First juice order: Anything I need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed that MBV adds flavoring separately from the PG/VG, simply because they allow you to add additional shots of flavoring, and if the flavoring were part of the PG, that would increase the PG content. Or am I thinking about it incorrectly? I've never mixed my own ejuice.

Think of flavoring as PG. Since you wanted 0 nic I"ll leave the nic out of the equation. It should make it easier to understand anyways. :)
If you want a 50/50 mix, for example, and the default flavor is 10% of the total juice then they would add another 40% pure PG to bring it up to 50%, then add 50% VG to total 100% of the solution. If you want to up the flavor to 20% but still want a 50/50 mix then they would only need to add another 30% of pure PG to keep it at 50%, then the 50% VG to total 100%.
Where it gets tricky is when there is no "play" with the amount of extra PG they add. If you wanted 80vg/20pg and the flavor is 20% already (flavor = PG) then they don't add any extra PG, just 80% VG to total 100%. In this case, if you wanted more flavor, say 30%, it will increase the PG content to 30% and they can only fill the rest up with 70% VG so now your ratio has changed.

dmetzcher this is exactly what is confusing me on this

My thinking is they add it to the PG

So if I'm getting 20/80

their normal flavoring is say 2 then add 18pg
so if you want double they would do 2+2 then add 16pg

Thats my assumption but have not seen anything on this which is why I ask.

This is correct.

Edit: It is also possible to add TOO MUCH flavoring to a juice. Too much flavoring will actually diminish the flavor somewhat and give it a soapy taste usually. This isn't the case with all flavors but seems to be for most from my experience.

Last edited:

dmetzcher

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
California, USA
I would worry mostly by having to wait for it to steep for 3 weeks, rather than the extra shots, if you take most (if not all) MBV juices straight out of the box into the tank, you are going to have a perfumy type of vape, which i HATE, just let them steep and you are good to go.

I steeped for about a week (two for the flavor I'm vaping right now), and that was enough (although they recommend double time for tobacco flavors). I did submerge the bottles in hot tap water for a few hours when I first got them to aid the mixing. I also shook them every other day (though I should have done it more). You are right about using them right away. They simply won't be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread