First post, casual lurker, not new to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalystRKS

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
www.twitter.com
G'd early morning, everyone! 3:45AM in sunny Florida.

College student, tobacco smoker for 4 years, cigarette smoker for 1 year, on-and-off vaping for 6 months.

I started with the standard "starter kits" from Totally Wicked, upgraded to a MadVapes 3.7 box mod and tank system, burned through 2 of them out of drunken escapades, and went back to smoking analogues.

Trying to quit, for real, this time with the help of my girlfriend since I got tired of getting tired (lol, see what I did there?) of walking up the stairs at the library, even though I'm quite active.

Just ordered my first VV mod, the VV Gripper and a Vivi Nova v2, looking forward to really kicking the habit this time!

catalystRKS

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
www.twitter.com
Yeah, one of the main detractors of me coming back to vaping was the fact that it is VERY daunting trying to get into the tech. There are so many things out there and little quirks that work and dont work, etc etc. I finally had a day where I could just sit and research and decided to go back to vaping. Laziness is what kept me smoking cigarettes!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Yeah, one of the main detractors of me coming back to vaping was the fact that it is VERY daunting trying to get into the tech. There are so many things out there and little quirks that work and dont work, etc etc. I finally had a day where I could just sit and research and decided to go back to vaping. Laziness is what kept me smoking cigarettes!

Yeah, it changes so fast. I remember when the word "clearomizer" meant something horrible and the only tanks were those awful leaky eGo things.

Looks like you have some awesome gear coming your way. Good on your for doing your research. I'm sure you won't regret it.

On a personal note,mI have not yet ventured into VV yet, but it will be the next thing I try ... along with tanks and rebuildables. So much to try.

Welcome to your new hobby!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I've only been at this for a few months now, but I've ONLY been using "those awful leaky eGo things." I've had a few leakage problems, but nothing major, and in general been very satisfied. Is there so much better out there though?

If you're talking about one of these... then yes, there are much better things out there.
ego-t_kit_3.jpg

This was some tech that wasn't well thought out or developed. The eGo-T .. I hated them. I much prefer normal atomizers or cartomizers to those.

People rave about "vivi novas" and mini vivi novas. I have not tried them, but with so many great reviews (many many people say they are wonderful for beginners), I'd seriously consider something along those lines. The see-thru tanks are all the rage these days.

I have a bottomfeeder, so I don't have use for tanks right now. Around xmas time, I'm getting new toys though.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Hey.. if they work for you... Then they work! My experience was not-so-stellar, but there are folks that use that gear. I wasn't trying to knock it/knock you.

Keep your chin up, and don't let what I say bother you. I've used a LOT of different gear, and I replaced most of it over time. It was a long learning process for me that has gone on for a couple years now. Once you get your post count up, head on over to the local part of the forum. I'm sure there are folks who know more about your vendor/supplier situation than I do.

Sorry if I offended...

Ejeltorschism

Oct 17, 2012
Singapore
Oh, no - not offended at all.
I guess I'm just a bit jealous of all the folks on here that can have legal access to all this great gear.
If I can be as satisfied as I am with the eGo line, I can hardly imagine how ecstatic I'll be when I get better.
I do rather frequently have the old burning taste issue too.
Anyway - thanks for the encouragement!

catalystRKS

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
www.twitter.com
On a personal note,mI have not yet ventured into VV yet, but it will be the next thing I try ... along with tanks and rebuildables. So much to try.

Yeah, I can't use anything but tanks at the moment. I started with dripping, then tried researching the whole "removing the bridge", to get rid of burnt tasting juices, and just went straight to tanks.

the 510 3.5ml carto tanks at madvapes.com work great with my 3.7v box mod!

catalystRKS

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
www.twitter.com
Oh, no - not offended at all.
I guess I'm just a bit jealous of all the folks on here that can have legal access to all this great gear.
If I can be as satisfied as I am with the eGo line, I can hardly imagine how ecstatic I'll be when I get better.
I do rather frequently have the old burning taste issue too.
Anyway - thanks for the encouragement!

Using an ego, i'd assume you're using cartomizers, so just make sure to keep em wet and not dry!

catalystRKS

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
www.twitter.com
Good to know. I also have a 3.7v box mod.

Are you stuck using only pre-punched DCTs? That's my concern with those.. they are cheap enough, but I don't want to be locked into one carto.

Yeah, i've gone through about 3 of them, never tried cleaning my current one that's lasted 2 weeks so far. Then again, I don't change flavors often.

They're pretty good, I get nice vapor with them.
-->Gif I posted the other day on twitter

I can't tell you about the flavor, since minthol is just supposed to taste minty and thats the only juice I have, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread