First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just got my order and of course I had to try everything immediately. I will say that this is only the third company I've ordered juice from and I was incredibly disappointed with the first two to the point of giving up altogether. FSUSA has changed my mind, though. Overall, I am incredibly happy. I got regular flavor on all of these except the hypnotic mist, so anything being weak is probably my fault. Most of these have been reviewed a million times, so I'm not gonna go into great detail, but here are my first impressions.

French Toast- Not bad, kind of weak. May try again with extra flavor.

Hopscotch- Yummy yum yum, sweet and smooth, would definitely order again.

Gingerbread- I'm not blown away by this. It tastes like gingerbread, but it's a bit too mellow for me.

Thin Mint Cookie- My second fave of the bunch. Pretty much dead on flavor wise.

Hypnotic Mist (extra flavor)- I agree with everyone who says this is hard to describe other than just by saying it is freakin' fantastic. Definitely my fave of the bunch.

Cherry Limeade- This was a sample and not something I would have ordered since I'm not a fan of lime, but I have to say it is really good. Kind of artificial tasting, but in a good way. I was eating now and laters yesterday and this reminds me of that sort of candy fruit flavor.

There was one more bottle in my order, Bacon Fried. Most people would say this was a bad idea to begin with and they may be right. However, I don't know if Bacon in general is a bad idea because this bears no resemblance to any bacon I've ever eaten in my life. I was actually afraid to try this since the minute I opened it the smell of rotting ham overwhelmed me. Seriously, it was not good. I figured I had to try it anyway at which time I wondered what I had done in a past life to deserve this. I feel kind of bad being so harsh since everything else was really good and I don't want to put down the company, but this was straight out horrifying. After brushing my teeth for awhile I tossed the atty cause I don't even want to attempt to use it again. I kind of gagged a little while describing this. Stay away, stay far far away from the bacon.

Despite the bacon fiasco, I am definitely gonna order from here again. Unless something else I ordered comes along and thrills me even more this will probably become my supplier of choice.

kts

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
SF Bay, CA
awesome review. keep in mind the flavors are hand mixed at the time of the order and they will get stronger and better as they sit. i think my first order was almost two weeks ago and there is definitely a difference (with what i have left). be sure to try the butterscotch almond next time, it's a little more flavorful than the hopscotch right out of the bottle so it might be okay for you without the extra flavor.

kudos on trying the bacon as well, that was brave! you probably could have saved the atty though ;)

croman67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2010
Oregon
Yay! Someone tried the bacon!
I hope you kept it, so maybe in a week or so you can try it again. It might be great after it sits awhile. lol
I know what you mean about the gag and brushing the teeth. I got some peach from another supplier and ewwww just don't describe it. The smell, feel and taste literally stuck to me. Felt like I needed a shower. lol I kept it and tried it again a week later and still very nasty. I gave it to a friend of mine. haha He hasn't said anything bad about it, but I'm too scared to ask if he's had a chance to try it.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
LOL on the bacon fiasco. Brave, very brave. :)

LOL, brave is the perfect word.

I tried some once from one of FSUSA's better competitors. I experienced pretty much what you went through ... let it age for a month and it was worse, if you can imagine that.

I finally ended up using it as a scent for my motion activated wild life camera out in the woods.

artbyjoni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2010
Foothills of the Smokies, TN
i dont know.. i like tuna.. but not sure i wanna vape it.. i like vaping fun things, deserty things... not lunch things LOL Shrimp... i can take it or leave it... so not sure if that would make a good vape for me.. not a big seafood person

basically i guess the answer is .. maybe.. probably

I do realize I could have kept the atty, but I honestly didn't even want to attempt cleaning it out of fear that some of the bacon would linger. I'm not taking that chance, lol. I didn't throw out the bottle, though. It's hiding in a closet for now. Maybe I'll sniff it a month from now and see if its gotten better. If not I suppose I could try and figure out a way to use it to play a horribly mean prank on some unwitting person.

As for the tuna and shrimp, I mentioned how I found that horrifying in another thread and someone replied that they had tried the shrimp. I don't remember exactly what they said (and I'm too lazy to go look for the thread), but I think they liked it. I don't think I would have the cajones to try it even if I got a sample. Inhaling seafood scares me....and I think I'm scarred from the bacon. Only baked goods/sweets and tobacco flavors for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread