First Mod Purchase need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm looking to purchase my first mod and tank(vaping small stick vape rn) and i went down to the loclo shop and he suggested a Vaporesso Revenger X and a tfv12 prince tank. Is this combination any good. And also which is best NRG atomizer or the tfv12 prince?
Vaporesso makes good stuff. :thumb:

Personally, I'm not a fan of SMOK products. :nah: The SMOK coils generally require a lot of power from your batteries and the manufacturing quality of the coils leave much to be desired. They are also a DTL (direct-to-lung) tank and juice guzzlers. I would think with your limited vaping history you would benefit more with a MTL (mouth-to-lung) tank (more like smoking a cigarette) like the Innokin Zenith or Aspire Nautilus tanks. Just my :2c:

Last edited:

MLT_C0MpLeX

Dec 27, 2018
Vaporesso makes good stuff. :thumb:

Personally, I'm not a fan of SMOK products. :nah: The SMOK coils generally require a lot of power from your batteries and the manufacturing quality of the coils leave much to be desired. They are also a DTL (direct-to-lung) tank and juice guzzlers. I would think with your limited vaping history you would benefit more with a MTL (mouth-to-lung) tank (more like smoking a cigarette) like the Innokin Zenith or Aspire Nautilus tanks. Just my :2c:

I vape direct lung already don't know how to smoke mouth to lung very well .

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I vape direct lung already don't know how to smoke mouth to lung very well .

In that case, it's usually best to stick with what's already working for you. DL it is. I second the warning about SMOK. Their quality control seems to be non-existent, so you sometimes wind up with something that works well but are just as likely to end up with a failing device. I'll leave it to someone else to suggest an alternative as I'm an MTL vaper myself. Even so, between SMOK's Prince and the NRG, my instinct is to avoid the Prince.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The most powerful DL carto tanks these days I hear are the larger mesh tanks. I’ve heard good things about the freemax mesh. These tanks like high voltage and suck down large amounts of juice both electronic and bottled. As such they want multi battery mods on them, or perhaps a very large LiPo battery. I am an RTA/RDA user myself so my experience in coil cartridges is limited. Hopefully someone will be along with more knowledge in this area. GL :)
If you are interested in a wick and wire device I may be able to help of course. The main difference I see in wick-and-wire vs cartridge coils these days is long term cost vs convenience. Modern DL mesh cartridge coils can produce a vape as good as any wick and wire. Just at higher wattage, and of course the cost of coil cartridges starts to add up eventually

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
Vaporesso makes some really nice mods in a decent price range. The OMNI chipset is just a step under the Gene Chip in Voopoo. The NRG tank is an excellent starter sub-ohm tank and has some GT Mesh coils available now. I agree about the Smok and being low quality. I sale a lot of Smok product because a lot of people want it and there is no talking them out of it! Some weeks the Smok coils I sale are great and I have no issues then the next batch arrives and people are coming in to get coils every two days due to frequent burn out. Some other good mods to consider are the Vaporesso Luxe 220W, Voopoo drag 2 177W, Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 200W very durable. In smaller 100W or less, Aegis Mini 80w internal battery, vaporesso swag 85W? External battery, VooPoo Caliber Pen 110W, Vaporesso Cascade one plus(wattage varies depending on coil choice). Etc. feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm looking to purchase my first mod and tank(vaping small stick vape rn) and i went down to the loclo shop and he suggested a Vaporesso Revenger X and a tfv12 prince tank. Is this combination any good. And also which is best NRG atomizer or the tfv12 prince?
Thanks in advance.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I found vaping is a little like the learning progression when you first get in to drive a car. The more basic the car, generally, the easier it is to learn on. I recommend purchasing an economical simple vape.From your description above, this is all you need for now. For me vaping is mainly all about the atomizer(juice delivery system) and the expectations of the e liquid you vape.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly - Vaping360
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello and welcome to ECF.
Since dl is working for you I would stick with it. Are the NRG and prince tanks the only ones available or just the two you think you might like? Personally I think the coil quality will be better with the nrg. If you are considering a power tank you would be better served with a Freemax Fireluke or Pro imo. The coils are very good and you can get longer life from them.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
79B5D54A-91AA-44DB-BFAE-A72543CADFBC.jpeg
I cannot recommend enough the Revenger X with NRG or Cascade Baby SE tank using the GT Coils!!

It was my 1st external battery mod and I love it so much I bought 5 of them! One in each color. And a year later I still ALWAYS have one in my daily rotation.

It’s a great mod.

The tank in the photo is the original Cascade. The Baby SE isn’t as bulky.

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
I would also avoid SMOK - when they work they are fine but the coil life is apparently awful. Never owned one but read so many horror stories about them, I will never own one. Not that all SMOKs are awful - just the QA is non existent.

I am relatively new to DL vaping having started on an airy MTL setup. Currently loving the Voopoo Drag mini with a Horizontech Falcon tank. Have also read brilliant things about the Freemax Fireluke Mesh tanks - the coils for them are excellent as they also work in my Voopoo Uforce tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread