First mod carto tank/tank/clearo recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Panama
Hello all!, I've been lurking for a long time here and have been analog free for 49 days from a 14 year 1 pack a day habit!

Well, I just ordered my first mod - a zmax v3 tele in stainless steel, a definite upgrade form my V2 which I started with since it was available locally. I also ordered with them a couple of vivi nova style bottom coil clearos just to pad the purchase to a round number. I have also been using some 808 ce3 Phoenix's on my V2s which had some AMAZING results with some MEL liquids I got, but I also got some awful results with most of the 15 I got. Three from the first package and one from the other two where INCREDIBLE, the rest where either perma burnt taste or leaked like a faucet.

My question: I was planning on buying a couple of ibtanked 22m tanks for my zmax, but need some opinions on which carto to use if I go this route. I also wanted recommendations on alternate systems if someone would kindly share their experience and why they prefer another product to ibtanked's. I would also love to know if anyone has a recommendation on a really cheap clearo or carto (501's and 808's both) that I can use to test juices (I'd rather drip of course, but I like to test juices while I'm out and about and for longer periods to asses id I want to rebuy) or take out for situations where I would not want to take my mod out for fear of breakage. Lastly, I'd love if someone could give me a recommendation on a good backup battery as I plan on passing my V2's to a friend that wants to stop smoking also. I was thinking of something like an ego twist or C, what are your thoughts on backup battery's taking into account I bought a Zmax?

Thank you all for helping me make the switch when I lurked this site in the beginning! :)

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
First off, welcome and congrats on 49 days smoke-free!

My question: I was planning on buying a couple of ibtanked 22m tanks for my zmax, but need some opinions on which carto to use if I go this route. I also wanted recommendations on alternate systems if someone would kindly share their experience and why they prefer another product to ibtanked's.
I received my 3 IBTanked 22mm tanks yesterday and am very impressed with them. The "thingy" they come in makes prepping a carto much quicker and easier than the old 'drip and shake' method - insert the carto, fill the tank, put it in the thingy and loosen/tighten the lid about 20 times, and your carto is fully primed and ready to go. I've tried Vivi Novas, the Smoktech DCT, Evods and CE4s, and the IBTanked is by far my favorite out of all of them. As far as cartos, I'm using the Smoktech 3.2 ohm pre-punched single coil cartos that IBTanked sells and they're working fine - in fact, better than the Boge cartos I was previously using in my Smoktech pyrex DCT.

I would also love to know if anyone has a recommendation on a really cheap clearo or carto (501's and 808's both) that I can use to test juices (I'd rather drip of course, but I like to test juices while I'm out and about and for longer periods to asses id I want to rebuy) or take out for situations where I would not want to take my mod out for fear of breakage.
I only started dripping a week ago, but I've been using Litecig's "Premium Joye 510 atomizer": LitecigUSA Premium Joye 510 Atomizer - nothing fancy, but it does the trick. As far as a clearo, the Evod is a decent choice.

Lastly, I'd love if someone could give me a recommendation on a good backup battery as I plan on passing my V2's to a friend that wants to stop smoking also. I was thinking of something like an ego twist or C, what are your thoughts on backup battery's taking into account I bought a Zmax?
I prefer the Vision Spinners to the eGo Twists (I have both, and the eGos are relegated to "backup to backup" status behind the Spinners). The Spinners are 1300 mAh vs. the eGo's 1000 mAh, the voltage numbers are easier to read on the Spinner and the adjustment knob is easier to turn. I'd say it's all according to whether you want a simple battery or another tube mod as a backup - a Vamo isn't that much more expensive than a Spinner battery, but I can't offer anything pro or con regarding the Vamo since I've never used/don't own one.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

I received my 3 IBTanked 22mm tanks yesterday and am very impressed with them. The "thingy" they come in makes prepping a carto much quicker and easier than the old 'drip and shake' method - insert the carto, fill the tank, put it in the thingy and loosen/tighten the lid about 20 times, and your carto is fully primed and ready to go. I've tried Vivi Novas, the Smoktech DCT, Evods and CE4s, and the IBTanked is by far my favorite out of all of them. As far as cartos, I'm using the Smoktech 3.2 ohm pre-punched single coil cartos that IBTanked sells and they're working fine - in fact, better than the Boge cartos I was previously using in my Smoktech pyrex DCT.

I only started dripping a week ago, but I've been using Litecig's "Premium Joye 510 atomizer": LitecigUSA Premium Joye 510 Atomizer - nothing fancy, but it does the trick. As far as a clearo, the Evod is a decent choice.

I prefer the Vision Spinners to the eGo Twists (I have both, and the eGos are relegated to "backup to backup" status behind the Spinners). The Spinners are 1300 mAh vs. the eGo's 1000 mAh, the voltage numbers are easier to read on the Spinner and the adjustment knob is easier to turn. I'd say it's all according to whether you want a simple battery or another tube mod as a backup - a Vamo isn't that much more expensive than a Spinner battery, but I can't offer anything pro or con regarding the Vamo since I've never used/don't own one.

Never heard that b4. Doesn't sound like fun... Is there a video of that?

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    Never heard that b4. Doesn't sound like fun... Is there a video of that?
    I don't think anybody has made a video for it yet, but there's a whole thread discussing it here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy.html

I find it a lot faster, easier, more reliable and less messy than the other methods I've tried for priming cartos (drip and shake, "condom" method, needle method). I've burned a couple cartos from not priming them correctly and once you burn it, your only option is to toss it because you're going to get a nasty, grainy, burnt taste from every hit after that. I was skeptical about how the "thingy" would work, but IMO it's pure genius.

sprki

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    Panama
    I just bought a innokin itaste vv/vw and this little mod works flawlessly! Great vape and love the vw mode ~ set it and forget it! Lol

Awesome!! Congrats on the purchase! Might get one of those once I start getting into collecting mods :)

Shhhh, it's nap time, lol.

Boge or Smoketech cartos are the favs around here (for the carto tank).

Thought as much, I did post on the early AM's. Thanks for the recommendation! I've heard that the Boge's have had some QA problems lately, know if that has been resolved?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Awesome!! Congrats on the purchase! Might get one of those once I start getting into collecting mods :)

Thought as much, I did post on the early AM's. Thanks for the recommendation! I've heard that the Boge's have had some QA problems lately, know if that has been resolved?

Fairly sure that's been over for quite awhile now. If you go to Surevapes ( least expensive), they have a good turn around and will have very fresh ones. Or Hoosier.

Last edited:

sprki

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    Panama

Thank you for the detailed response! You've pretty much sold me on buying the ibtanked products. It also seems that the boge cartos are out of the question now that I've read about your experiences with them. I'd love to be able to test juices just by dripping, but I think i need to test them while out and about to see if I really want to keep the flavor or not in my rotation. Any thoughts on a cheap way to test a juice? Maybe a vivi nova for out an about?

You've pretty much also sold me on the Vision Spinners. I'll order one or two today and maybe some evods for out and about where I don't want to risk dropping the zmax while in the bleachers or something. What are your thoughts on the evods for that purpose? Would they also make good devices for the tasting throughout the day purpose? Thanks a bunch :)

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    You've pretty much also sold me on the Vision Spinners. I'll order one or two today and maybe some evods for out and about where I don't want to risk dropping the zmax while in the bleachers or something. What are your thoughts on the evods for that purpose? Would they also make good devices for the tasting throughout the day purpose? Thanks a bunch :)
    Evods are great for both of those purposes (out and about, and tasting new juices). If I go out with my Spinners, Evods are my topper of choice - they're small (easy to pocket/carry), sturdy, reliable, easy to refill and don't leak. A dripper is better for tasting juices at home, but the Evod is easy enough to clean out and try different juices - dump it, rinse it out, refill it and go (you will taste a mix of the old juice for a while until it burns off the wicks, though, which can make for some....interesting...tastes if you mix vastly different juice flavors).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread