First order for IKV 510 & 306 LR, am I gonna be blown away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Dont get me wrong, Im going to do it less often now for sure... only when I have to! Nothing else has been able to clean up a cruddy, black atty.

Doing it because you have to, is different than doing as "preventive" maintenance. Some folks (a good majority) do it (preventive maintenance) to extend their life, which has the opposite effect. I found that popping an under performing atty to HV, will give it new life, and that life is often quite a duration.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
Thanks again everyone. Haven't read through everything yet ........ other things in life get in the way :blink:

But I think I need to get used to the IKV atties. The 306 produced lots of vapor but there were times that I get tiny puffs when I take a drag and I noticed that there's juice that's coming back up to where the mesh is, like backflow. The 510s were good as well but then again, I need to adjust as the IKV atties have more airflow than the Joye ones I used before.

I don't know if it's just me but is it easy to flood these? Maybe because of my mod as well. I use the Apex Alpha Ultra with RES and the atties seem to draw more juice than it has to due to the added airflow.

But ......... when I drip, it's all good. I get more flavor and vapor but I have to be careful with drowning it.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
This is what I was talking about in another thread, devices will often change the performance of atties. The RES is a unique system that may require a certain type of atty. If we take for example the GGTS woth UFS, some have had great success with Cisco LRs on it, others can get the Ciscos to work properly. You may well need a tighter atty to use with the RES, who knows. By the sounds of it perhaps a thicker liquid for use with the RES and IKV 510 atty could be a solution for the combo.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
You pretty much explained it exactly how I want to type it, Switched.

That's what I think it is. And that's why I didn't knock off IKV. It's not the atty's fault that I'm experiencing what I am experiencing. Vaping is not simply just the atty. It's all the components working together. I'm going to experiment some more and find a magic combo of juices and IKV atties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread