adjust over a day or two? The liquid in mouth is very unpleasant (numb lips anyone?) and is usually caused by over filling the cartridges again there plenty of topics on this subject.

Hope you adjust ok and let us know how you doing?

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
Hi and welcome to the forum. First off need to charge the battery. Even if you are getting vap. A low battery can cause juice to get into the mouth. Next you have to learn how to vap. Vaping is different than smoking cigarettes. I coughed too in the begining. Its a little bit differnet than analogs. This is what I have learned,but not been vaping for too long.

Merus

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NC, USA
Thanks for the input!

Sounds like neither of my "problems" are all that unusual. I was a little surprised to learn that I need to acclimate my lungs to the vapor, but it makes sense, I guess.

If it makes any difference I have been smoking ultra light cigarettes for years, so a high dose of nicotine would not be well tolerated. ;)

If my atomizers and juice (low strength) arrive today, I will have the week end to experiment. :cool:

Merus

Welcome :) If u were smoking ultra lights.. I would recommend getting a ZERO nic juice to mix with the low (if the low is 11MG). It seems that people think that if u smoke reg's u need high, milds or med's u need medium and lights u need low... but that is not always the case. Sounds more like u r a habit smoker than a nic addict and if u mix the 11MG with the Zero at lower and lower amounts... u can be down to no nic in no time at all :) Good luck and people here are really helpful so feel free to ask or check the old posts and videos if u have any other questions.

Merus

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NC, USA
Welcome :) If u were smoking ultra lights.. I would recommend getting a ZERO nic juice to mix with the low (if the low is 11MG). It seems that people think that if u smoke reg's u need high, milds or med's u need medium and lights u need low... but that is not always the case. Sounds more like u r a habit smoker than a nic addict and if u mix the 11MG with the Zero at lower and lower amounts... u can be down to no nic in no time at all :) Good luck and people here are really helpful so feel free to ask or check the old posts and videos if u have any other questions.

Yes, I'm more of a habit smoker than a nicotine addict. That's why I found the idea of ecigs so interesting. I could satisfy my "habit" without all the nasty stuff in tobacco smoke.

I ordered some "medium" cartridges with my DSE901, and some ultra low (4mg) Riskee Yuice to try. The cartridges are too strong, but the juice is just about right. I ordered 3 more small bottles of different flavors in ultra-low, and may switch in some "no" juice next.

I'm still getting used to inhaling this stuff, but it's getting easier, and a lot more enjoyable. :)

Thanks for the input! ;)

Merus

Merus

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NC, USA
I started with "personal vaporizors" about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have finally gotten to the point that I can puff away without constantly being on the verge of coughing.

Vaping is much more enjoyable now. I have not yet quit cigarettes completely, but it is just a matter of time now. Especially since they seem VERY harsh. 8-o

So, if you are new to vaping and having trouble inhaling, it does get easier, and can even be enjoyable. :thumb:

Merus

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Most of the 901s being sold are the RN4075 (aka 901b) and most run hotter and ARE harsher than real/original DSE901, than most penstyles, and some others. Also the quality of the cartridge/juice makes a difference. Some will enjoy the harshness or get used it to it, but you don't necessarily have to settle for it as though it IS "the ecig experience".... often it's not.

tada1096

Mar 2, 2009
North Dakota
Most of the 901s being sold are the RN4075 (aka 901b) and most run hotter and ARE harsher than real/original DSE901, than most penstyles, and some others. Also the quality of the cartridge/juice makes a difference. Some will enjoy the harshness or get used it to it, but you don't necessarily have to settle for it as though it IS "the ecig experience".... often it's not.

so what is the dif between the RN4075 DSE 901 and the original DSE 901

as a first e cig is there one i would want over the other?

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I'm new at this too & am glad to know I'm not the only one having a few problems getting used to it. I'm using the Pilot Hybrid M401. I've had trouble with the batteries. I thought at first they were bad but it seems they last longer each time I charge them. I did charge them for the 12 hours it advised me to. This forum is so helpful. You don't get a lot of info with the kits. I'm embarassed to say I started using the ecig with the mouthpiece on it when I got it. It looks like a cart so I thought it came with one. Needless to say it wasn't quite the experience I thought it was going to be. LOL Someone needs to write a pamphlet entitled "Smoking Ecigs for Dummies". Thanks again for all the tips.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Dummies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread